• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City Loyalty

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I read some but am still confused. I would like to have most of my chars belong to a city, not just for the buff but also for roll-play purposes. So, like if I join a city(tram or fel) and donate 200k iron ingots I automatically become knight. And you have to be knight to get the buff like +5 SSI? What are the other perks? Do I get a discount on venders? If I do, does it stack with Honesty?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
don't believe there is a discount for vendors.

you can vote for the governor of your city.
and if you wish to donate gold for the city to fund the buff, just click on the city herald
or you can purchase titles, by clicking on yourself, going to loyalty rating, then to city loyalty, then to citizenship titles
(funds for these titles go into the city treasuries)
the titles look awesome on the bone containers that are obtainable during the Halloween event each year...

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Oh, Ok, TY.

Um, do different shards have different stat bonuses for their cities or is that universal across all shards? Like for example I heard that Jelom has +5 SSI, but I was reading that on the Atlantic forum, is it different on my Shard(Legends). And do you have to be a knight of that city to get it, or just a citizen?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The governor of each city, on each shard, chooses the bonus. For example, Britain on Lake Austin is +5 SDI because the Governor is a spellcaster that already has all the other Spellcasting-related bonuses capped on her suit. Another shard's Britain might have a dexxer, and choose SSI, and so on.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Ah Ha! That's what I thought. I need to contact my shard to find out what they do in their cities. Thanks again Basara. :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is there any way to know what the city bonuses are by clicking on the post etc? Or its only by word of mouth in each shard?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Name of the bonus is stated on each post. You have to look at the list of bonuses online to see which is which, if you don't already know.