• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cocoa Butter & Sack Of Sugar?

• Thread starter Time Keeper
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Time Keeper

i was running around checking out vendors and to my surprize i saw a vendor selling Cocoa Butter & a Sack Of Sugar two items i never heard of before these items where selling for 250k each so being a rare collector i am tempted to buy them though i only have about 1.5 million gold so i figured i would ask on the forums someone told me my best bet was to ask on U.Hall. can anyone please tell me if these items are old or new? if there new where can i get them please? are these items valentines day items and if so will i be able to still get them when the valentines day thing is over i would apreciate any info i just dont want to get ripped off.

K

Kurgan

Head to Illshenar and kill Paragons. They will sometime spawn on them.
They are used for the new cooking add'on.

C

Connor_Graham

Heh, are you on Pacific? I've got all of the chocolate supplies for sale on one of my new vendors. Haven't seen anyone else selling them, and I'm selling out almost as fast as I can stock them.

Double payout while hunting for Dawn's gears...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<center>Double payout while hunting for Dawn's gears... </center>

[/ QUOTE ] ??

G

Paragon golems are the only source (I know of) of rare gears for "Dawn's Music Box"

C

Connor_Graham

Paragon Golems and Paragon Controllers both drop the chocolate ingredients, so while I'm primarily killing golems for the gears, both creatures spawn there so I get both gears and ingredients.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Paragon golems are the only source of rare gears for "Dawn's Music Box"

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh! as soon as I saw the post knew what you were talking about, been sometime since my last trip to golems there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What character do you use for your golem hunting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flutter,

I find that a warrior-based template works very well for me. I have hunted with my tamer but find it takes much longer due to the fact that my Cu doesn't attack the golems when told to (you have to wait for the Cu to decide on its own terms - haha). As for mages, I have seen them cast EV's but the golems seem to take them out fairly quickly. With my Pally, I can usually take a golem out quite quickly when using EoO and a Soulseeker. Let me know if you try something different - I'd be interested in finding out about other successful templates.

Regards,
G

G

paragon betrayers and paragon juggarnauts also drop rare gears.

G

Thanks for the tip, Connor.

Looks like you've sparked a good discussion. I was thinking how it would be nice to get a music box and collect the gears, but I know I'd die quite a bit...I'm just getting the hang of it since returning.

Knowing that Chocolate ingredients could be included means I would have an additional way to make some extra insurance gold. I'd charge a reasonable price, too. After all, would be a 'bonus' to me, and I hate the idea of our fine crafters having to pay extreme prices for basic needs.

I may reconsider the idea of filling a music box now that I can go armed with a few good tips. Thanks everybody! =)

I

imported_lady michelle

I went and got the stuff for my kitchens, Just go to compassion kill the ratman and the reds there. I go on a character that I need to work skills on and collected hides arrows off the ratman. I was disappointed that we get the chocolates blessed for valentines day. then also have to get the ingredients to make the chocolates off of paragons. The blessed chocolates took away from it for me. *Hint to devs* Wedding cakes

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have hunted golems daily for over a year, killing at least 100 to 200 a day. In all that time I have only been able to fill two music boxes with all gears.

I believe that the drop rate for these gears us just perfect. It is a long term project that is exciting to complete, no one can farm them, and ya gotta be on your toes all the time.

Hmmm 200/day times at least 300 days is at least 60,000 of the suckers.

G

Unfortunately, the size of the chocolates we get to make IF we get ingredients or buy them ends up a microscopic bit of chocolate, thus hardly worth thousands of gp for said ingredients. The chocolates will not sell for thousands of gp one can try to ask that for them but, these are so tiny, gp would be spent more wisely making something else than the new chocolates sadly.

They should have just put the chocolate making ingredients on npcs like they did ginger, for gingerbread cookie making.

Tis sort of the same issues over and over again, they create something new, turn it into a major chore to get ingredients, fun for some, time consuming for others too much so, and or the ingredients so rare like captured essence for making the hovering wisp which also does nothing purely deco, no alchemists get to even make hovering wisp except on TEST Shard. 476k for one captured essence at the mega malls *when* they even have a few to sell, takes 4 captured essence to make one hovering wisp that does nothing but deco, or nearly 1 million gp for a hovering wisp..which is too high. *although one can see those better as a final product, than these new tiny chocolates*

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

What character do you use for your golem hunting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Connor for it with his shiny ornate axe. 2 hits, sometimes 3, and either a controller or golem goes down. Paragons aren't much harder. The only hard part is the wait in between spawn times and keeping myself from cussing at the screen when I get hit with yet another colossal blow that can't be parried or evaded...

G

<blockquote><hr>

so easy a Chango can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]ROFL'ing! *snorts-cough-cough* Phew!

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

The ingredients and the chocolate you make from them don't stack. There have been hints of things to come but right now the items have no use other than to take up storage. They certainly don't have much value as eye candy.

G

I'm afraid that up to yet chocolate making comes quite firmly under the heading of 'major disappointment' for me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I went and got the stuff for my kitchens, Just go to compassion kill the ratman and the reds there. I go on a character that I need to work skills on and collected hides arrows off the ratman. I was disappointed that we get the chocolates blessed for valentines day. then also have to get the ingredients to make the chocolates off of paragons. The blessed chocolates took away from it for me. *Hint to devs* Wedding cakes

[/ QUOTE ]

<center> HUGE ONES! </center>

Not just a single tier cakes we get now but mulit tiers that cooks can change colors and place decorations on it.

G

I got as loot some cocoa butter today after killing a para reaper. First I have received of this type stuff.

L

Lilith_Mauvais

I actually think the new ingredients look better than the finished product. I've gathered a bunch for my chef and sold a few on the side. Every player house kitchen can use a bottle of vanilla or sack of sugar, but not a tiny dot of chocolate.