• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Cloth LBODs and Shoes

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Does any do cloth LBODs?

I find that, since they all take leather shoes, that leaves me short for the leather LBODs.

I'm thinking of selling off all my cloth LBODs.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The 4 piece cloth deeds give a spined kit, which has some usefulness. The shoes you should bribe up to barbed and turn in for horned kits.

The 5 piece cloth deeds can be turned into clothing bless deeds.

I'm not sure what you mean "they all take leather shoes"... this simply isn't accurate. Besides, if you want to turn in the shoe deeds without using special leather, just buy the shoes - they're cheap.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No, what I mean is that the cloth LBODs use leather shoes, and the leather LBODs use leather shoes. However, leather shoe SBODs aren't given out at twice the rate. That means when I fill a cloth LBOD that requires shoes (or boots or thigh boots, whatever), then there is a corresponding leather LBOD that needs the same footwear. Generally, the leather LBOD provides better rewards.

I'm considering selling off all the cloth LBODs and footwear LBODs and just use the footware SBODs for the leather LBODs. Make sense?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There is a sweet spot around 25 or so skill where you get a high % of shoe SBODs. Maybe make a 2nd character to cycle deeds at that skill level?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The 4 piece cloth deeds give a spined kit, which has some usefulness. The shoes you should bribe up to barbed and turn in for horned kits.

The 5 piece cloth deeds can be turned into clothing bless deeds.

I'm not sure what you mean "they all take leather shoes"... this simply isn't accurate. Besides, if you want to turn in the shoe deeds without using special leather, just buy the shoes - they're cheap.
A few overgeneralizations there

ONLY the 20 count normal 4-part cloth LBODs give Spined kits (and there's a hat LBOD that doesn't require footwear)
ONLY the 20 Exceptional 5-part cloth LBODs give CBDs.

So, it's not worth doing any of the cloth LBODs that aren't parts of these. If I have the gold and cloth, I'll do cloth 10 & 15 count smalls (either buying items for most of the normal smalls, or crafting for exceptional smalls and the few normal smalls you can't buy the clothing items for), and use them to "cycle" BODs (turn in for new BOD pulls, using your highest-skill tailor). I THROW AWAY all the normal leather footwear LBODs I get (not worth the multiple bribes), and drop most of the cloth larges that aren't 20 Normal 4-count (or 5-part town crier set LBODs that can be bribed up to 20 Ex with 1 bribe) on the ground. It's too unlikely to get a 4-part cloth bod to upgrade to 20 Normal count, instead of hopping up to Exceptional, to waste money and precious bribe chances on.

The only time I would even consider bribing these would be to get a part of a 5-part 20 count (either to make the large 20 Ex, or get the small from 20 normal or 15 Ex to 20 Ex). IT is MUCH more beneficial to cycle most of the cloth smalls, because of the the chance to get LBODs back.

Footwear Leather BODs are identical to cloth BODs for normal leather, so filling these makes no sense (as you can fill 4 cloth LBODs with the footwear that goes into 1 Leather footwear large, with the same rewards - so you throw away 4 spined kits in order to get 1). Check the rewards for the various colored leather footwear larges to see if they are worth filling - in some cases the 20-count smalls are best used to complete a 20-count cloth LBOD for the above rewards. I Think you have to get up into the EX Horned footwear to get to Horned Kit/120 PS level (with a chance for the random bump to barbed kit).

To use my own BODs as an example, I keep one chest in my tailor's home that has 8 books in it. Each book represents one of the Cloth larges, and typically has 3-5 complete sets of just the smalls in it at any given time. When I get a large, it gets filled almost immediately.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I was intentionally vague, mainly because you and I share different outlook on the bribing process for the cloth LBods. To me, they're all worth bribing unless they're exceptional already.