• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Clarify pls this: PREPATCH ITEMS - BUGGED ITEMS, big difference tbh

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this time we would like to ask all players to page in if they have a “bugged” quivers. If you page in yourself, our GMs are able to fix these. The GMs do ask for your patience as the fix may take some time. Please be advised that if another player pages in on you for having a “bugged” quiver, your account may be subject to punitive actions.
I pvp since 12 years so ok I explain all which one was the BUGGED quiver:

it could carry like 5000 arrows or bolts instead of 500...big advantage so you were always having tons of ammos :)...and it was created with a bug with the vendors....

ok?

So are we talking about BUGGED quivers or about....PREPATCH QUIVER? ie prepatch...? not bugged just VERY OLD? cuz it 's a non sense , so every PREPATCH ITEMS gonna make you ban at this point?

Examples:

Prepatch taskmaster (higher base dmg), it had 60 mils price when it was rare ----> it has been fixed to same dmg of new taskmasters
Prepatch talon bite (higher dmg) it had 30 mils price when it was rare---> it has been fixed
Prepatch GOLEM it has 30-40 mils price (it doesn't take dmg from poison weapons, so it's v comfortable to train melee with) ---> not fixed yet, will it make you BAN? lol?
Prepatch QUIVER it has 40-50 mils price( it makes 3-5 dmg more on moving shots ) ---> v old , just fix them?

so explain me pls:

did you talk about the LEGITTIMATE ITEM PREPATCH QUIVER? or about the BUGGED ONE WITH 5000 ARROWS/BOLTS???

Cuz if prepatch items are illegal then ...lol....all pre aos items are etc pre patch golem is , let's ban everybody for using prepatch items? you should clarify these important notices pls

Till now UO worked like this :

"BUGGED" --> created with a bug --> illegal
"PREPATCH"--> be4 the patch --> not illegal

Explain me pls if we changed something after 12 years, I don't understand anymore.

Thank you.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um ... I'm pretty sure 5000 arrows/bolts is just plain bugged.
ok m8, so they referred correctly to the bugged quiver and not about the PREPATCH One (ie old , be4 the patch...)

Cuz I can't understand , many ppl when dying report just cuz u got a prepatch perfectly legittimate item... they should clarify a bit this point

S

Stratic Fanatic

I have a bunch of the old wildfire bows.....19-22 dmg instead of the 12-16 they have now.

I think bugged is refering the vendor exploited quivers.

Prepatch has no valid grounds to be deemed illegal. Its not the players fault if a patch didnt change their items.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, it's not the player's fault if the patch didn't change their items.

However, using those items to get an unfair advantage over other players is an entirely different story. Hence the "page yourself before someone pages you" stance.

S

Stratic Fanatic

I think someone with a prepatch golem has an unfair advantage training vs. someone who doesnt have one.

Should they have action taken against their account?

EDIT:Nevermind. OP wants to know bugged from prepatch. Until a DEV states what that is we dont know exactly. So getting into a discussion on that would be null and void.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a bunch of the old wildfire bows.....19-22 dmg instead of the 12-16 they have now.

I think bugged is refering the vendor exploited quivers.

Prepatch has no valid grounds to be deemed illegal. Its not the players fault if a patch didnt change their items.
The use of game mechanics to keep a nerf from taking effect on a global sweep of items is illegal. You dont see any prepatch taskmasters anymore do you? Bugged is bugged.

G

gjohnson5

ok m8, so they referred correctly to the bugged quiver and not about the PREPATCH One (ie old , be4 the patch...)

Cuz I can't understand , many ppl when dying report just cuz u got a prepatch perfectly legittimate item... they should clarify a bit this point
From what I understand there are 2 separate issues
Prepatch Quiver of rage with 10% Direct Damage
Prepatch Quiver of Chaos which has 50% weight reduction and lets you hold thousands of arrows...

I don't really see how the quiver of chaos is an issue
The direct damage I can see being an issue

S

Stratic Fanatic

Prepatch Quiver of Chaos which has 50% weight reduction and lets you hold thousands of arrows...
Is this something they nerfed? I wasnt even aware. Just checked mine and its still 50%. I guess I was exploiting game mechanics by keeping it in my bankbox. *grins w/sarcasm*

But seriously,
Even with 50% weight reduction it holds less arrows than a vendor exploited quiver. Bugged usually refers to something a player does to make it so.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, so you're saying there are multiple types of broken quivers out there?

ok, that seems like a fair question to clarify then - which one(s) are defined as bugged?

