• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry without Healing/Anatomy?

G

Greetings,

I am currently considering rebuilding a character who I previously had set up as a Mage with Swords, Tactics, and Chivalry - changing him into a melee character with Parrying and Bushido (and soulstoning my magery to another character). I found that when I was a mage, I was mostly dependant on my Close Wounds and Clense by Fire spells for healing, even when I was mostly fighting toe to toe (which is the reason I decided I wanted to make him a melee character; I was wanting to use my melee abilities and used my magery mostly for energy vortex/earth elemental when fighting higher level monsters).

What I was wondering is, would I be effective if I relied completely on Chivalry for healing, with high mana (90 Intellegence, +8 when I get the Stormgrips) and focus (I have meditation, but I want to be able to use items like Jackals Collar, so I considered that it would probably work just as well when I get the Rune Beetle Carapace and a few mage-type items)? I also am going to sqweeze 110 Resisting Spells in once I figure out a good template (100 Resisting Spells, +10 Resist Spells and added Defence Chance Increase w/ Aegis of Grace).

My plan for this character is mainly for PvM, although I would also like to be effective in PvP, even if it is not the most powerful template out there.

G

A few words of advice....
you better make sure you are 4/6 casting....

you definately want heavy hitting weapons like ornates, with high life and mana leech. ( which means you need high DEX,,,ie 125 min)

Always honor your oponent because that regens stam, mana, and health to 100% with each kill.

I don't think you need 90 intell...but you want it as high as you can get.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also consider potions as a supplement. And, consider the effects of opponents spells - strangle is the biggest problem of going without healing, from where it interrupts your attempts to heal.

I went 3 years using just chivalry, until I got my current jewelry set - getting 58 points in chiv, swords and tactics freed up enough points in my template to add 85 or 90 healing, when that occurred, and also allowed me to lower int for some more dex.

5% Luck

If this is a PvM char I1d sugest droping healing and ant for peace/music. Works great and still have the room for budhido orlumberjacking! Some of the very higher ups(paragons) just cant be done but its to me the fastest dragon/Bally killer i can find that can hunt in a luck suit!(30s resist)