• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Classic Client crashes: BEX error?

Donal Mor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The classic client just is not stable for me. Not sure why. The enhanced client works fine but I would prefer to play on the classic client. Some things just work better in the CC still.

Nothing special happens other than the CC just stops working and closes giving me this:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: client.exe
Application Version: 7.0.28.0
Application Timestamp: 50995e03
Fault Module Name: client.exe
Fault Module Version: 7.0.28.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50995e03
Exception Offset: 001e99aa
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: dc03
Additional Information 2: dc03da99bf26ad28ff7e87521b228df3
Additional Information 3: f09f
Additional Information 4: f09fcaa4925e49917d6c4a3187b79523

Not sure what the problem really is. System is Win 7 x64. CPU and RAM are high end. Graphics: Nvidia 480GTX x2. I do have anti-virus in the background, Symantec Endpoint. Turning it off is not an option if anyone thinks that is the problem. No other games or programs does this. It is purely the Classic Client here.

The UO install is new. Even the OS is recently installed about a month ago. Windows is fully updated.

Thx.

Donal Mor

Last edited:

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's still happening, try the solution mentioned here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-message/cf5baf73-0877-4070-abfb-a2c3a17a9e10

Specifically this part:

Code:
right click on my computer
go to properties
click on advanced system settings
under performance, click settings
click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
click Add, browse to the executable file for the program and add it.