• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Colored Bonsai Plants Bloomed On Pacific Today

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was visiting on Pacific today, and was invited to view some plants that had just bloomed.

Alissa said she had no idea she was getting colored bonsai plants until they bloomed today. Said she had been crossing some green peculiar cactus with other plants, hoping for black and white mutants. The menu is from the yellow bonsai, and shows it will produce seeds and can be cross-pollinated.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
new bug? or some she had produced earlier?

During our "fun with plants" time I made a blue bonsai. I'd be willing to trade seeds with someone who made other colors. I'm on Legends.

Entheeya

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hummm... Interesting....Now I have to grow some more special
plants just to see....Thanks for the pics..

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are from peculiar seeds. Group 1 — Dryad, Titan, Tsuki Wolf.

*Plants a bunch of peculiar cacti to cross pollinate and uhh... "test"* :D

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is fixed now though, right? I mean I'd love a bunch of bugged plant seeds just like the next gardener, tho I'm already thinking about my poor plant house storage...

F

Flora Green

I got my hopes up today when I was planting seeds. I identified sugar canes, planted and when I moused over the bowl said "a peculiar bamboo plant". I SO wish that was the case, but I'm betting it's just a mistake.

Regarding the bonsai, I'm confused too, Sarsmi. I thought all of the cactus and bonsai bugs were fixed. Can somone confirm if these are old or new seeds and plants being used?

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my hopes up today when I was planting seeds. I identified sugar canes, planted and when I moused over the bowl said "a peculiar bamboo plant". I SO wish that was the case, but I'm betting it's just a mistake.
Yeah it's a mistake. It still grows into a sugar cane. I had the same hopes in the same sort of scenario. ;)

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a fresh, peculiar flowered cactus pop. It can't cross-pollinate, or be cross-pollinated. It gets the message about being a mutant plant.

So maybe older ones from before the fix can still be used to cross-pollinate?

F

Flora Green

Darn! I was hoping. I wish Sak would just leave these things in. They don't harm anyone and it's a lot of fun for us.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darn! I was hoping. I wish Sak would just leave these things in. They don't harm anyone and it's a lot of fun for us.
aye, but if allowed these fun little things, Flora, someone would equate to their not being allowed to have something....

"they got pretty flowers!! why can't I have a +100% dci butcher knife?!??"

F

Flora Green

aye, but if allowed these fun little things, Flora, someone would equate to their not being allowed to have something....

"they got pretty flowers!! why can't I have a +100% dci butcher knife?!??"
:lol:

S

soulstoner

Rotgut Willy I had a fresh, peculiar flowered cactus pop. It can't cross-pollinate, or be cross-pollinated. It gets the message about being a mutant plant.

So maybe older ones from before the fix can still be used to cross-pollinate?
I have some old ones stashed I keep meaning get round to getting them dirt for this very reason ... I know that doesn't help answer the question for the moment - but yeah dude...mayBE!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bonkers for Bonsai on Napa...please come take a peek (at 100 different colorful bonsai) on the top floor. House is below bagball court on west side of road to South Luna (at 84o55'N x 25o35'W). No idea about post Pub57 flowery cacti, but all the old ones except the naturalist quest colors still work!

S

soulstoner

Bonkers for Bonsai on Napa...please come take a peek on the top floor. House is below bagball court on west side of road to South Luna (at 84o55'N x 25o35'W). No idea about post Pub57 flowery cacti, but all the old ones except the naturalist quest colors still work!
Neato! I'm not on NAPA but just got around to planting my pre Pub57 titan cacti -like- the other day -- they're only on day 3 --- kewl !! Glad buddy had some stashed -- Oh but tell me -- did you cross pollinate with other colors or did it just happen !? I planted some other seeds along side thinking I may have to mess around with that... "Bonkers for Bonsai" - That's funny *giggles*

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those pink, magenta, turquoise, and fire bonsai were made by crossing legacy naturalist quest plants with flowery cacti of the same color. That easter egg (too much fun to be a bug!) was nixed (doesn't feel like it was fixed) in the last publish.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those pink, magenta, turquoise, and fire bonsai were made by crossing legacy naturalist quest plants with flowery cacti of the same color. That easter egg (too much fun to be a bug!) was nixed (doesn't feel like it was fixed) in the last publish.
It was posted that the bug was fixed, and I tested with a new/freshly grown flowery cactus and could not cross-pollinate to/from it. But yeah.. it seems like there's still a way to do it. My *guess* is old seeds still exist? Dunno.

