• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coin of Holding

T

Tyr

Considering the Bags of Sending are nerfed. Why not introduce the Coin of Holding. Devs could introduce it howerver they want. Could be a quest, gold sink, or even a micro transaction.

Coin of Holding:
-Holds 20k gold regardless of Strength
-Doesen`t effect the weight of the Backpack
-Gold is not blessed
-Wouldn` work for young accounts
-Gold would never exceeed the 20k mark
-Not affected by checks
-Could not send gold via Bag of Sending

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the Bags of Sending are nerfed. Why not introduce the Coin of Holding. Devs could introduce it howerver they want. Could be a quest, gold sink, or even a micro transaction.

Coin of Holding:
-Holds 20k gold regardless of Strength
-Doesen`t effect the weight of the Backpack
-Gold is not blessed
-Wouldn` work for young accounts
-Gold would never exceeed the 20k mark
-Not affected by checks

How we survived before bags of sending. Owe ya. When we got full we went to the bank and came back. Owe wait. Thats what I do now if I even loot the gold.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't get this, what's the point? It doesn't send gold and you can hold up to 20k, that's how much I can carry before recalling anyway...

R

RavenWinterHawk

Just a thought thats all.
Nah,

They have something called a backpack of holding. Its not a bad idea. Im just against anything that make the game easier.

Easier in the sense for scripting or farming.

The backpack works fine for transporting gold and items.

B

burnttrees

hmm so lets see if i have this right if i use this with my bag of sending i could hold my normal 20k gold plus another 20k gold in the coin rolleyes: and send 15k gold with a BoS :lol: sorry i agree with the others i used to spend each weekend making about 500k using the BoS sitting in various places just killing stuff sadly the money never lasted long but then again that was the point get the gold spend the gold get more gold nooooow i spend the time jumping around and as a result i don't sit in one dungeon alllll day on the weekends i just think this be :bdh: (yes i hit him from behind i am afraid to get pwned by the dead horse)

lets try to come up with something useful and try to help ea not by adding something that can be broke like the quiver of infinity or what ever it was that can hold 400 stone worth of arrows

lets forget complaining about the same old bugs and the lame scriptors who are just about getting the rest of the honest fan base to PAY FOR THEM to play the game

put in a bug report it helps it may take some time for them to fix but in the end they get fixed

T

Tyr

I guess the Dev team has all of you above poster WIPED into their line of thinking.:eek:snap:

F

FenrirsFangs

A novel notion, but the devs don't add a thing unless it helps THEM not us.

you have to consider:

does it make gold farming by sweat shops easier?
does it cause or relieve an issue that affects player attrition?
does it have unintended effects when combined with existing items?
does it present an actual advantage to play or is it just more complication to the code?
(i.e. does it add revinue or just cost more payroll and electricity to develop)

the reason you have to go back to the bank to begin with is to slow down the acquisition of gold. we werent ever meant to be multi billionaires.

if you want to carry 20k without affecting your weight then get a beatle.

a character with 150 str (which I have) with a beatle can carry 80k on the beatle and 25k in his pack while wearing 100 stones equipment. I get bored before I run out of room. You don't even need to have the strength like my fighter just take the beatle put 40k on it and ride home.

my assessment, it would be just another weird item a few people have that doesn't add any real joy to the game and is abused by the sweat shop guys so they can pick our pockets. the items for cash guys **** the vendors of the good priced items and drive the prices through the roof so that noone can compete then they want us to pay real money to order it from their websites. :rant2: I for one am against anything that adds more gold to these peoples coffers.

I SAY! stop all non intelligent creatures from dropping gold. no more sewer rat, slime, or mongbats. if it doesnt have pants it doesnt drop gold. When you kill a creature you should only get the weapon and armor it's wearing PERIOD. and a small purse of gold,maybe. I wish rares were still rare.

there is to much emphasis on huge party events and not enough celebration of the self made players. rant rant rant rant. sorry, off topic.

ahem coin of holding. nice idea, but is just a vain attempt at skirting the real issue, bags of sending currently suck.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the problem is that the bags of sending were never intended for gold or resources. They were created to send that valuable item you just earned to the bank for safe keeping. They realized that it could also be used to send gold and resources the same way and killed it to stop the farmers (although i can't imagine why they didn't figure this out before). Now if only they would be so quick to fix all the other failures.

B

burnttrees

Redxpanda they did spot this prob in the past but in a different way thats why the BoS doesn't work in the doom gauntlet