• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CITY LOYALTY - Listing of Town Trade Buffs and Active Governors

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hi -

Now that we have an election behind us, I wanted to create a thread that lists the various town buffs and bonuses on Atlantic:

VESPER: 5% Swing Speed Increase - (Governor is Shadowyke)

MOONGLOW: +1 Faster Casting - (Governor is Haste @Kreeak )

YEW: 5% Swing Speed Increase - (Governor is Kelly Kapowski )

TRINSIC: 5% Swing Speed Increase - (Governor is @UWF Lady Rain )

JHELOM: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus - (Governor is Craig)

BRITAIN: 5% Hit Chance Increase - (Governor is Hagrid )

NEW MAGINCIA: 5% Spell Damage Increase - (Governor is Merlin @Merlin )

MINOC: 5% Spell Damage Increase - (Governor is Wiglaf)

SKARA BRAE: +1 Faster Casting - (Governor is Tatiana Thorn )

Here is some additional information:
City Loyalty - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Updated December 23rd, 2023

Note: - This thread is for informational purposes only. This is not for debating about the concept of trade deals. Any such posts will be moved to their own respective thread.

Last edited:

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hello. The Yew buff is Assassins guild, 5% swing speed increase.

Last edited:

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi -

Now that we have an election behind us, I wanted to create a thread that lists the various town buffs and bonuses on Atlantic:

VESPER - 5% SSI
MOONGLOW - 10% SDI
YEW -
TRINSIC -
JHELOM - 5% SSI (Need confirmation)
BRITAIN -
NEW MAGINCIA - 10% SDI - (Need confirmation)
MINOC -

Updated January 18th, 2016.

Does anyone know the others that I currently have missing? I will edit the thread accordingly.

Also - I am creating this thread for informational purposes. I am not looking to have a debate about how town buffs affect the game and will ask any posts that gear in that direction be deleted.
new magincia offers sdi...

thanks for doing this merlin

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am a citizen of new magincia and I only get 5% SDI... Is it supposed to be 10%?

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Guild of Arcane Arts buff is actually 5% Spell damage increase, just a typo I believe. You are getting the correct amount.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. You need to be "respected" status I think. Check UOGuide for more info ;)
Is that a place to find information? I will have to take a look. I don't know anything about these governor elections.

It looks like swing speed is overpowered though if almost everyone picks that. Trying to pander to their constitutes!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So if I pledge my allegiance to one of these towns I get one of the listed bonuses?
Declare your citizenship for a town of choosing... find the trade minister (usually on the docks) and he will have a wooden crate next to him. Drop 4k ingots (or boards) into the crate. And at that point, you should have respected status.

After that, you have to go to the town stone, click it, and select 'utilize trade deal' and you will get the buff noted. It's good for 24 hours, and after that you will need to go back to the stone to select it again.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Declare your citizenship for a town of choosing... find the trade minister (usually on the docks) and he will have a wooden crate next to him. Drop 5k ingots into the crate. And at that point, you should have respected status.

After that, you have to go to the town stone, click it, and select 'utilize trade deal' and you will get the buff noted. It's good for 24 hours, and after that you will need to go back to the stone to select it again.

Hope that helps!
just to clarify, to choose a loyalty, it is via the context menu on ones character.... one chooses loyalty rating, and from there, city loyalty...... i went through a lot of trouble trying to figure that out (the info currently up on uoguide directs a person to the same context menu, but via the titles and rewards... which is not the way)

this thread, or at least the pertinent info on it re the cities and their buffs ought be stickied..................... we have a picture thread stickied; this one is more generally and immediately valuable to the atlantic shard than that one yet it floats free to fall and be lost (which is what happened to the last one)

Nyx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Minoc is 5% SDI and Erebus is my husband he doesn't use stratics but I am always available to answer any questions anyone may have :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is it possible for reds to get the town bonuses?
No - unfortunately, they only work for blues.

However, that is a topic for a different thread of discussion. Check UHall - as this was being discussed there just last week.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am now a citizen of Skara Brae for that sweet 1 Fast Casting bonus. I think a lot of people in our guild will be pledging too!

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just logged in to accept office, lost a friend this weekend so have been away this week. let me know if you need anything else.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just logged in to accept office, lost a friend this weekend so have been away this week. let me know if you need anything else.
Sorry to hear that. Just keep me posted if you change town buff. God bless.

Greetings An-vol-de lem Merlin,

I, Draxsom Pri-Lem am Governor de bet-tim Magincia. Ilem pos-tim keep the current Trade Deal trak rap.

Tú gar est welcome freely ante bet-tim Magincia. Tú an-vol-de Ones nes register at the Governors' house.

