• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client (to do list)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, since I've been unable to play the EC, I've been enlarging my playscreen area and thus have to then move all my spell icons. I reactivated four accounts and have six/seven skilled characters on each one. For my mains there's a ton of icons for each character.

Why the heck can't the devs at least put in lockable and snap-to icons in this client? I've seen it done.
I'm not talking about Hot bars. I just mean the ability to join, stack and move as a group, and to lock in place all our spell and active skill icons. Moving every single icon one at a time is driving me nuts. Then of course they never line up perfectly and they never stay where I put them.

My wish.

1. Lockable, joinable, snap-to spell & skill icons.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok, since I've been unable to play the EC, I've been enlarging my playscreen area and thus have to then move all my spell icons. I reactivated four accounts and have six/seven skilled characters on each one. For my mains there's a ton of icons for each character.

Why the heck can't the devs at least put in lockable and snap-to icons in this client? I've seen it done.
I'm not talking about Hot bars. I just mean the ability to join, stack and move as a group, and to lock in place all our spell and active skill icons. Moving every single icon one at a time is driving me nuts. Then of course they never line up perfectly and they never stay where I put them.

My wish.

1. Lockable, joinable, snap-to spell & skill icons.
YES! honestly sometimes I just log in and my spells are gone again, then log back out. It seems like a simple idea.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Be care what you wish for...

While of course a great and welcome qol improvment, these devs are notorious for screwing up just about everything - particularly changes made to UI and graphics/artwork.

If they touch this, expect there to be oversized, awkward pixelated buttons featuring artwork seemingly designed a child.

Expect these to sit on top of an incredibly poorly designed hotbar that looks like it was meant another game.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Omelet, we've had Classic Client Bad Design from day one.
"Oops I lost my spell icon when I was going to walk north" ...
Yeah. The right mouse button should be used ONLY for walking/running/ facing / moving in that direction. Dismissing a spell icon should be a shift-right-button or something like that.
Bad design from the get-go, and subsequently not fixed by any designer.
@Kyronix please fix this omelet.

Losing life bars. While you have been fighting Krampus, you had the life bars of friends and pets up.
You lose them as people and pets die.
Here's a big improvement over that: If the person/pet can be resurrected, don't lose the life bar. @Kyronix please fix this omelet.

Similarly, if a person or pet or you walks out of range, the names on the life bars change -- and they don't change back when those things come back in range. This is a longstanding bug. How does this exist? Why does this exist? @Misk please test and @Bleak please fix this omelet.

==
Not that talking about this is going to do any good. The design of the Jewelry Box is a pretty good indicator that the current dev team doesn't give a hoot about the classic client. Beating dead horse: I can't organize my jewelry box because I can't put something back into the box where it came from.
Pancake that omelet.