G

gjohnson5

Is this something they nerfed? I wasnt even aware. Just checked mine and its still 50%. I guess I was exploiting game mechanics by keeping it in my bankbox. *grins w/sarcasm*

But seriously,
Even with 50% weight reduction it holds less arrows than a vendor exploited quiver. Bugged usually refers to something a player does to make it so.
I'll check mine.
I guess quiver of Chaos = Quiver of the Elements (100% chaos damage and 50% weight reduction. I think the bugged ones actually say "items 1/400 stones")
But this one holds more then 500 arrows

Quiver of Rage actually exhibited BOTH issues. It holds more then 500 arrows and has the direct damage. And yes these will also say items 1/400 stones etc...)

But no , I don't think there is anything a player can do to modify the quiver. Some are just "exaggerating" the issue IMHO.... Certain items just are still in "prepatch" state such as some wildfire bows. I dunno how it was missed...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read my edit. :)

And its not using game mechanics to do anything if the items simply doesnt change.
Anytime an item in game is fixed, and yours is not...it referred to as a game mechanics issue. Whether that mean as little as shutting down the account to avoid losing the items or using an exploit to create the item...game mechanics are involved.

Again...this item should not exist in this state...period.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, so you're saying there are multiple types of broken quivers out there?

ok, that seems like a fair question to clarify then - which one(s) are defined as bugged?
Any quiver that is bugged or should not exist in game. In this case 400 stone quivers or the un-patched quiver of rage. (I refuse to call this prepatch , all items of its type were suppose to be changed...key word being *all*)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anytime an item in game is fixed, and yours is not...it referred to as a game mechanics issue. Whether that mean as little as shutting down the account to avoid losing the items or using an exploit to create the item...game mechanics are involved.

Again...this item should not exist in this state...period.
That is the definitive answer to most of what the OP asked about.

The part that needs to be addressed is the golem. There is no way (or so they keep telling us) to retroactively change all pets, so the "pre-patch" pets (i.e. unicorns that eat meat, white wyrms that do different damage, nightmares with higher resists, golems with 100% poison resist, etc) will always be allowed until they make a massive code-overhaul and can change that.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the definitive answer to most of what the OP asked about.

The part that needs to be addressed is the golem. There is no way (or so they keep telling us) to retroactively change all pets, so the "pre-patch" pets (i.e. unicorns that eat meat, white wyrms that do different damage, nightmares with higher resists, golems with 100% poison resist, etc) will always be allowed until they make a massive code-overhaul and can change that.
A prepatch golem is useless outside of training. Useless goes for old wyrms, unis, w/e the pet may be. (they don't give a player any sort of advantage)They are considered to be a part of the legitimate history of the game.

Retroactive changes are meant as a means to redefine the very identity of the item. So possessing an item unaffected by the change is no more legal than having unpatched vinecord sandles.

Pets are one thing...items that SHOULDN'T exist in their former state is another...that is if the items effected were done so retroactively.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyway we all agree about this :

BUGGED--> created with a bug ( quivers of 400 stones example)--> illegal

PREPATCH --> be4 the patch--> legal (like old taskmaster, talon bite...)--> legal

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anyway we all agree about this :

BUGGED--> created with a bug ( quivers of 400 stones example)--> illegal

PREPATCH --> be4 the patch--> legal (like old taskmaster, talon bite...)--> legal
In general I would agree, but I'm not sure this is also the correct interpretation for the Quiver of Rage.

In the case of the Quiver of Rage, the publish that changed its stats was supposed to retroactively affrect also all existing quivers, and in fact most of the existing quivers did change to the new stats as far as I know.
Some of the old quivers, however, did not change to the new stats due to some bug in the conversion process.
Hence they also classify as BUGGED in my eyes...

Anyway it doesn't matter what you or I or anybody else thinks about the issue. The only thing that matters is what EA's GMs think about the issue. If I were you, I would not walk around sporting a pre-patch Quiver of Rage until EA clarifies this issue further. Especially on Felucca where people can be quick to page a GM on you just out of frustration after you kill them...

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EXACTLY, I went in JAIL twice last WEEK...ok?

GMS told me SORRY FOR THE INCOVENIENCE 4 times...and they put me back where I was. They indeed AGREED the fact the quiver wasn't BUGGED , just PREPATCH... and the bugged quiver was the one with 4000 arrows inside.... ie created with an exploit by players.

so I want to know pls, did we change something now? PREPATCH items are bannable? or we talking about the REAL bugged quiver? (ie made with an exploit---> no 500 arrows but 4000 + ?)

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kiss of Death, could you just clarify (for those of us interested in this discussion but who don't know all the fine details) what the stats are on the quiver(s) you are calling "pre-patch"?

