• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chiv/AI Hiryu Vs Chiv/AI Cu Sidhe

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres been a lot of debate regarding this

What is your preference?

Do you have some other preference?

I have run a Bushido/AI Hiryu, a Bushido/Goo Hiryu and a Disco/AI cu sidhe. Thinking about building a chiv pet to try, but don't wanna burn scrolls and not be happy with it.

IMO Chiv/AI Cu is better than a Chiv/AI Hiryu but my favorite pet right now is a Mystic/AI Cu. EoO can get your pet in trouble fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO Chiv/AI Cu is better than a Chiv/AI Hiryu but my favorite pet right now is a Mystic/AI Cu. EoO can get your pet in trouble fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My concern with any of these options, is what the pet does when it's out of Mana. Does it spam small spells and never keep Mana to continue using armor ignore?

Anyone with experience with a mystic hiryu?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Donavon is writing a dissertation on the Chiv Lesser. Maybe he will share his notes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My concern with any of these options, is what the pet does when it's out of Mana. Does it spam small spells and never keep Mana to continue using armor ignore?

Theres one on LS that is a beast. Luckily many options are working for pets.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haven't done AI or Chiv on any pet yet. My Cu is Discord. My Hiryu is Goo/Bushido.
The goo Bushido hiryu is definitely a favorite of mine, but I made it a hiryu. Imade an armor ignore lesser hiryu and it came out way ahead in stats. Doesn't really matter tho, it just went into more hp lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The thing I do not like about the Chiv/AI Cu is their healing sucking up the mana and their spamming of Chiv spells like they do. Nothing like watching mana going towards Holy Light in a 1 on 1 boss fight instead of AI hitting. Even tried a straight AI Cu hoping that would force it into AI more often and no huge amount of gains there... moved along to trying a AI Naja. Stuck 600 mana on it and it hits AI a heck of a lot.. not to mention that pois immunity is nice as heck.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The thing I do not like about the Chiv/AI Cu is their healing sucking up the mana and their spamming of Chiv spells like they do. Nothing like watching mana going towards Holy Light in a 1 on 1 boss fight instead of AI hitting. Even tried a straight AI Cu hoping that would force it into AI more often and no huge amount of gains there... moved along to trying a AI Naja. Stuck 600 mana on it and it hits AI a heck of a lot.. not to mention that pois immunity is nice as heck.
What are you running on your naja besides ai?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all.. they changed the A.I. of high lvl chiv pets... I have a hiryu at all 120 ,say for chiv which is the most important factor... its only 106.5 right now .. so far the damage increase from just GM chiv to 105.5 was 5-8% on basic attacks and 13-17 on buffed armor ignore.. I will give ya a full write up on it once I hit 120 chiv .. ^_~

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman

As I mentioned in another thread - I love my mystic/AI Cu. I've not really noticed her run out of mana - it gets low but she seems to prioritize the right spells. In larger t-hunt fights against 6-8 baddies I'll send her in and she'll use an assortment of spells throughout the fight, including AoE's. I'm not sure its a pure damage pet, but for tanking/damage balance its definitely good imo. I think the best part is that 120 Focus works as Eval Int for Myst and doubles as HPR/MR. I have noticed that my Cu's AI doesn't seem to do that much more damage than the Cu's normal attacks? Perhaps this is due to a lot of monsters I fight having naturally lower cold/energy resists so when it uses AI it's only gaining a meager amount of damage over its auto attack. On Average I feel my cu does around 100 to most lvl 6 t-hunt guardians. Her AI usually does maybe 140-150? I noticed this with my fully trained blue beetle too while farming Miasma it'll hit for 90-100 and then AI for 130. o_O

For pure damage - and this was only on test - I thought the lesser hiryu with chiv/AI was amazing. It was hitting navrey for 250-300 with chiv buffs and AI. This was with only 60-70ish Chiv as well. If what Donovan is saying is true, Chiv may be a huge boost to dps with the draw back of what's been mentioned concerning EOO. I also noticed that chiv pets seem to waste a lot of mana on useless spells - like an AoE while fighting one monster. Holy Light is super weak (maybe a lot stronger at higher chiv??) for the amount of mana it costs imo.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also noticed that chiv pets seem to waste a lot of mana on useless spells - like an AoE while fighting one monster.
That's not just Chiv. My Bushido Hiryu routinely drops WWs when fighting one monster then promptly switches to AIs as soon as it's surrounded by 20 mobs.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Right now, nothing but AI. This is just a random 3 slotter I am playing around with until they fix the pet jumping level deal. I have a nice 2 slot in the stable bonding for when they fix that junk.

