• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Collector's Quest" broken?

U

urbanemonkey

(Would have asked this in the Quest forum ... but it looks like we don't have that anymore.)

I'm in the middle of the Collector's Quest given by NPC Elwood McCarrin in New Haven. I'm at the set where I'm supposed to go find Tomas O'Neerlan, the famous toy maker in Trinsic ... but ... he's missing. That NPC is nowhere to be found, either in the Trinsic Tinker's Guild (where he's supposed to be) or anywhere else I've searched. Is this quest broken? Or is something else going on?

G

Godiva_DF

On my shard he is where he is supposed to be in the Tinker's Guild

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Part of the problem is that he was affected by the invasions turning NPCs to Falsehood, Cowardice or Hatred.

If he went Hatred, he could chase people from his normal spot. If he went coardice, he could have ran from his normal spot. or got into combat with one of the Invasion monsters. If Falsehood, he would of course run away, after stealing.

As a result, he has moved some distance from his former static spot.

On Lake Austin, for example, he's moved a screen or two southwest of his original location, and is standing in the street.

Theoretically, he could have chased someone outside the walls, and be standing in the woods somewhere (as he returns to normal at the spot where he is, atthe end of the invasion).

Devs, you need to reset him back to his base location, and make sure events can't affect him anymore.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same thing has happened to Darius, the queststarter for the Human > Elf quest. He always gets the same status as every NPC in Moonglow when the city is under attack (Invasion). I have some funny screenshots with Darius (with no trousers on) running away from a nearby player, screaming "Get away!"... I always knew that elves are erm, different :D

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on Legends poor Tomas is stuck in one of those spots between a building and the walls where there is no exit..... a mage can rel por to him, but he can't get out.... thought he might pop back to his shop during maintenance, but that didn't happen