• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chrissay..another pub and still no fix for blue bards...

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why has this exploit not been fixed? Blue bards discording and direct peacing another's blue pet in GZ. When I do it on my red bard, I am guard wacked. This is a debuff from a blue onto another blue. That is not kosher in the Fel ruleset. Can we please get an explanation as to why this has not been addressed?

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why has this exploit not been fixed? Blue bards discording and direct peacing another's blue pet in GZ. When I do it on my red bard, I am guard wacked. This is a debuff from a blue onto another blue. That is not kosher in the Fel ruleset. Can we please get an explanation as to why this has not been addressed?

Its not a perfect system but as it stands there isnt a whole lot else one can do against a 800 plus hp pet. My advice to you is dont stand in the guardzone zone looking for cheap kills with your pet. Id be all for not being able to discord your pet in a guard zone as long as it was possible to provoke a pet onto its owner. The bard should be the natural anti tamer and there should be better options available to the bard but there currently are not. Discording a players pet in guards is not an exploit. Its simply what is available to bards. Crying on these forums calling things exploits that are not even close to being an exploit because you dont want an anti to your template is misleading. Its not like youve listed any possible alternatives to discord. You simply want the words "all kill" to be a guarantee that your opponent die all from the safety of the guard zone.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why has this exploit not been fixed?
It's not an exploit first of all. And the only people pancakes about this are a bunch of blue gate hugging tamers.

Get out of the guardzone and learn to PvP on a template that requires more than 3 macros.

Problem solved.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get out of the guardzone and learn to PvP on a template that requires more than 3 macros.

Problem solved.

But then all the reds would kill his char...it's much easier to come post on the boards demanding that blue bards should basically get flagged and guard whacked for peacing and/or discording his pets.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to put a bot at yew gate discording all pet ID types in a HPR suit.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop Picking On Bards They sadly in need of buffing not nerfing!!!

Let provoke work against players with pets i for one would like to see them dragons turn around and bite there masters. Disco vs a dragon in guard zone seems like it gives some people a fair fight rather then just have the Trammie revenge words of power apear and ghost ya "All Kill".

T

Turdnugget

Why has this exploit not been fixed? Blue bards discording and direct peacing another's blue pet in GZ. When I do it on my red bard, I am guard wacked.
Interesting...
It's not an exploit first of all. And the only people pancakes about this are a bunch of blue gate hugging tamers.
Interesting that a blue can do this and not get guardwhacked, yet a red bard does... when they're doing the exact same thing. So Colter, I don't see how he's a blue gate hugging tamer pancakes about this when the person said when they do it on their RED bard...

T

Turdnugget

My tamer is no longer a blue gate hugger... i'm an orange tamer :lick:

That tamer is only brought out in certain situations... enjoying my other tamer for spawning a lot more and the change I made to my dexer... my archer/tamer is only brought out to gimp the gimps :gun:

D

DarkScripture

All discord should be considered agro. Bard need buffs more than nerfs for sure. You play that loud ass music too loud causing discord near my house and you might just tote an ass-whopp'n. So.... I agree. Pets are WAY over powered, so you will not get love from PvP-ers here, when crying that your super got took down a notch. Your issue does stand though about the blues barding other blues.
There should be a magic pulse each time a Public gate is used in Fel. Forcing every person away from the guard zone. This would solve the gate hugging.

Then we could sort all this out..

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better idea:
Just make the discorder flag to the tamer.

Currently it is not an exploit.

No it's just only the guard zone huggers who are complaining. And even if they weren't in the guard zone that still wouldn't stop the discorder.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure even a month has passed since the last thread about this subject.

How about you send in feedback forms and ask the devs directly why they haven't changed bards? While you're at it, ask why they haven't changed or detailed changes they plan for tamers.

Wenchy

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet this issue still remains. There are quite a few folks who simply want an answer to this exploit. It can be classed as such because when I do it, I get guard wacked, yet when a blue does it...they do not.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using your analogy, if I'm a blue sitting in guard zone and I heal a red I get guard whacked, but I can heal a blue and won't, so please while your at it fix this exploit so that blues can't heal other blues.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet this issue still remains. There are quite a few folks who simply want an answer to this exploit. It can be classed as such because when I do it, I get guard wacked, yet when a blue does it...they do not.
It is not an exploit just because you want bards to flag for discoing pets. How many tamers disco their own pets to train them? That's not illegal. Using peace to break up a fight isn't illegal either. Yet both are supposedly "exploits" if you listen to folks like yourself.

Disco bards only affects pets belonging to a small group of PvP tamers. The devs have said that tamers need to be balanced. It's logical to first balance tamers and then decide about bards. After all, if a PvPer didn't feel the need to disco a pet in order to kill it, why would they swap to their bard char? They'd just kill the pet with the toon they were using. So it's logical that if tamers were balanced better there would be fewer bards in Fel. And at that point the devs could make a fair decision on what to do about those bards. Not jump the gun and make a knee-jerk change that once again favours tamers.

Wenchy

A

archite666

Fix taming in pvp first, then we will care about those blues who can freely disco in guardzone, but until that day, Id consider that a grand service they perform.

Put away the dragon and pick up a weapon, quit letting the game pvp FOR you.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I have to use a pet and stay in guard zone to PVP because.....

I can't hold a weapon, so all I can do is talk mad smack and yell "all kill" and "guards".

