• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cloak of Silence

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM's passed out the cloak of silence +10 stealth, tonight. Thank goodness a guildie told me otherwise I would've missed it (again).

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow the EMs are kind... I thought it was only supposed to be given to the people who bothered to die the 100000000 times protecting luna... and not those just greedly wanting items for doing nothing :| this event has been going on for 5? days now.. and has come to an end.. and there was something posted about the cloaks being handed out a way bits back (with the post about all the other things this event arc will bring)

Meh...

Way To Go EM People!!! Your hearts are very big and you are all to kind...

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes they did post about the event arc. The Herald is great for that.
They did not specify when and how in an easy to find manner about these "secret" events.

I've been to the events. By luck though. No thanks to Mythic's communication methods.

W

Wilde1

Wow the EMs are kind... I thought it was only supposed to be given to the people who bothered to die the 100000000 times protecting luna... and not those just greedly wanting items for doing nothing :| this event has been going on for 5? days now.. and has come to an end.. and there was something posted about the cloaks being handed out a way bits back (with the post about all the other things this event arc will bring)
My power went out last night, i fought on the other event nights. I appreciate a chance to get a cloak.

Let me ask you this... Unless you're the guy with the cloaks for sale for 20m at luna, how is your cloak any less valuable to you because someone else might get one tonight?

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hilbrand
Wasn't it posted on the EM site also... (http://www.emquantum.com/LakeSuperior/) and there was a lot of coverage by that stealther guy who made the videos and posted them (not sure his name, just Watcheroo or something from the vids)

Wilde1
I want to cover a few things here first before I start...
1. I only go to luna to rez a friends pet, mark runes for new players rune books, Group up with people who do not have large rune collections, and for events.
2. I would never help the "luna vendor" system, since is screwed with so many historical and memorable vendor, I still have mine in front of my house, selling bandaids and potions, to those in need.
3. People who think like that, are the reason that the EM's aren't allowed to give items out anymore and canonly give dev things out :\

Now that, that was covered...
No I am not one of those "guys" with luna vendors, and No i do not sell my valuables, I like to keep them in the museum and make a little book about the event to make it remembered. Why is it that it would effect me? It is simple, There were about 75 people there last night. And from those 75 about 90% of them where there on the other days. We worked hard and died lots trying to protect the town. The event finishes. and we finally get to talk with dawn and the dragon. He brings us to the rewards hall, and suddenly there are 300+ people now there.. They went through over 500 robes I think they said... (now the point) People are greedy little **** a lot of the time, since all they want it items without work, without hardships, without taking note of the event. I was not targeting you when i said people weren't there however a line needs to be drawn. The history of events will vanish if the thing to remember them by is something that is worth less than gold. And NO I do not support people selling event items to make a quick buck, I think they should be perserved and kept so people can talk about it and reminisce.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, lets all take a second here and breathe deeply. In through the nose, out through the mouth.

Ok, better? Good!

Now, I for one have five accounts. The last week I have fought and died with characters on all five of those accounts. So yes, I got one cloak per account. However, if its that big a deal, if you can prove to me you did not get a cloak on that oh so important first night, I'll gladly give you one of the four extra I have locked down on my roof.

omggrok

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, lets all take a second here and breathe deeply. In through the nose, out through the mouth.

Ok, better? Good!

Now, I for one have five accounts. The last week I have fought and died with characters on all five of those accounts. So yes, I got one cloak per account. However, if its that big a deal, if you can prove to me you did not get a cloak on that oh so important first night, I'll gladly give you one of the four extra I have locked down on my roof.
I was about to shell out the 20 mil for one, since I've been away the past 2 weeks or so (see other thread). If you'd like to work something out so that I don't have to deal with less than reputable sources that don't care for the game (I run a small museum of historical items), PM me.

-omggrok

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They announced on uoherald (which is where they should announce things) that they will be handing out more cloaks for those that missed the event. So all this is moot unless they again fail to inform us in a prominent way of a time and place.

My point of my posts is that I would LOVE TO DO THE EVENTS. But when they don't post it in a place that the masses will see it, then the EM wasted their time. Word of mouth isn't the best method.

Yes, I'd love to do any and all events. I'd love for all UO players to have the opportunity to partake. If it's too much for the servers to handle, then Mythic needs to address this and do things differently. Secrecy does not leave a good taste in the mouth.