S

Stucky

Yep it's from old seeds. The old seeds are still able to cross polinate when they are grown thus creating more seeds... still no black or white bonzai for me grrr.

F

Flora Green

I have got to remember to not put plants into deco mode just because a bug is supposedly fixed. *grr*

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...

This was from a previous bug which was fixed. But as you've noticed, players who have kept some of the bugged seeds/plants are still able to do this. Needless to say I'm not a big fan of those colored bonsai, but since most of you seem to enjoy them, we had a little design pow wow and agreed not to revert the remaining bugged plants.

Enjoy!

Sak

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOOT!!! Thank you, Lady Sakkarah... you've justified our faith in you and the team.

F

Flora Green

If any of you end up with green bonsai I'd be more than willing to try and get some gold together on another shard in order to have a couple. I stocked up on a bunch of colored bonsai before I transferred off of Napa, but there weren't any black, white or green. :( I do have gold on Pac, Atlantic and I think Chessy still. I'd just really love the green bonsai cause I have that whole green thing happening with the name and all that. :)

L

Lord Drakelord

Thanks to Erica3 and her friends laying the groundwork in this post:http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=979077&postcount=13 You'll need different colored flowery cacti that can pollinate. Just cross them with 7 day old plants in her list. Still a chance for black or white, or a normal crossed color bonsai. Sure hope this bug isn't squashed!
I am assuming that the plants needed are not from the monsters but the ones we normally grow?

L

Lord Drakelord

So...

This was from a previous bug which was fixed. But as you've noticed, players who have kept some of the bugged seeds/plants are still able to do this. Needless to say I'm not a big fan of those colored bonsai, but since most of you seem to enjoy them, we had a little design pow wow and agreed not to revert the remaining bugged plants.

Enjoy!

Sak
so we can't grow them now? only from the bug one that are alreay out there? would have been fun to see some color trees

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like an eternity ago, but the colorful flowery cacti were grown from unidentifiable seeds from boglings and bog monsters. Those blue, red, yellow, and plain cacti were never labeled as peculiar; and they would give seeds and pollinate other plants. Also crossing legacy cacti sometimes resulted unexpectedly in new flowery cacti. To get the "Oooooh colors!" bonsai (and rarely a black or white mutant bonsai), you would use the funky cacti to pollinate 7 or 8 day old legacy plants using the color chart as usual. No idea if the post pub57 bogling seeds have been fixed, or this ability still remains; and if it does exist, whether it stays after the upcoming pub58.

D

Dragonchilde

I can confirm that the plain cacti can still be found as of pub 57 - I didn't start gardening until a few weeks ago, and I collected all my seeds from boglings in New Haven.

I'm not sure of the parentage of these, I'll have to figure it out with a little deductive work.

HOWEVER, today, these bloomed on Chesapeake, I have two (and the plant that has the seeds is still in one of my boxes, I just have to figure out which one) purple bonsais, and they will apparently produce seeds! This one I've cross pollinated with the other purple bonsai. I'm going to put this other in a box until I've gotten better at this gardening thing!

http://i44.***********/11r3dk3.jpg

D

Dragonchilde

Aha! I found my plain cactus, and I did NOT set it to decorative! It still has 8 seeds on it, and I believe I found the mother plant... a blue pampas grass with 6 purple seeds left on it.

I'll get a pot started to see if this is the plant these babies came off of.

D

Dragonchilde

Quick question:

Those of you who have sold some of these pretties, how much did you sell them for? I don't want to undersell myself, but I hate overcharging.

F

Flora Green

I bought a bunch of colored bonsai for 10k each on Napa before I transferred back to Origin.