T

Turdnugget

quit letting the game pvp FOR you.
And what about all of the other 3rd parties out there that pretty much PvP for you? Can we get a nerf on those? Maybe people wouldn't feel the need to use a tamer then because they could actually stay up to speed with these kinda people.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what about all of the other 3rd parties out there that pretty much PvP for you? Can we get a nerf on those? Maybe people wouldn't feel the need to use a tamer then because they could actually stay up to speed with these kinda people.
You don't know how closely you nailed it...

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what about all of the other 3rd parties out there that pretty much PvP for you? Can we get a nerf on those?
IMO cheating should be #1 on the fix list.

Until all these cheating piles of crud are removed from the game, everything else is a giant waste of time.

Unfortunately, EA apparently doesn't mind letting UO be known as a cheat filled game. As long as they collect their $$ every month.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using your analogy, if I'm a blue sitting in guard zone and I heal a red I get guard whacked, but I can heal a blue and won't, so please while your at it fix this exploit so that blues can't heal other blues.
Wow...We can't believe you actually thought that was an intelligent analogy. We all had a good laugh on your behalf, so it is all good. Healing..same as a debuff? We are all amazed... simply astounded. Please enlighten us with more of your fine wisdom. We are all a twitter in anticipation of your incredible cranial process :twak:

If the Devs want to leave this in, then let my red bard disco anyones pets in GZ and I will be quite happy. After all..it is the same as healing..right? And a red can heal a blue in GZ..right?? Fair is fair..right??? :thumbdown:

/sarcasm

Still awaiting word from our esteemed EA/Mythic Community person...nothing to say Chrissay??

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The blue bard issue?? We are quite disappointed but still eagerly await a response from you.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is such a big issue for you, why don't you buy some stock in EA, go to their stockholders meeting and demand that this issue be fixed. Your about the only person that really has a huge problem with it, and you already brought the issue up less then 3 weeks ago and yet your back demanding it be fixed or they come and post answers. Get over it, there are bigger problems in UO than some blue sitting in guardzone peacing and dicording your blue pet as you sit in guard zone. What a crybaby.

A

archite666

No we are not all waiting for a responce...

Were all waiting for taming to be nerfed so your dragon at yew gate wont even be there in the first place...

Not that I pvp at yew gate, on Siege things tend to happen at luna gate heh.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not an exploit just because you want bards to flag for discoing pets. How many tamers disco their own pets to train them? That's not illegal. Using peace to break up a fight isn't illegal either. Yet both are supposedly "exploits" if you listen to folks like yourself.

Wenchy

I don't think the comparison between Disco and provoke is valid, as disco acts lik a super curse spell.

The problem is not the guard zone as it usually happens in Yew gate. And Yew gate fights are not a good model of PvP (GZ'ers vs house fighters).

I am convinced that Disco should flag the discorder. Most of the times when my tamer was confronted with blue discorders it was at champ spawn altars (despise, Oaks,..). One of the many blues there begins to disco all pets and what defense do you have? Nothing. Someone acts negatively towards you and the only way to defend should be to take a murder count? There comes an other problem : you do not even know who is discording as there is not even a message like "you notice XYZ discording ....".

O

Old Man of UO

This whole business about attacking (aka PVP) from inside a GZ with a pet or anything else is an exploit of the game mechanics. THAT should be fixed first.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think the comparison between Disco and provoke is valid, as disco acts lik a super curse spell.
I'm not sure where you read provoke in my post. I run several bard characters and 7 tamers, so I do know what disco does. The point I was making was that both disco and peace are used on pets for positive reasons, not always as a criminal act.

The problem is not the guard zone as it usually happens in Yew gate. And Yew gate fights are not a good model of PvP (GZ'ers vs house fighters).

I am convinced that Disco should flag the discorder. Most of the times when my tamer was confronted with blue discorders it was at champ spawn altars (despise, Oaks,..). One of the many blues there begins to disco all pets and what defense do you have? Nothing. Someone acts negatively towards you and the only way to defend should be to take a murder count? There comes an other problem : you do not even know who is discording as there is not even a message like "you notice XYZ discording ....".
Well, I'm convinced that tamers should be balanced first and then let's see how much of a "problem" bards are when tamers fixed. And again, there are far worse issues in Fel than bards discoing a few pets.

Y'know, I've tentatively supported flagging bards in the past. It never sat easily with me to do so, but as my bard tends to kill pets after discoing them, she's hardly concerned about flagging a second or two earlier ;) But I guess I've just read one too many "flag bards" threads. To me, there's a clear line of thought that says 'none of these tamers seem in the least bit concerned about anyone but themselves. So why should bards roll over and take a nerf for them?'. If anyone has said "what if it causes problems for tamer bards in Tram?" the general attitude comes across as "so what?" And heaven forbid anybody suggests fixing tamers first. I'm afraid you guys are your own worst enemy. Short of all transferring to one shard and grouping up, I think you'll have an uphill struggle getting the nerf that you want.

Wenchy

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you'll have an uphill struggle getting the nerf that you want.

Wenchy

This is not a nerf, as it does not affect the bards skills in any possible form. It is resolving a mistake in the code. Either all bards get to debuff pets in GZ or none do.

Fix this issue! I want to be able to discord and peace blue pets in GZ with my red. Blues can "curse" a dragon in zone, why should I not be able to do the same? It is obviously not a criminal action.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or perhaps EA deliberately flag it differently because your bard is red. For example, field spells won't flag a blue if they drop them around blues. If a red does it however, that's different. It may have been set up so reds flag to add a penalty for being red. It possibly is broken for red bards, but you need to ask the devs to check before jumping to conclusions.

Have you asked through feedback why reds flag when blues don't?

Wenchy