• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

client.exe shuts down and cant re-enter

M

mastodon

this is in full screen mode and smaller screen as well. its in an area past the maddening horrors and its some ruined city of some kind. not sure still new to the areas. anyways i get to the char selection and has the usual "entering britannia" screen then it shuts down, however when i try to log back in with another character it says my other char is already logged in and i need to to timeout. anyway to resolve this? anyone else have the same problem and have a temp fix just to get my boy outta there? again this is the area and its client.exe so be wary traveling out that far.thnks

P

PowerFullPete

I have almost the same problem,but in my house. When i log in i see my house then it locks up and the graphics become all garbled....only way out is to reset computer. Re-installing SA enhanced now to see if that's the prob...

P

PowerFullPete

I have almost the same problem,but in my house. When i log in i see my house then it locks up and the graphics become all garbled....only way out is to reset computer. Re-installing SA enhanced now to see if that's the prob...
Well after almost 3 hrs of downloading to get to 83% I got a patch error on the server side...now have to start at 0...Well can't even get to 1%now before i get a patch error.

Ok cool, it says starting at 0%, but thats 0 of the 17% i had left to download, shouldnt take too long now.

M

mastodon

well i did a reinstall and all the usual "good times" stuff. still cant get into this char. this is awesome, 12years and still consistent about premature released product. good thing this my best char too. how about a shard revert? lol nah JK.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im Glad Someone Else Is Having This Problem It Happenes To Me At Least 4 Times A Day. As Matter Of Fact As Im Writing This I Am Unable To Ge Into My Chars. I Was Running Around Looking For Stealable Each Time And I Freeze Then The Client Has The Error. This Has Been Happening Since Open Beta And Had Continued To The Regular Shards.

S

shadowking

it happened to me also about an hour ago was walking along nea were slasher is and crashed. tried to relog and crashed again

P

PowerFullPete

Even after a fresh re-install i still insta crash when i log in...makin me think it's something on my computer that's screwy , don't wana re-install xp but i don't have much else to do, all drivers are updated...

M

mastodon

i dont think its reinstall issue, if its numerous people with the same issue. the mob rules.
it has to be something on there end if you can log in with some of your chars and not others.i also noticed the area where this is happening on my end is a end of the map area,hardly any spawn, not much standing out for decor either to lag the server. ive contacted ea support ill see where thats gets me and ill post if i have a solution.

Satana

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Same thing happened to me a few hours ago by the slasher of veils just as soon as you leave the building area heading north east. Kept trying to log back in, got to the "Entering Brit.." screen but would repeatedly crash. After like 10 attempts i gave up and logged into another char on a different account. It has to have something to do with that area.

F

Freya/Passion

This is also happening to my friend, I'm assuming its a video card problem. When she gets near the Slasher of the Veils circle home thing, she will client error and can not get back on her char. I will then log into her account and take her across the bridge and she can log back in and explore the abyss fine. I'm assuming theres something in the graphics that her computer won't read, since I am able to run her account through the same area's with no problems.

Not sure hopefully it can be solved, before she has to buy a new computer... maybe.

Satana

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Now i have two characters stuck, both in the abyss. Managed to relog the first stuck char after a few hours and recalled home. Logged into another character, and she is now stuck by the caravan. So i logged in another character to go invis her ( she was in a pretty safe spot but wanted to make sure ) and now that character crashed! on the way there (different spot) and cant log in. This is getting annoying...

Z

Zero Day

Someone posted a fix for this on UHall.

Regarding copying the desktop info from one character to another.

I dont know the details.

Anyway this happens to me in the abyss in the ruined city where the slasher is.

If your map is open when you enter the city from the west or from that little pool beside the city to the east you crash and cannot log back in.

If you have the SA client you can log in, remove yourself from that are then go back to the 2D client.
If you want to run through the area on your 2D client, CLOSE YOUR RADAR MAP.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully They Find A Fix For This We Shouldnt Have To Close Our Map Just To Get Through.

Penelope's Notebook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same thing happened to me yesterday, whilst exploring the Stygian Abyss. The in-game help advised the following:- (which unfortunately did not resolve the issue and I am still unable to access that particular character)

"Please take the following steps to try and resolve the issue:
-Find the UO client folder
-Open the "Desktop" folder inside
-Remove folder with the stuck character's name
-Log character in"

I have since yesterday been waiting for a reply from EA support, after writing and sending them an Email. We can only hope.

Edit:- Note ~ NOT a good resolve unless you have more than one computer in your household:- I tried logging in on a different computer in the same household (all in 2D), it crashed on first logging in (although it got further than the entering britannia stage) but then the second time around I have been able to move the character away from the slasher of veils area and I am now able to access that character from the usual computer.

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This same thing happen to my husband and I always in the Stygian Abyss . We have had to go in the Ea game files and rename the char that is stuck example....joe to joe1 my chars name is now up to 9..... we also got the same anwser you did and it did not work another nice person on here told me about the re name thing in your file folder on your computer. It may take a few times but it works kinda sucks we can not enjoy what we payed for and I can hardley believe they have not heard of this problem. They really need to address this issue now.:mad: