• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Closed)Gold pledges (to buy Baby Doll's Mag house)

Shalimar/Cleo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This. Was. Never. About. Gold.
When I started this thread off with a 2mil pledge, I could just as easily have pledged 2k, but I'm of the school where one good turn deserves another. I thought BD should get something for her good intention. The players who followed my pledge with their own simply followed suit, with higher, rather than lower pledges.

When BD ended the offer because of lack of 'community' interest, I had sent her a pm a little time earlier saying if it was me who offered the community a house and only had 6 players interested in it (with about 800 thread views at that time) I would say 'feck it' and remove the offer. I'm happy to say she agreed with my thinking.

Congrats to Starcon, the new owner of the house.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This. Was. Never. About. Gold.
When I started this thread off with a 2mil pledge, I could just as easily have pledged 2k, but I'm of the school where one good turn deserves another. I thought BD should get something for her good intention. The players who followed my pledge with their own simply followed suit, with higher, rather than lower pledges.

When BD ended the offer because of lack of 'community' interest, I had sent her a pm a little time earlier saying if it was me who offered the community a house and only had 6 players interested in it (with about 800 thread views at that time) I would say 'feck it' and remove the offer. I'm happy to say she agreed with my thinking.

Congrats to Starcon, the new owner of the house.
upload_2019-5-25_8-3-26.png

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow. This thread got exciting pretty quick. With all of this drama, I'm starting to believe @Shalimar/Cleo that we aren't really a community that can come together for a common goal anymore. I always thought the GIL/VICE thing was fun rivalry that added to the shard's unique atmosphere. Kind of a good vs evil thing. Now I'm not so sure.

I truly believe that @Baby Doll was trying to do something good for the community. Now I regret pointing out that it perhaps wasn't the best way of doing so.

And no. I am only Stinky Pete, I have no affiliation with GIL or anyone else. It's moments like this that make me glad that I don't exist.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I also want to take this time to point out a major issue on this shard that needs to be addressed. I run tracking quite a bit and I'm constantly spamming it when it's not soulstoned off. Over the last few months I have been seeing toons camped outside of dungeons acting as "cams" for the champ spawns within. If we ever want to be a community again this needs to stop. I know at least 2 players doing this who I'm not going to mention because they know who they are. I know things are slow and scouting spawns the old fashion way can be quite boring but these cams are really cheesy and have caused a significant reduction of activity on the shard. It's really sad and such a trammy thing to do.

Reactions: Sam

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also want to take this time to point out a major issue on this shard that needs to be addressed. I run tracking quite a bit and I'm constantly spamming it when it's not soulstoned off. Over the last few months I have been seeing toons camped outside of dungeons acting as "cams" for the champ spawns within. If we ever want to be a community again this needs to stop. I know at least 2 players doing this who I'm not going to mention because they know who they are. I know things are slow and scouting spawns the old fashion way can be quite boring but these cams are really cheesy and have caused a significant reduction of activity on the shard. It's really sad and such a trammy thing to do.
I have not seen any indication of this. Could you provide names or screen shots?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
could you mention the cam's names maybe? I haven't seen any ghost cams or alerters in a while actually but I also haven't really made an effort.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
don't want to throw your boys nonel and night under the bus? oppps

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I sent PMs to those who asked. I can't speak for @Nonel but I know @nightstalker22 doesn't use cams. Why would I bring it up if that were the case? I'm not going to expose tbe owners of these cams in public forum. I believe that would be a violation of stratics rules.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I sent PMs to those who asked. I can't speak for @Nonel but I know @nightstalker22 doesn't use cams. Why would I bring it up if that were the case? I'm not going to expose tbe owners of these cams in public forum. I believe that would be a violation of stratics rules.
Please PM me the names as well.