M

Muu Bin

Flora,

Did you ever find your green bonsai that you were looking for? I have a few "bright green" bonsai on Pacific if you are still looking...

~MB

D

Dragonchilde

I can't answer #1 for certain - however, ALL of the seeds I have, with the exception of a bag of "peculiar" ones I found at the Haven bank, I got myself as monster loot or from breeding others.

F

Flora Green

Muu Bin,

No I haven't gotten a green bonsai yet. I have a little gold on Pac though if you still have the bonsai.

L

Lady_Dark

Alissa said she had no idea she was getting colored bonsai plants until they bloomed today. Said she had been crossing some green peculiar cactus with other plants, hoping for black and white mutants. The menu is from the yellow bonsai, and shows it will produce seeds and can be cross-pollinated.[/QUOTE]

To start out, the house in question that started this thread is mine. This may be a bit out of date with the new publish, but it took me along time to figure out how I got the green flowery cactus that started this. No, it wasn't some old seed I had laying around. I was breeding legacy plants trying for mutant black and whites. Aparantly crossing the various cactus gives you a chance at a colored or plain flowery cactus. That is how I got the green flowery cactus. I crossed it with all the legacy plants I had growing at the time, and got colored bonzi from some of them as a result.

The same day I showed these plants I had someone else show up and say they were going to report me for an exploit. I paged a GM. I had no desire to loose my accounts over a breeding fluke I didn't even know was possible. The GM said not to worry, the colored flowery cacti and colored bonzi did not give me any advantage over another player, so they are not concidered an expoit.

Aparently colored flowery cacti also come from bogling seeds. However with the new publish I don't know if they still do, or if you can still get them from crossing legacy cacti, or if you will still get colored bonzi from crossing flowery cacti with legacy plants. I also don't know if the colored bonzi seeds I still have not grown will continue to produce breedable colored bonzi.

I hope this answers all the questions, I still haven't had my coffee this morning, so sorry if I missed something.:sleep2:

F

Flora Green

Thank you, Lady Dark. It can't hurt to try and see if the the new pub fixed these.

I find it funny that the GM said you are okay because the bug(s) don't give you an advantage over anyone, yet they are not allowed to stay in game despite so many gardeners enjoying these little bonuses. :)

M

Muu Bin

Muu Bin,

No I haven't gotten a green bonsai yet. I have a little gold on Pac though if you still have the bonsai.
Hi Flora,

I'm not really into the gold thing - I much prefer trades. If you have any duplicate colored bonsais I would be more than happy to trade with you. If not, then perhaps some other kind of trade for a plant or seed that you think might be of comparable interest.

MB

F

Flora Green

Muu Bin,

I haven't played much on Pac, but I'll see what I may have stashed in my bank box. I'll try to get time to log on this weekend. :)

D

Dragonchilde

The seed I collected from the suspected mother plant did inded bloom into another purple bonsai today... and I'm about to plant a bright purple seed I collected from one of my cross-pollinated purples.

Now, I'd love to get more colors, with the existing seeds - but I'm not sure how I would do that.
I'm fairly sure the father is a plain flowery cactus. But - I can't be 100% sure! I might cross that one with one of my regular cacti. I just noticed I have a bunch of reds. Man, I wish my initial crossing efforts had been a little more organized. I stumbled on something neat, and have no idea how I did it! Ah well, at least I know where my purples came from. Poor fatherless things.

If anyone has any colored bonsai to trade on Chesapeake, I'd love to get some more colors.

D

Dragonchilde

aha! I just realized where it came from. I have a bunch ofred flowery cactus -- that I didn't even realize were red flowery cacti. *eyeroll* Mystery solved. Red flowery cactus + blue ponytailpalm = purple bonsai.

Sweet.

And now I have a huge crop of red cacti of various kinds, and I'll hopefully get some fun stuff out of them.

L

Lady_Dark

I sell my colored bonzi and colored flower cactus for 10,000 each. I just got a white and 2 blacks, but haven't decided what I am going to sell them for.

Last breeding produced a ton of yellow and bright yellow, a few orange, and several green. 2 days and I get to try again.