• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry Success Chances

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know the actual formulas used to calculate spell chance success based on a player's karma and skill level. I've tried to find a success chance generator but to no avail. The reason behind this is because I'm trying to fit Chivalry onto a template that may not have max karma at all times and only needs a few of the lower level spells.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can find the information on Chivalry in the Paladin FAQ in the Warrior Forum. It lists the minimum skill to cast the spell and the skill needed to cast it 100%, next to each spell description. Since there is only a 50 point difference between the min and max for each spell.

Karma does not have an influence on the sucessful casting of a spell, only your Chivalry skill. Karma does influence the effectiveness of the speel though. Higher karma will increase duration of effects (Enemy of One, Consecrate, Divine Fury), success of dispel and cure, and magnitude of heals. I don't know its effect (if any) on Holy Light.

Stayin Alive,

BG

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah thnx, that helps. So I suppose you just divide whatever the skill is between that range to find the success chance? Like if the minimum is 15 and the maximum is 60 then for 40 skill it would be around a 50% chance? Assuming it is 100% of casting the spell at 60.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah thnx, that helps. So I suppose you just divide whatever the skill is between that range to find the success chance? Like if the minimum is 15 and the maximum is 60 then for 40 skill it would be around a 50% chance? Assuming it is 100% of casting the spell at 60.
The maximum skill leves listed are solid numbers. I have never seen a failed attempt at those values (and I have a few characters locked at various skill levels, mostly 65 for Sacred Journey).

If the spell has a minimum skill of 15, then its maxumim success would be at 65 not 60 (min+50=100% success). Every 1.0% of skill (past minimum) should equate to an increase in success of 2%. So if you are at 40 skill, you should have a 50% chance to cast that spell. The assumption that is made is that there is a 0% chance to succeed at the minimum required skill.

You can use this fourmula to estimate your success at casting:
(PLAYER SKILL - MIN SKILL)x2 = %SUCCESS

Stayin Alive,

BG