• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Chivalry or Anatomy

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know which would cause more damage?

120 Chiv
100 Ana

or

100 Chiv
120 Ana

Assuming EoO and CW of course.

Trying to decide which one to raise on my wammy thrower.

Its on Siege, so don't factor equipment into your comparison.

Thanks!

C

Cyric_SP

Single target I believe chiv does more dmg since EoO focuses on the lowest resist of whatever you are fighting, where anat is a standard dmg to everything.

If you have room, you can always toss anat on, even if its only 60 or so, it's still dmg.

BTW, how is SP? I keep debating on going back since I returned to UO beginning of the year, but the few times I logged on and ran around I didn't see a single person.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies.

I will have both Chivalry and Anatomy, one will be at 120, the other will be at 100. Just need to decide which is which :)

As far as 4/6 casting, it is very doubtful I will have it. I might have some faster casting but probably very little fast cast recovery.

For clarification, the character will be using Chivalry for EoO, CW and Divine Fury. Maybe some Holy light at a spawn, but not for healing or any of the other spells, so FC / FCR is less important to me than DI and such.

The template is basically:
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
100 Necro
90 Healing
70 SS
100 or 120 Anatomy
100 or 120 Chivalry

The character will primarily be fighting peerless in wraith form, with occasionally swapping Throwing for Swords and going vamp form for spawning. Just can't decide to put the 20 points in anatomy or chiv considering the new damage changes to chiv.

Siege is what you make of it. The population is lower than probably any other shard, but if you get in with a good guild you will find plenty of action and stuff to do. Don't forget to talk in general chat, many people monitor that.

There is not much pvp or pk'ing going on, but there is enough to still make Siege the challenge it is meant to be.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone dig up our old damage calculation thread(s)? My understanding was that the uoguide damage calculation (Damage Calculations - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia) was more or less correct.

What we need to take away, though, is that tactics, anatomy, LJ, str all contribute as escalators to the damage. The damage increase from chivalry spells then counts towards the 300% DI cap. The 300% DI cap would also include DI from items and honor.

I'd recommend 120 Anatomy based on that. However, the best thing to do would be to go to TC and give it a try with both.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can hit the 300% damage increase modifier off a combination of item DI, EOO, and Slayer weapons. STR, tactics, and anatomy independently affect your damage output. So as long as you are at the 300% damage increase modifier then you are better off with higher anatomy and less Chivalry.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can hit the 300% damage increase modifier off a combination of item DI, EOO, and Slayer weapons.
item DI and EOO/Slayer damage bonus are different things. You can't add it.

Just try to go with 0 DI on items. Even with Single Slayer, EOO and Perfection you don't hit so much as with 100 DI

There are two caps:
100% for DI (items DI, DF, Berserk)
200% for Damage Bonus (Slayer, EoO, Perfection)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I should have clarified. You need 100 DI on items. EOO is a percentage increase based off your total DI. Slayers either double or triple your base DI. There is also perfection which can also act to double base DI. Each of these four are additive (but cannot exceed 300).

So 100 DI, and EOO at 84 Chiv plus a super slayer equals 300%.

So does 100 DI and a specific slayer.

I forgot to mention perfection but it can act as a double DI bonus. So 100 DI plus perfection and EOO at 84 or higher chiv hits 300% without using a single slayer.

I may not be explaining my understanding well, but I think we are all on the same page.

E

elspeth

Yes, I should have clarified. You need 100 DI on items. EOO is a percentage increase based off your total DI. Slayers either double or triple your base DI. There is also perfection which can also act to double base DI. Each of these four are additive (but cannot exceed 300).

So 100 DI, and EOO at 84 Chiv plus a super slayer equals 300%.

So does 100 DI and a specific slayer.

I forgot to mention perfection but it can act as a double DI bonus. So 100 DI plus perfection and EOO at 84 or higher chiv hits 300% without using a single slayer.

I may not be explaining my understanding well, but I think we are all on the same page.

So its a different cap? So if I only can get 80% DI on items then I can never reach the 300% cap?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't think you can hit 300% without 100 DI. But my opinion is largely based from when EOO gave a blanket 100 increase with 100 DI. Now that Chivalry skill factors into it more it may be possible to use EOO to offset a DI less than 100, but I don't know for sure. Sounds like a TC run is in order.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So its a different cap? So if I only can get 80% DI on items then I can never reach the 300% cap?
Yes, it's different cap.

You will reach the 300% damage cap (300% damage == 200% damage increase), but you damage will be lower because your "displayed damage" which is applied by 200% damage bonuses will be less.

There are other spells/abilities that can get you to 100% DI. For example, Divine Fury.

Z

Zero Day

Just to correct

Damage Increase has a 100 Cap (From Items) and a 300% total cap and is factored by your weapon damage.

Damage Modifier has a 300% Cap and works as a multiplier on your damage per hit. So 300% = 3x your Damage per hit.

Damage modifier is a multiplier of your per hit damage

Damage Increase is an addition to your base weapon damage.

If you have a weapon that does 20 damage. (Typically its a range 17-19 or something like that but for simplicity I'm using 20)

After factoring in strength, tactics, and anatomy bonus your base hit damage may be around 50. (not doing the actual calculation for that part)

If you have 50% damage increase on the weapon, and 30 on items and 20 from Divine Fury for a total of 100% Damage increase, your hit damage will now be 50 + (20 x (total item damage increase) = 50 + 20 = 70

So you will have a 70 Damage per hit rating.

Your total Damage per hit rating cannot exceed 4 times your base weapon damage. (so base damage per hit is limited to base damage + (tactics% + anatomy% + strength% + damage from items%) or base damage + 300% or 4x base damage.

Damage Modifiers such as slayers, enemy of one, and perfection function as multipliers to your damage per hit. Your total multipliers are capped at 3x .
So using a super class slayer gives you 100% Multiplier bonus or 2x your damage per hit, a directed single class slayer gives you 200% Multiplier Bonus or 3x damage per hit (CAP). Enemy of one gives you up to 84% Multiplier Bonus (at 120) or 1.84x damage per hit, close wounds gives 15% Multiplier Bonus ( @120) or 1.15x damage per hit, Perfection gives you 100% Multiplier Bonus ( at Max) or 2x damage per hit, Grapes of wrath 10% Multiplier Bonus or 1.1x.

So this would take your damage per hit from above and multiply it by the multiplier bonus up to 3x or 210 damage per hit.

So in order to do the maximum possible damage you have to max both your damage per hit, and your multiplier bonus.
So the max damage possible for any weapon is 12x weapon damage.

An equation
Damage Per Hit (DPH) = (100% + DI from items + DI from stats and skills) x Weapon Damage

Total Damage = ( 100% + Multiplier Bonus) x DPH

Hope that clarifies everything.
Or muddies the water completely!

(To achieve max damage you cannot use an increase in Multipliers to make up for not Maxing the DPH)

Shoey

Visitor
So say I run 80 chiv on a samp the EoO could be effective against a single enemy.or would it be wiser to run 80 anat which I understand to be skill/2 so that would be a 40% increase against all enemies?