• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Citizenship Idea

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While reading over all the ideas in here, I had a thought.

What if by being a citizen of a city, you would get a special buff for skill training for free? That would give incentive to actually be a citizen of towns beyond just the Trade Buffs.

Ex.

Moonglow: +5% to training Magery(Or Inscription,etc)
Britain: +5% to training Bardic Skills
Jhelom: +5 to training Combat Skills

etc etc.

Thoughts?

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something similar was suggested back awhile ago. Many Governors like the idea of changing this system. So far modifications are targeted at building community, trying to get more folks involved in contributing. Many thought having the stones give an additional buff related to the city for training might help that too. Much of this is up in the air.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training buffs don't actually encourage city loyalty though, they encourage city hopping. No offense but I would rather see them spend time on other things like the library of event places then get caught up in adding something like this that doesn't seem to fit the overall goal of the system.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can be fixed by denying citizenship changes except for once per term

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Denying the ability to change loyalty aside from a small span once every six months isn't an acceptable option.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because the more limits that get imposed, the less people will want to engage the system. For example, consider how poorly the 1 vote per shard rule was received.

While I personally think changing city loyalty just for a buff is sleazy, its better that the system is open. A skill gain buff might be nice, but I think those should remain in New Haven.

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I see the point about the city hopping, on the skill buff thing, but I would not hop my Mage from a evaluating intelligence buff city such as moonglow to say a City that was offering a buff in gaining Mining like Minoc. I would be more inclined to have each of my characters be citizens of a city based on their primary skill set.