• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wanted to see the Nightmares in the CC so I've tried and tried to run it but every time I get all the way to choosing my character to log in and then as soon as it flashes onto the screen it crashes.

I've tried running it in compatibility mode, tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it... uninstalled deleted the entire game reinstalled it and still crashes same spot... tried running it with and without the patcher... can't seem to make it work at all. Yes it's running as Admin...

It gives ZERO errors that I can see just the window pop up like this:

upload_2017-7-24_17-33-5.png

Any suggestions?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You trying to log onto the same character or different characters?
try going in the EC client move your character out of the spot that crashes

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I tried all that but apparently it's just her... and deleting her file seems to have fixed it... don't know why she is corrupt.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oooh that was a bit harsh! :eek:
It's ok... I considered the source.

Considering no one offered any assistance in the issue... and I resolved it myself doesn't really matter. Suppose the thread could be deleted.

Just wanted to see what my Mares color really was in the CC... though I'll say this they nerfed a lot more than just Consume Damage... Went back trying to get the other color Mare I'm missing...

Spent a good 3 hours doing nothing but continuous killing of Nightmares... and either I've got the WORST luck ever with the RNG or they nerfed the crap out of colored mare spawns... 3 solid hours of killing and NO colored mares spawned at all...

I suppose I'm not surprised that the "honeymoon" is over... you know how it goes they introduce something.... get you hooked on it... and then scale it back to the point it's ridiculous. Now I am guessing the only way to get a fraction of a chance at a colored mare is to buy into that stupid totem...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suppose I'm not surprised that the "honeymoon" is over... you know how it goes they introduce something.... get you hooked on it... and then scale it back to the point it's ridiculous.
Bingo. Somewhere back there I remember when Shadowguard came out, with all that loot, we were griping about t-chest loots and stuff being nerfed. And Kyronix stated that they didnt nerf anything, but they did "adjust" things to encourage people to move on and play the newer stuff... So the reality is, UO is only a sandbox game where you can do anything you want to if and only if you don't mind playing with the rusty old toys no one wants anymore. If you want top line, you must follow the carrot on the stick.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I am guessing the only way to get a fraction of a chance at a colored mare is to buy into that stupid totem...
Might just be the RNG for me as well, but since the phallic symbol called a totem came out in the store the mare colors or lack of don't seem to materialize very often naturally now.

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Its like going to the grocery store and finding things you like. Then you go back again and it gone. Then you ask about the product and they say its seasonal. ( That happened to me at a Sams, I had been buying some crackers, (low carbs) I had been buying for about 6 months)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's ok... I considered the source.
Its like going to the grocery store and finding things you like. Then you go back again and it gone. Then you ask about the product and they say its seasonal. ( That happened to me at a Sams, I had been buying some crackers, (low carbs) I had been buying for about 6 months)
I hate that! It's like you find a show you actually like on TV... and next thing you know canceled.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why isn't there any differently hued dragon or nightmare in EC? Instead of thinking of what to nerf, ask about the bugs and issues like this being totally ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why isn't there any differently hued dragon or nightmare in EC? Instead of thinking of what to nerf, ask about the bugs and issues like this being totally ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My take on it... Lazy programming.... Period... they know full well there are several colors of Nightmares as well as varieties of Hair... it's part of what made UO so awesome and amazing... Yet when they created the EC they got LAZY... Knowing full well there are TWO colors of dragon... all they had to do was make two dragons and skin them with different colors... but.... despite this they just made one.. don't know if they thought we wouldn't notice or if they just didn't care... but IMO its just plain lazy... Either that or the one making them was too stupid to check that there is infact more than one color of dragon... most likely though is it was a "corner cutting" decision made by the Producer at the time... to save time in preparing the EC for release...

At any rate this should have been rectified ages ago when we first complained about it... Back at the beginning when the EC was released... but it was deemed a non-issue... and like everything else in the EC was put on the "back burner"....