• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Classic dungeon crawl - Siege Perilous - 5PM PST Sat March 12th

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some very strict rules to follow, if any doubts about anything post it here so I can clarify a bit.

Armor worn must be one of the following, and must be NPC purchased, with no modifications whatsoever.
* Full Plate Armor
* Chainmail Armor
* Ringmail Armor
* Studded Armor
* Leather Armor
* Clothes only.

All suits may use any hat purchasable from an NPC tailor or smith.

Clothes may be worn, and it is not only acceptable but preferred to dye them. Any clothing items that have no modifications, and are decorative only, may be crafted.

Weapons must be standard weapons bought from town NPC's, mages cannot use LRC or arcane gear, reagents only. Spell books with modifications are not allowed.

Each character can optionally carry a TOTAL of 10 potions of the following types
* Heal
* Cure
* Strength
* Refresh
* Agility
* Explosion
* Night sight
* Poison

Bandages are allowed but no more than 150 may be carried. No enhanced or faction bandages allowed.

Arrows or bolts may be carried, but no more than 200 total.

No jewelry or talismans are allowed to be worn.

Most skills may be used but mages, necros, myst, and other such classes may not use summons.

Faction characters may not use monster ignore nor any other faction powers. No virtues are allowed to be used as well.

Tamers are welcome, but may not use a bonded pet, nor any pet that did not originally spawn in Britannia. pets must be freshly tamed and untrained, unfortunately pets higher than 90 taming skill cannot be allowed (sorry, no dragons)

Bards are allowed but you may not use bard mastery skills.

Hiding is allowed but stealth is not.

Use of mounts, animal forms, and other forms are prohibited for the duration of the event. (Necro wraith/lich forms, myst stone form, etc..)

No consumables or pieces of equipment other than those specifically mentioned here may be used. (IE, no quivers may be used)

This cannot be enforced but use of UO Automap or Cart is frowned upon, it takes away from the group experience.

Upon the designated starting time, the participating group will join a single party (or multiple if more than 10 attend) Dice will be rolled to choose randomly one of the Anti-virtue dungeons. Depending on the dungeon chosen, a specific goal will be given for the group (this will be kept secret until the event). If this takes less than a half hour, say if a small dungeon like wrong is chosen, a second dungeon will be rolled.

THIS IS A GROUP EVENT. The goal is for the entire group to help each other make it to the goal, so players may not simply be "left behind" to get to the goal faster. There is no skill requirement, even a newly created character can participate.

I ask if any PK's or thieves want to raid the event, do it with the spirit of the event...In nothing but NPC bought goods not using stealth or bonded tamables.

This even is primarily just for fun, but there may be a prize. All players are welcome, if you don't play on siege create a newbie character and join in, we'd be happy to equip you.

I have a larger event planned in the future, but may as well start doing smaller ones in the meantime :)

I don't have a set time yet, wanted to get a headcount of interest and best times first, but I'm PST so next Saturday, possible around 2 or 3 pacific is probable.

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Classic dungeon crawl - Siege Perilous - Sat March 12th

Maybe a posting on Uhall would help to draw some others in?:thumbup1:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WHy arn't you guys doing peerless or doom? SOmething where multiple people can get rewards and goodies. Get a little group (small as 5) and you can rock anything in this game for good gear. Do paroxymous. Speedy needs one of those paroxy mounts. Or try shimmering effusion for a nice crystaline ring.

I'd even be interested in doing some doom runs/peerless runs just to do them. They are fun and sometimes you get lucky!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WHy arn't you guys doing peerless or doom? SOmething where multiple people can get rewards and goodies. Get a little group (small as 5) and you can rock anything in this game for good gear. Do paroxymous. Speedy needs one of those paroxy mounts. Or try shimmering effusion for a nice crystaline ring.

I'd even be interested in doing some doom runs/peerless runs just to do them. They are fun and sometimes you get lucky!
This isn't about loot, this is about going out in a group and having FUN, and doing something interesting. If you've never done anything like this it's a blast getting together with lots of people in cheap gear, and helping each other through to the end.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

If I don´t work, I´m in.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This isn't about loot, this is about going out in a group and having FUN, and doing something interesting. If you've never done anything like this it's a blast getting together with lots of people in cheap gear, and helping each other through to the end.
Fun idea. I think it would also be pretty funny to keep those rules and get as many people as possible and see how well a mob of old school rules characters could do vs a peerless or champ spawn.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is a great idea and I'd be in if I could...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Fun idea. I think it would also be pretty funny to keep those rules and get as many people as possible and see how well a mob of old school rules characters could do vs a peerless or champ spawn.
haha. I can already see you trying to do the Dark Father in Doom with less than 30 resists. One hit kill on your entire team. One wither and it's over :p

Same with Lady Mel, most spawns. It's ridiculous the amount of damage even between 55 resists and 70.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

haha. I can already see you trying to do the Dark Father in Doom with less than 30 resists. One hit kill on your entire team. One wither and it's over :p

Same with Lady Mel, most spawns. It's ridiculous the amount of damage even between 55 resists and 70.
Maybe if you would be doing something really scary make sure everyone has Gm arms lore made armor? Not sure if that would do it, but If so it would certainly be a challenge.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sounds good. I hope to attend.

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yeah sounds like lots of fun.... i try to come too

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Will try to be there. Good chance to meet some of the folks. Time doesnt really matter on a saturday.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Classic dungeon crawl - Siege Perilous - 5PM Sat March 12th

updated time in post title.

Also I'm going to have spare lanterns, torches, and a few suits of armor for any new players who can't afford the 5k gold or so to buy them straight off the NPC's (plate can be a little expensive).

Anyone who's going to attend I ask, if possible (don't stress yourself if you can't), to record the event or take screen shots, helps give more cuts for making a video/story thread later.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Classic dungeon crawl - Siege Perilous - 5PM Sat March 12th

I think there is still a strength requirement on some pieces of Plate, so you might need to double check they have the necessary strength.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a blast. If I can get on I will do all I can to help and participate.
If I am on I can either bard or tame tons of critters for people.
*sighs with nostalgia* packs of hell kitties and puppies and lets not forget the frost spiders and frenzideds.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks to Raptor for organizing the adventure. We all enjoyed it. I think ten of us set out on the first quest (Faenwen, Hoffs, Luck, Nightstalker, Raptor, Saint Dismas, Salron, Shakespeare, Unclesham, Vladimir) but death and fear had halved that number by the end. Sara Dale joined us for the journey into Shame though.

A few screenshots:

The fearless Hoffs!

Gathering at the tavern, ready for adventure

In Wrong, hot on the trail of the diabolical mage who had left a tavern without paying for his meal

Organizing a picnic for the titans in Despise (they didn't show)

Fleeing Shame after Unclesham had successfully led us to the recovery of the Goblet of Honour

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed this, which is sad for me 'cuz it sounded fun. I will look forward to the next one you host.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a good time. Was a lot of fun fighting trolls and ettins again. Sadly I had to exit early due to sleepy children. Looking forward to the next time!

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like everyone had a blast.... I was busy with family... sorry I missed it :)

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was a bit late for me in the UK, otherwise I'd have been along :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think ten of us set out on the first quest (Faenwen, Hoffs, Luck, Nightstalker, Raptor, Saint Dismas, Salron, Shakespeare, Unclesham, Vladimir)
And when Hoffs says Luck, he means Luna... ;)

Was a fun evening.