Draxsom Pri-Lem
Governor of New Magincia

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Are all of the Buffs listed in the 1st post still correct?
Thanks!
Sorry on the terribly late reply here, but to my knowledge... yes all of those buffs are up to date. If you believe this to be otherwise, please let me know so I can update accordingly.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE GOVERNORS!

I have updated the original post. If anyone has changed their buffs, or if I have any of the governors incorrectly listed, please post here or message me.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Updated to reflect the change at Vesper.

If any other governor's or town buffs need to be updated, please let me know.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No Maritime Guild buff. I'm sad :sad3:. Why so many cities have the same buff?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Most likely, you're not going to see someone pick up the HP Regeneration buff from the Maritime Guild on any towns. There are many other ways to get HP Regen from suit pieces to the Shrine buffs you can attain.

I do see your point though. I am guilty of myself keeping the SSI Bonus on Trinsic due to pressure from other Trinsic citizens who have had that buff for a longer amount of time. The only buffs that are typically used are the ones for Faster Casting, Swing Speed Increase, Spell Damage Increase and Hit Chance Increase. They're the most valuable for planning out a suit or particular template.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi
Don't know much about the system but wondering if it is possible for the governors to diversify the buffs? so that there is no repetition?
Or is there more internal politics associated with being a citizen of a certain city?

Nash

Sage
hello was wondering if this list can be updated and why there isnt more diversity would like to see the healing buff on one dont think there needs to be so much swing speed and casting buffs

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Britain will change to HCI next week. The trade deal can only be changed once a week. Some folks had asked for it to be SSI instead so it was changed. However, the ballot box placed on the stone clearly shows folks would prefer the HCI so as soon as it can be reset, it will be HCI.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Britain's trade buff is changed back to Warrior's Guild, HCI +5 on March 24, 2019. Thank you.

Grashopr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I know of one change in the December election. But can’t update all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I updated the listing. A few notes:

- For Britain, @Lady Lavendar won re-election, but stepped down in favor of one of her long-time election opponents, Abbie Gail.
- Moonglow and Yew have new governors.
- None of the Trade Buffs changed based on review of each City stone this morning (Jan 3 2021)

kaczka

Visitor
Greetings An-vol-de lem Merlin,
I, Draxsom Pri-Lem am Governor de bet-tim Magincia. Ilem pos-tim keep the current Trade Deal trak rap.
Tú gar est welcome freely ante bet-tim Magincia. Tú an-vol-de Ones nes register at the Governors' house.
Draxsom Pri-Lem
Governor of New Magincia

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have updated after most recent election cycle. This includes new Governors in Vesper, Yew, Jhelom and Moonglow. It looks like Minoc is pending (I am assuming no one ran). It does not appear any Town Buffs have changed at this time. If anyone knows the Stratics handles of any of the new governors, please let me know and I can add that.

If any of the Buffs change or if there is any information that appears incorrect, please drop me a message or post in this thread.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have updated after most recent election cycle. This includes new Governors in Vesper, Yew, Jhelom and Moonglow. It looks like Minoc is pending (I am assuming no one ran). It does not appear any Town Buffs have changed at this time. If anyone knows the Stratics handles of any of the new governors, please let me know and I can add that.

If any of the Buffs change or if there is any information that appears incorrect, please drop me a message or post in this thread.
Skara has the Governor listed as Vote Tatiana and the buff is now Society of Clothiers.

I missed the voting myself, wish there was more announcements on it.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can finally get all 70's on my suit with that sweeeeeet Skara Brae buff!!!! Thank you, new guvner!!!!

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a bit disappointed in our official UO team that nothing was done about this.

We have a small enough community now that everyone knows everyone (or close to it)

You have a player named Tatiana Thorn who constantly does nice things for random people in the game and has been the Governor of Skara on Atlantic.

Then you have a fake player named Vote for Tati run in and steal all her votes.

Thanks again, official UO team, for doing absolutely nothing. We can tell we are valued customers of yours and you care so much about us.

EDIT: It's called player impersonation.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm a bit disappointed in our official UO team that nothing was done about this.

We have a small enough community now that everyone knows everyone (or close to it)

You have a player named Tatiana Thorn who constantly does nice things for random people in the game and has been the Governor of Skara on Atlantic.

Then you have a fake player named Vote for Tati run in and steal all her votes.

Thanks again, official UO team, for doing absolutely nothing. We can tell we are valued customers of yours and you care so much about us.
How did she STEAL all of her votes? Did she hack UO and change every vote? Please let us know how she did this and why is it the UO Teams fault?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Reminder from original post that this thread is for informational purposes only and should be focused on what the current Town buffs are across Atlantic.

Any debates regarding the elections themselves or concept of City Loyalty should be taken to its own separate thread.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I updated some information from last night's results, specifically the election winners. I haven't confirmed yet if any of the Town buffs will be changing yet and I did not get the time to check Minoc's stone. I will complete the update by end of the week.