Are you talking about both types gjohnson5 mentioned above, just one of them or something else?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The PrePatch Taskmaster that sells for tens of millions is the early spawned ones that are immune to disarm. Did they fix that or not? Few that have them aren't talking. Not like you can see the difference.

As far as the axes and bows DI fix all mine got the fix........even the ones earned the first days. The question is how the ones around prepatched got protected. Shut down account stasis time or floating in a shard transfer. Any account reactivated should have every beetle/bankbox/backpack swept by a GM to aviod theese rebirth of items and the loaded val hammer/gold accounts.

The quiver thing ya they need to come out and describe and say "BAD!". For us hard headed types pictures help.

E

eolsunder

Well I personally can't believe they can't make a simple line of code to check the quivers of infinity or what ever to see if they are not the basic ones, and if they aren't, replace them with a regular one. I mean come on! Thats what you have PROGRAMMERS for.

its an IF-THEM-ELSE statement.. jeesh. Why even worry about banning accounts or anything, have someone with a brain write a few lines of code to check all the quivers and change them to normal ones if they are the player-adjusted type.

Nothing would make me quit faster than jumping on once in a while to use my archer to shoot some monsters, and suddenly be banned because my quiver can hold 5000 arrows instead of 500. So what! now i just put 500 in the quiver and 4500 in my backpack.. NOT a big deal.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kiss of Death, could you just clarify (for those of us interested in this discussion but who don't know all the fine details) what the stats are on the quiver(s) you are calling "pre-patch"?

Are you talking about both types gjohnson5 mentioned above, just one of them or something else?
it's the prepatch quiver of rage ... like the old mods:

phys dmg 40%
cold dmg 50%
dmg inc 10 %

it's simply as it was some months ago, indeed prepatch :)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's the prepatch quiver of rage ... like the old mods:

phys dmg 40%
cold dmg 50%
dmg inc 10 %

it's simply as it was some months ago, indeed prepatch :)
To clarify your clarification...prepatch refers to an item that is not affected by a patch...IE: items that are grandfathered into play as the patch is NOT retroactive. In this case, these items were supposed to be fixed retroactively, making them an exploited item...not a prepatched item.

Edit: you use this item correct?

F

Fox (Europa)

EXACTLY, I went in JAIL twice last WEEK...ok?

GMS told me SORRY FOR THE INCOVENIENCE 4 times...and they put me back where I was. They indeed AGREED the fact the quiver wasn't BUGGED , just PREPATCH... and the bugged quiver was the one with 4000 arrows inside.... ie created with an exploit by players.

so I want to know pls, did we change something now? PREPATCH items are bannable? or we talking about the REAL bugged quiver? (ie made with an exploit---> no 500 arrows but 4000 + ?)
The difference is that this week if someone pages on you for using this you could get banned.

I mean, its pretty obvious if EA patched these quivers because of a problem with them and you happen to have one still because it was in a transfer crate or whatever then its a bugged item and EA are now going to clamp down on it.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUGGED means created with a bug . You 're mistaking the adjectives tbh

My quiver is simply PREPATCH , like it was talon bites or taskmasters with higher dmg , they should fix them with another patch. Till then buy them for 50 mils.

It's a perfectly legal item.

BUgged quiver is the one with 4000 stones, created with an exploit. Simple facts.

F

Fox (Europa)

BUGGED means created with a bug . You 're mistaking the adjectives tbh

My quiver is simply PREPATCH , like it was talon bites or taskmasters with higher dmg , they should fix them with another patch. Till then buy them for 50 mils.

It's a perfectly legal item.

BUgged quiver is the one with 4000 stones, created with an exploit. Simple facts.
Nope, you are wrong. There is a difference between those items and bugged quivers of rage. Those items had their properties adjusted for new items, the old ones stayed in the game. With this quiver all of them, new and old, were supposed to have been adjusted. Its because of a bug that some were missed.

Due to all your other self-confessed cheating you can expect to get paged on every time you play a character wearing that quiver.

maremmano

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
an answer before beeing BANNED would be really appreciated!
just clarify us wich kind of bugged quivers ur talking about.. it is not the right way to allert us we will get a BAN if u dont clarify us what is the ILLEGAL quiver

thnks

ps: prepatch items never been involved in Bans.. like prepatch talon bites , golems, taskmaster we had only to wait a fix or let the item to be as it was before.. let say a guy dont read english and doesnt know if his prepatch item is illegal.. this guy wont be ever be banned for using an item he didnt intentionally changed.. bugged items are item modified intentionally by players with an exploit. and prepatch quivers are not that kind ofr sure