This one is hitting AI one out of every 4-5 hits that I can see... but it is also only at 88.2 Wrestle so I do not know how many AI's it is trying to hit but misses contact with. From the sounds it seems like it is missing about 1 more per 4-5 hits. So far I am liking how often the AI rolls with that being the only option it has.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
That's not just Chiv. My Bushido Hiryu routinely drops WWs when fighting one monster then promptly switches to AIs as soon as it's surrounded by 20 mobs.
I have noticed this too - but wasn't sure if it was based on skill level? I was thinking maybe since WW is the "entry level" attack for Bushido, that my lesser hiryu would use it mainly, at least until it got a higher skill level. I remember @Donavon mentioning he had pets that would spam lightning strike and that was a major reason he didn't feel a need for AI on a bush pet? Is this still the case @Donavon? Or has it changed and what skill level was your pet at for LS spam?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi.. I have noticed since they did the changes to chiv and dex on pets that the bush pets have been using lightening strike less... before at 120 bush they would do a lighten strike buff by grasp almost as much as Ai going off... seems the rate was nearly cut in half with the changes last week...This has hurt the single target damage of the goo spec hiryu's.. but they still do very good all around.. and the double single target hiryu's are still really high in single target, but the latest change causes pauses in them from time to time which causes a aoe spam on single target even at 120 now. but yes the higher the pet skill is the more is uses moves closer to its skill lvl.... The thing with the whirl wind attack is its part of the bush A.I. but its also outside of it as it uses the special move toggle .. so when there is a pause in the bush moves the system picks from that list.. so on goo Hiryu it will pic goo or whirl... on a single target AI or whirl...

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Finished up the "throw away" 3-5 Naja. Enough points left on it to throw on 120 Wrestle, Tact and Anat and this is what I have:

Throw away naja.jpg

Did take it to 24-33 damage as well. It is hitting AI about 45-50% of the time on Navery and Dragon Turtle bosses until the mana goes. Even with the 612 mana and nothing else draining it goes pretty quick on the long fights. AI only hitting for about 130-140 range though at gm level skills. May throw Chiv on it to see if it keeps hitting the same frequency of AI if you add Chiv afterwards.. a long shot but ya can't really mess up a throw away lol.

**edit**

Just set it loose on myself to see... thing pops for 30-34 range normal hits (full 70's) and hits AI for 24?? :confused::confused::confused:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finished up the "throw away" 3-5 Naja. Enough points left on it to throw on 120 Wrestle, Tact and Anat and this is what I have:

View attachment 67874

Did take it to 24-33 damage as well. It is hitting AI about 45-50% of the time on Navery and Dragon Turtle bosses until the mana goes. Even with the 612 mana and nothing else draining it goes pretty quick on the long fights. AI only hitting for about 130-140 range though at gm level skills. May throw Chiv on it to see if it keeps hitting the same frequency of AI if you add Chiv afterwards.. a long shot but ya can't really mess up a throw away lol.

**edit**

Just set it loose on myself to see... thing pops for 30-34 range normal hits (full 70's) and hits AI for 24?? :confused::confused::confused:
Fyi, naja cannot learn casting abilities if u we're gonna try that chiv

Good info here tho

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Fyi, naja cannot learn casting abilities if u we're gonna try that chiv

Good info here tho
Found that out the hard way.. lol. Was kinda ticked.. so was gonna maybe try Disco and nope.. then was gonna try conductive blast so I could ebolt along and nope.. *shrugs*

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon all.. I finshed the 120 chiv hiryu and as promised have posted my findings.... I didn't want to double post so ya will find it under the Changes and new stats heading in this section... thanks you for waiting.. =^-^=