• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Client keeps crashing almost every time I teleporting from one house to another house

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure why this is happening been going on for over a month and is worst everyday now
Did full client check multiple times
When I step on teleport pad (store bought) I freeze up and get the windows blue spinning icon and then client completely closes

Any suggestions

Thank you

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is new or newer bought it last year cost me over $3300 with out monitor and software I realize it’s far from top of the line but it’s still good enough for uo

Thanks for your help

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3300 it should be near the top!.
Last time I had a Windows issue it was because the disk was full and Windows could not update properly.

Good Luck.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See if anything in this thread helps:

I'm not a fan of uninstalling.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks @Pawain I followed that thread I only use CC no add-Ons or 3rd party programs
Only anti virus I use is windows defender
I keep all programs updated almost daily.
I have been have internet WiFi speed issues as well maybe that’s part of it.
In the options page it has a Cache x amount of homes in client not sure how that works
It seem like jump from one house to anther it just can’t handle the data
I’m far from a tech guy so I could and probably I’m far of on my guess

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When I start getting client crashes, I restart the modem (turn it off few minutes, then turn it back on). Then its good for a week or two.
May try that before any brain surgery on the computer and software. I.E. maybe you get internet "hickups" from the modem. GL.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep. Not fun to have client crash when in the middle of encounters and surrounded by hostiles. So just before "serious" encounters I spend 5 minutes "restarting" the blinkety blink comcast modem, and usually will not get the grey robes..

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could try upping the amount of homes your uo stores in its database. I usually keep mine at 1 but if you frequent a certain amount maybe up it to that?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
have you tried moving the teleporter to a different location within your house?
is your house cluttered with tons of deco or parrots?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This happens in multiple houses I can try moving them

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why this is happening been going on for over a month and is worst everyday now
Did full client check multiple times
When I step on teleport pad (store bought) I freeze up and get the windows blue spinning icon and then client completely closes

Any suggestions

Thank you
Sounds like a demon. All ya'll got demons. How the hell am I signing on again in communist China after 8 years gone in the game with a dang ass 10 year old Acer and having none of these problems, along with having to fanegal my way through the Great Firewall? Dang strange, weird and unbelievable things happening in the States. Paranormal. You peeps are falling apart. Play the game while you can. All you gonna die. Hopeless.

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah mine crashes also but for different reasons. Usually if I can get through the first 5 minutes I'm ok. Anything I do after that is usually ok. But very often I'll just log in and often check vendor search first thing for stuff I'm watching for and it just crashes instantly. I'm religious about keeping drivers up to date. Have Malwarebytes, etc. I just accept it. It sucks.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
When I crash the client, I always suspect the hickuping modem..Soo..I just cold reboot the modem (unplug the @##$## thing and plug it back again). Usually no more client crash.

bahat

Adventurer
If it doesn't happen with anything other than the teleporters, it isn't a connectivity issue.

Have you checked Windows Logs > Application or Windows Logs > System when this happens?

Right click your task button > Computer Management > Windows Logs > Application or System

This is going to tell you if the application is having issues.

Does this happen on CC or EC?
Have you tried with another account that ISN'T the owner of the teleporters?