• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Government Citizen of Minoc

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So there I am, finally logging in for the first time in months. I'm motivated, ready to play a little again. I spend some time tweaking a template or two and then I gate on over to my town and what do you know..... NO TRADE DEAL. So, unless the FC trade deal comes back around in Minoc I either have to wait a week to switch towns OR... I can just say screw it because somehow my town canceled its trade deal.

*Throws arms up in air in disgust*

*Grabs nearby goblet of wine and throws in air*

"Vas Flam" *Casts to incinerate the goblet*

The goblet crashes to the floor as the fireball was not cast in time.... FASTER CASTING PLEASE

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The trade deal was not renewed as no one was using it (at least as far as I know since this is the first time I am reading about it)
It also costs 2 million gold each week and not everyone in Minoc benefits from it.

But if you or anyone else would like it put back on, I will meet you in game and set it up in exchange for 2 million gold.
Your gold will then be deposited into the city treasury, so this is not a shakedown, more like a user fee.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The trade deal was not renewed as no one was using it (at least as far as I know since this is the first time I am reading about it)
It also costs 2 million gold each week and not everyone in Minoc benefits from it.

But if you or anyone else would like it put back on, I will meet you in game and set it up in exchange for 2 million gold.
Your gold will then be deposited into the city treasury, so this is not a shakedown, more like a user fee.

people's governor? wow. you might want to reflect on your leadership.

ok, i'll be leaving minoc then. I guess the hundreds and hundreds of trade missions i have done for the city mean nothing. no worries. oh, and the minoc treasury has over 140 million in it.... funds aren't dried up. but then, i care not at all anymore as it is no longer my town.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No worries home girl. Run for a different town next election !

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

To charge a loyal and dedicated citizen of our town 2 million gold for a trade deal is preposterous! Especially with our reserves at their current levels, thanks to my administration, and more so this citizen's hard work on HUNDREDs of trade routes! The commerce and taxes this loyal citizen brought into Minoc shall not be overlooked or forgotten. You, sir, are a disgrace; and will be removed from office over actions such as this! The Treasury is to be spent on the citizens, to better their lives.

I, thankfully, have the pleasure of having the correct amount of faster casting on my suits. So, I will not be leaving for another town.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I and many of the citizens of Minoc rode many of miles to the capitol in Britain for tonights Governor meeting. I'm appalled that our Governor KNOWING much backlash would be coming from his withholding of trade deals, would skip a council meeting, and lie to the great King Blackthorn. You sir, are a disgrace to the governorship and need to be removed. The citizens are starting a petition to hold a special election to get us citizens a governor of the people, for the people, immediately. The citizens demand representation, and we need it before the election.

The treasury is at 252 million golden coins. So that is 126 weeks of possible trade deals already paid for. Obviously we do not want to spend all of our golden coins without replenishment, but there is no reason we are being denied a trade deal!

As I walk away from the bank all I can hear is the chanting of the crowd.... "Shame. Shame. Shame. Naitch must go! "

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame shame shame!!!

*walks awkwardly out of deceit*
*recall*

Shame shame shame!!!!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Interesting response from our Governor yet again... Last time I checked our ballots were private. The election committee was supposed to protect the voters identity so dictators such as Naitch couldn't punish those who didn't vote for him. I guess this terrible man and horrible governor also put personal spies to watch who we voted for. The more and more I discover of this man, makes me wonder if he was the guy behind the bathsalt invasion last summer. Maybe this is why the governor of Vesper is ill? Poisoned our southern neighbors?

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Last time I checked our ballots were private. The election committee was supposed to protect the voters identity so dictators such as Naitch couldn't punish those who didn't vote for him.
Being that I was the only name on the stone... How did you cast your ballot?
Or should I say, thank you for your vote ?