• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chiv Ossein Ram

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I was so excited about the ridable news that I went to see where the rams live.

Hmmmm I thought.... time to become a stealth herder... was my plan... Only to be foiled by fickle people. Sigh

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
for the rams, i am just now playing with one. does adding chiv allow for AI off the bat? because i activated necro(only wasted 1 point) to get AI, and then chiv.

it isn't an amazing ram, so its fine if i broke it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for the rams, i am just now playing with one. does adding chiv allow for AI off the bat? because i activated necro(only wasted 1 point) to get AI, and then chiv.

it isn't an amazing ram, so its fine if i broke it.
I usually add Chiv first, let it train up to 120, then add AI. Otherwise the pet blows a lot of mana on AIs instead of Chiv abilities, which makes Chiv harder to train then.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I usually add Chiv first, let it train up to 120, then add AI. Otherwise the pet blows a lot of mana on AIs instead of Chiv abilities, which makes Chiv harder to train then.
Did you manage to make a fully trained chiv ram that has 20 5 30 regens?
I think the lack of HPR makes it quite weak even with consume damage.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you manage to make a fully trained chiv ram that has 20 5 30 regens?
I think the lack of HPR makes it quite weak even with consume damage.
No real need for HPR on them, since they heal by dealing damage, which makes SR more important on them. I've used my Chiv+AI Ossein Ram to solo discorded Night Terrors or Putrifier before, so not exactly weak.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
No real need for HPR on them, since they heal by dealing damage, which makes SR more important on them. I've used my Chiv+AI Ossein Ram to solo discorded Night Terrors or Putrifier before, so not exactly weak.
This is interesting. How long it takes to kill that crazy Terror ? I think I'll give it a try. Can you share your Ram build ?

Baal-Draco. *D*

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you leave them with battle defense, do you need to use any other ability or just leave em like they come? (Tanky Ram)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you leave them with battle defense, do you need to use any other ability or just leave em like they come? (Tanky Ram)
Have to tell it to Guard you to get Bodyguard to activate. It reduces damage to you and the Ram to 50%

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So I got a Tsuki wolf (easy to tame ) and gave it life leech. How to understand is it working at all ? Necromancy is not rising. Should it ? total setup is AI + LL + Chivalry.
Do I need to activate necromancy and then pick Chivalry?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know only one will work. But does pet need active Necro for leech to work and does leech amoun depends on Necro skill level ?
Will check it in several hours I think
Life Leech (Mana Cost 5)
Trains the creature in the Life Leech special ability, causing the creature to leech life from incoming damage.

Life leech is its own ability. You are just seeing what everyone but playerskill sees with life leech.

They also do not have necro to begin with. So you have to spend a point to make it active.

Tsuki wolves also do not have enough points for chivalry and a good build.

This thread was made as a reply to my pleas to make Rams have more building points. Some posters said they were fine. Some said they need more points.

I think the lack of them being used four years later is proof they need more points.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am getting Lord back on my tamers today.
Here is what a Para Balron does to a Ram pretty quick. Ram has 20 HPR I had to turn on consume to save it.
This toon has no Cus so I often use this pet to gain back fame.

1673125534215.png

I have never experienced Life Leech as a good ability.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ram vs Para Balron 2.PNG

Use Berserk. Once the Ram hits half health, Berserk will activate (that orange sparkle graphic) and the Ram suddenly dishes out more damage while taking less. While Berserk is active, the Paragon Balron basically can't bring the Ram below 40% Health, since the Ram will just heal right back up from dishing out damage. If i Disco the Paragon Balron too (which i didn't do for that fight), the Paragon Balron doesn't stand a chance in hell and gets torn apart.

Life Leech pets are basically the only pets that can make effective use of Berserk, due to Life Leech bypassing the healing mitigation of Berserk.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 139265

Use Berserk. Once the Ram hits half health, Berserk will activate (that orange sparkle graphic) and the Ram suddenly dishes out more damage while taking less. While Berserk is active, the Paragon Balron basically can't bring the Ram below 40% Health, since the Ram will just heal right back up from dishing out damage. If i Disco the Paragon Balron too (which i didn't do for that fight), the Paragon Balron doesn't stand a chance in hell and gets torn apart.

Life Leech pets are basically the only pets that can make effective use of Berserk, due to Life Leech bypassing the healing mitigation of Berserk.
I'm working on one now,pointless to add an AOE ability like poison breath or goo?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You will be unable to add AI then (if you want Life leech).
There are better pets for goo: Tsuki Wolf
Can have goo, AI, life leech and chivalry
But that is too many abilities. Will always be out of Mana and will never turn . them on in the right time.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
Life Leech triggers on melee hits, so it works with Armor Ignore. The area effect of Frenzied Whirlwind however isn't considered a typical melee hit though, so Life Leech doesn't trigger on the secondary damage. Your pet queus FWW and lands his melee hit on his main target, and that triggers an area effect which is guaranteed to deal damage based on Ninjitsu skill, requiring no Hit checks vs the secondary victims. It technically functions differently than the usual Whirlwind (which did pair with Life Leech). The actual Whirlwind ability (which is now unique to Bushido Magical) would trigger upon the pet hitting it's main target, and then trigger the usual Hit checks vs the surrounding enemies (WW can miss secondary targets, FWW can't).

One of the great things about the Chiv+AI Ossein Ram, is that they can actually make use of the Taming Mastery "Combat Training: Berserk". Normally, Berserk triggers while the pet is under half Health, and it'll ramp up the pet's damage resistance (against all elements, unlike Empowerment/Consume that only function against Physical) and damage output, but also greatly cripple any healing the pet receives. The pet will remain Berserk while under 50% Health and in combat, or until they die. If they exit combat while under 50% Health, they have to be healed above 50% before Berserk can trigger again. While Berserk, HPR is reduced by 90%, and Veterinary/Greater Heal/Cleansing Winds/Gift of Life/Close Wounds/Heal only heal a sliver of health. For most pets, Berserk just transforms them into a Kamikaze, they're eventually going to die, but they're gonna dish out some serious damage before then.

The only form of healing that seems to bypass this restriction for pets, is Life Leech. I've seen my 120 Chiv+AI Ossein Ram (Zeliek) deliver a 347 damage EoO AI (highest damage i've seen any pet deal in a single hit) to a Paragon Balron before while under Berserk, and simultaneously heal himself for 150+ Health. While under Berserk, a 120 Chiv+AI Ossein Ram becomes both incredibly lethal and tanky at the same time. They have to be able to reliably land hits though to keep themselves alive, so 120 Wrest is practically a must and foes with extremely high Wrest/Parry cause them problems. When combining a berserk 120 Chiv+AI Ossein Ram with a 4x120 Bard's "Inspire" (+22% HCI/+58% DI/+15% Damage Modifier) or an Archer's "Play the Odds" (+45% HCI/+30% SSI), they're incredibly nasty, a damn near "God Tier" pet then.
My Ram has hit a balron for 424 with berserk and he is still 113 chiv... can't wait until he hits 120 chiv to see what that looks like.