• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chiv mage + scribe template

• Thread starter imported_specane
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_specane

Can anyone help me make a chiv + scribe mage template? How much chivalry is needed to always cast remove curse?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

depends on karma. human joat 20 chiv can be enough. I'd say 120 mage/eval/wrestle/110 resist/gm med/gm scribe/50 chiv, but if you are going to be a dread lord or something, you will want maybe ~60 chiv i think.

N

Nerf-Herder

For 100% to cast, you need the minimum chiv to cast + 40. For casting remove curse, karma is only a factor if it is negative. If it is, you CAN'T cast it at all. You will have to farm karma.

Best bet (assuming you play a prodo shard) would be to take the standard field mage temp and drop med enough to bring up chiv to the "no fail point" for remove curse. Add MR gear to your suit to make up for it.

Other ideas...
I guess you could dump wrestle for the anat/eval thing, but you'll lose disarm and para as specials.

Could also find some AMAZING casting jewels (each with +15 chiv skill) and put your remaining 20 template points into chiv. Maybe run that lame Luna Lance Martie as a swap to bump it a bit more...

At any rate, don't get the idea that you'll run 4/6 casting as a Holy Mage and get those paladin spells to fire as quickly as your non-mage pals.

Not...going...to....happen....

I

imported_specane

Thx for the ideas but what do you mean by "anat/eval" thing?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

just go with mine, you'll need about 16 regens in your suit if you drop med to below 80.

I

imported_specane

<blockquote><hr>

just go with mine, you'll need about 16 regens in your suit if you drop med to below 80.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell do you get 16 mr in a decent suit?

T

Trukx

thought MR was capped lower than that now?

To the OP follow up question on how to get to 16 if that is still allowed:

Tunic - RBC - 3MR
Neck - POM - 3MR
legs,arms,glvoes - 2MR
Head - Crystal Glasses - 3MR
Ring - Crystalline - 3MR
broomstick - 3MR

Its doable.

Edited: If this link is correct, MR is not capped, just has diminishing returns. Unlike HR and SR that have a hard cap.

http://guide.uo.com/itemproperties_0.html

I

imported_specane

<blockquote><hr>

thought MR was capped lower than that now?

To the OP follow up question on how to get to 16 if that is still allowed:

Tunic - RBC - 3MR
Neck - POM - 3MR
legs,arms,glvoes - 2MR
Head - Crystal Glasses - 3MR
Ring - Crystalline - 3MR
broomstick - 3MR

Its doable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh ive been away a while, dont even know what half of those are so I think its time to build a new suit. I think ill drop the boomstick for a spellbook but using that suit is it possible to get 100lrc, 70 in all resists and 30+ lmc? If not what should i go for?

T

Trukx

Really depends on what you are going to do.

You need some really good runic crafted arms and legs for resists the rest (lrc/lmc/fc/fcr) is pretty simple, and you'll have some MR as well. A very basic easy to get started suit that wont cost you too much money:

Helm - Kasa of the Raja (80+ resists)
Neck - Pendant of Magi (30 LRC, 3MR, LMC 10, SDI 5, Intel +10)
Gloves - if you are elf - Stitchers Mittens (30LRC and 51 resists)
Chest - Rune beetle carapace (there are other options here, but RBC provides 3MR, +10 mana and 15 LMC.....lacks resists only like 38 total......heart of lion has decent resists and also provides DCI.....or better when you can afford it, a well player made tunic)
Tali - Totem of Void (10 LMC)
Arms/Legs - Need to be barbed runic kit made and high in fire and poison, energy and have some LRC......these can get costly, but those are the areas you need to focus.

For the casting portion - Chaos Vesper Shield provides 1/2 casting buffs and a basic scrappers compendium gives 1/1 plus 10 LMC and 25 SDI....so you are at 2/3 and now only need a 0/3 ring OR braclet to max out magery casting (1/2 and a 1/1 for max chiv casting). One of them needs a little bit of LRC.

With that very basic suit you'll be 100 LRC, 40LMC, 6MR (perhaps more depending on crafted gear), 42 SDI and probably 50+ in resists so long as you get a decent set of arms/legs, and thats without really factoring any additional bene's from your ring/braclet.....as you progress you can make/buy better arms/legs and begin to more properly tailor your suit to your play style (moving away from the PoM and RBC to high end crafted gear, scrappers w/ additional mods etc).

G

Using human form and getting the 20focus and 20med bonus only gives you 0.45mpps(mana points per second), with 100int this increases it to 0.7mpps, 1mr=0.1mpps, so even at 16mr you will just have 2.3mpps. If you had 16mr 80med 100int then you would have 2.75mpps regen. I prefer using 120med 120int with 7mr, this gives you 2.32mpps and makes your suit a hell of alot easier to add uber modifications.

T

Trukx

I made the assumption he would run w/ at least 100 med and have at least 100 intel (if not more), so average MR would be okay (5-8MR items).

I run as an elf w/ 120 med, 40 focus (20 from cry ring), 12MR (ring, glasses, rbc and pendant) and 192 mana which works well for mid level mobs and pvp regen dumping. Now that I spend a lot of time in doom/peerless i stoned off med and added 110 SS and run in wraith form; never out of mana now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I made the assumption he would run w/ at least 100 med and have at least 100 intel (if not more), so average MR would be okay (5-8MR items).

I run as an elf w/ 120 med, 40 focus (20 from cry ring), 12MR (ring, glasses, rbc and pendant) and 192 mana which works well for mid level mobs and pvp regen dumping. Now that I spend a lot of time in doom/peerless i stoned off med and added 110 SS and run in wraith form; never out of mana now.

[/ QUOTE ]
the layout you have there is strictly pvm, theres no way that would work for pvp

I

imported_specane

Well now that ive seen your posts i think my suit is still pretty usable, its roughly;
~70/70/70/70/70 40lmc 8mr 45dci 100lrc + some stat bonuses

suit is made up of
hom, aof, orny, ring with 0/3 some dci + lrc and legs/sleeves/gorget/gloves to fill the rest.

The only thing i think it lacks is enhance pots and maybe some mr and hpi, is this still the best way to make a suit?

I'll probably go with
Eval120
Mage 110
Melee 115
Rs 120
Medit 80
Scribe 100
Chival 55

If i get a 4 year account i can raise medit to 100, sound good?

T

Trukx

Its a great PVM starter suit.

I do group PvP w/ my guild, but not one:eek:ne w/ this char as a dexxer will just tear him apart since I have no parry/melee/anat defense mechanism.