• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

closed

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it wont be free to play if u want housing.... u pay subs for that...like we do know....and lets be honest most folks keep 3 houses by running the 90 day cycle paying only once a month ...alternating the 3 accounts with 3 houses.- all co-owned up to all accounts .....thats cheap UO!!..

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A slight difference between cleverness and laziness, creativity, and knowledge... So i wouldn't just call it cleverness, i think they are cleaver enough to keep giving some pixels to players at EM events, halloween crap to keep UO population on drugs, instead of improving the game itself starting with bug fixes, and game balance and mechanics, pvp content, and marketing strategies...
I think most of the people keep their account active, because they are afraid of loosing their house/stuff. I dont think the EM events/holiday handouts is what keeps the UO wheel spinning.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Freeservers already exist, If UO wants to go F2P/P2W Then you can't have anywhere near the restrictions people are suggesting.

Why would someone come to play on our servers when they can only have one character, limited skills, limited facets, etc etc etc. The Only Thing I would suggest limiting is Housing because players would be filling up every server with houses and just sitting on them.

These accounts would still be Buying Expansions, Transfers, Sovereigns, Pet bonding potions, etc etc and at least making the game seem full. Chances are if they get HOOKED on the game again they will subscribe for a while to get their house back.

Returning players even now buy both SA and TOL before they've even placed their first house. They sure as hell would be picking up the banking upgrade/character slots without a house.

In regards to Scripters, take a look at the Freeservers, Bump up the Advisors. Code in some Anti AFK Menus to see if a player is still there, hire 1 More GM. GM Rivers is already rocking it, Mind you the game is pretty dead in the summer, but he is johny on the spot.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok ...tell u what lets not bother then......lets not try to get new people to play...lets sit back and watch UO's slow demise just because we cant be arsed and some are happy in the little UO bubble world....[whatever]

Please close the post please moderators

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok ...tell u what lets not bother then......lets not try to get new people to play...lets sit back and watch UO's slow demise just because we cant be arsed and some are happy in the little UO bubble world....[whatever]

Please close the post please moderators
As I've been saying from the start, F2P in UO will only work with the trial account ruleset... it's a WIN-WIN for what you want, avoids abuse and would bring some more players. Now if you want to save our game and bring in new blood, then we need to bring back the UO:KR client and make it as great as it should have been from the start. Our game is doomed without some sort of graphical update to make it marketable again and have new people at least try our great game, UO looks best in 2D (Classic Client) and 2.5D (KR Client)... 3D UO is just ugly and will never work. We also need to try and fix the economy, so for that we need more gold sinks and to remove/delete the gold of the cheaters/dupers as they've done in the past (Gold swipes)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it wont be free to play if u want housing.... u pay subs for that...like we do know....and lets be honest most folks keep 3 houses by running the 90 day cycle paying only once a month ...alternating the 3 accounts with 3 houses.- all co-owned up to all accounts .....thats cheap UO!!..
I have 5 accounts, and pay for them ALL EVERY month. I must admit, get a kick whenever I read where someone loses a house, and it turns out they were playing the "90 day game". Or when they go into "crisis mode" about their account because houses are going to start dropping RIGHT NOW. They have 90 days to get it straightened out. OH WAIT, if they only pay every 90 days, well..... Perhaps they should have paid every month! Just my opinion of course.