F

Fox (Europa)

ps: prepatch items never been involved in Bans.. like prepatch talon bites , golems, taskmaster we had only to wait a fix or let the item to be as it was before.. let say a guy dont read english and doesnt know if his prepatch item is illegal.. this guy wont be ever be banned for using an item he didnt intentionally changed.. bugged items are item modified intentionally by players with an exploit. and prepatch quivers are not that kind ofr sure
Did you read my explanation above? Those other items had their properties changed just for new items, the old ones stayed in the game and weren't changed. With the quiver of rage they all (old and new) were changed; its due to a bug that a few didn't. How much more obvious does it have to be that if you have a quiver of rage with the old properties then it is bugged, not pre-patch, and so you can be paged on for using one?

maremmano

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is dued to a bug but not from a player exploit..

creating a different kind of quiver thnk to some bugs is intentional using a prepatched item is not intentional.. that's a big difference imo.. i repeat, and hope u will und cause i dont speak english so well, people like me that has some difficulties about understanding the item they are talking about need a clarification about that item.. i mean if u say bugged items i really dont know wich kind of quiver ur talking about.. i need to know exactly the mods on it .. und?
thnks

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much more obvious does it have to be that if you have a quiver of rage with the old properties then it is bugged, not pre-patch, and so you can be paged on for using one?
It might be obvious for hardcore archers. Personnally I never really used an archer for PvP, so I never really paid attention to those preptach items. Thing is I looked in my packrat chests and found some old Quivers of rage en wildfire bows.

Without even being aware of the problem I could have build a Doom archer template, grabbed these items and be paged on. I can agree that most PvP archers would be aware that they have a prepatch item, but i disagree on banning those wearing them for the above mentionned reasons.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fox anyway the QUESTION was solved YESTERDAY:

a GM took in jail somebody on my ventrilo for the quiver:

he had quiver of rage and the GM said it's not ILLEGAL , and he put back the guy where he was, saying sorry for the incovenience.

Instead last week a friend of mine went in jail:

he had quiver of infinity that could hold 4000 arrows, he didn't even know that he had it like that , and he got a warning .

Question is solved.

Quiver of rage isn't bugged, lol Fox you should learn mecanics. It 's the quiver as it was PREPATCH , you need to learn A B C of game mecanics :(

P.s. guys don't even bother reading FOX'S posts, he plays on europa and he hates us cuz we killed his guild over and over , now they just do tram stuff and they would say opposite things to facts even when the truth is clear to everybody.

C

Connor_Graham

How much more obvious does it have to be that if you have a quiver of rage with the old properties then it is bugged, not pre-patch, and so you can be paged on for using one?
None at all. They're not illegal. Page all you want, but all the GM is going to do is tell stories about you to the other GM's over donuts and coffee.

T

The Home Guild

I pvp since 12 years so ok I explain all which one was the BUGGED quiver:

it could carry like 5000 arrows or bolts instead of 500...big advantage so you were always having tons of ammos :)...and it was created with a bug with the vendors....

ok?

So are we talking about BUGGED quivers or about....PREPATCH QUIVER? ie prepatch...? not bugged just VERY OLD? cuz it 's a non sense , so every PREPATCH ITEMS gonna make you ban at this point?

Examples:

Prepatch taskmaster (higher base dmg), it had 60 mils price when it was rare ----> it has been fixed to same dmg of new taskmasters
Prepatch talon bite (higher dmg) it had 30 mils price when it was rare---> it has been fixed
Prepatch GOLEM it has 30-40 mils price (it doesn't take dmg from poison weapons, so it's v comfortable to train melee with) ---> not fixed yet, will it make you BAN? lol?
Prepatch QUIVER it has 40-50 mils price( it makes 3-5 dmg more on moving shots ) ---> v old , just fix them?

so explain me pls:

did you talk about the LEGITTIMATE ITEM PREPATCH QUIVER? or about the BUGGED ONE WITH 5000 ARROWS/BOLTS???

Cuz if prepatch items are illegal then ...lol....all pre aos items are etc pre patch golem is , let's ban everybody for using prepatch items? you should clarify these important notices pls

Till now UO worked like this :

"BUGGED" --> created with a bug --> illegal
"PREPATCH"--> be4 the patch --> not illegal

Explain me pls if we changed something after 12 years, I don't understand anymore.

Thank you.
It is a bug that anyone can do ..of course we're not allowed to discuss this issue..but really simple in which i don't agree with the ban..gm's are banning people with this quivers and there has been no postings in uo.com that people will get banned and our lovely Dev's has known bout this issue there has been countless threads made on these boards and yet the issue[yet again is easy to make] they haven't fixed it and people are getting banned buying these from peoples vendors that create them.

Dev's need to fix or put a posting on uo.com to beware you'll be banned if caught wearing/using one of these quivers until it's resolved.