• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chest of Heirlooms?

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello you fishing type people.

About 4 or 5 years ago, I aquired a "Chest of Heirlooms" which I THINK I got fishing but not 100% sure. It was locked and I couldn't open it. Tucked it away and forgot about it.

Found it today and thought it might make a nice trunk for the end of my bed. Then remembered I couldn't open it. Had a friend come by who picked the lock and nearly died in the explosion. Oops.

It has some items that don't seem that valueable to me:
Leather Ninja Mitts with all resists
Ring with some luck, resist, provication, dex
Studded Hiro Sode
Braclett with peacemaking
Tekagi with luck
Leather Ninja pants with all resists
Kama Orc slayer with a bunch of damage stats
Daisho with spell channelling, elemental slayer with a bunch of resists and damage
Ring with resist, intel bonus, and defense

Is this something valuable as a set with the chest? Otherwise, I'll either toss or sell the armor and weapons and enjoy the chest as a foot locker.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you HADN'T opened it, the chest is one of the Treasures of Tokuno minors that could have been traded (with nine other items) for a ToT major artifact. It's just a decorative container, once opened.

You got it as a loot drop from one of the three ToT events, not fishing (unless it dropped when you killed a serpent fishing in Tokuno back then).

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you HADN'T opened it, the chest is one of the Treasures of Tokuno minors that could have been traded (with nine other items) for a ToT major artifact. It's just a decorative container, once opened.

You got it as a loot drop from one of the three ToT events, not fishing (unless it dropped when you killed a serpent fishing in Tokuno back then).
I guess my curiosity cost me some gold. Oh well. Makes a nice foot locker. o_O

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A) thanks for the compliment. I love the Enhanced Client and how the paperdolls look. Sure spiffed up my character I've had for nearly 15 years and B) of course I'm cool. At least that's what my grandkids tell me!
;)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Taz. You do me too much credit. I'm a hermit who is obsessed with growing plants.
:lame:

T

Tazar

...and I have 11 houses with your plants all over them. :) (Though I did have to go to a few other growers along the way)

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Andra told me you had plants from me in your houses. So I guess there is some good that came from it (and will again hopefully). I'm just getting started on the growing again. Once I get a sufficient supply, I'll open up a plant vendor at my house. There will be runes to the house at the Luna Gallery on my vendor there.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A) thanks for the compliment. I love the Enhanced Client and how the paperdolls look. Sure spiffed up my character I've had for nearly 15 years and B) of course I'm cool. At least that's what my grandkids tell me!
;)
Now I'm intrigued by this.... Nearly 15 years? That in itself is intriguing enough - having started myself in the fall of '98 and lasting up until this very moment - I'm wondering what shard you began on? And, equally intriguing, is your "(B)" combined with your admission to being a parent to a parent.... And then there's your avatar and the comment about the EC and how much you liked the difference - that I can not make happen.... Makes me want to continue my investigation as to why I simply cannot run the EC on THIS system.... EA can't figure it out.

Sorry for that, it's just that everytime somebody mentions the EC - I go balistic.... NM... have a great night.
:eek:

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I'm intrigued by this.... Nearly 15 years? That in itself is intriguing enough - having started myself in the fall of '98 and lasting up until this very moment - I'm wondering what shard you began on? And, equally intriguing, is your "(B)" combined with your admission to being a parent to a parent.... And then there's your avatar and the comment about the EC and how much you liked the difference - that I can not make happen.... Makes me want to continue my investigation as to why I simply cannot run the EC on THIS system.... EA can't figure it out.

Sorry for that, it's just that everytime somebody mentions the EC - I go balistic.... NM... have a great night.
:eek:
I began my journey in this version of Britannia November 1997 on the Atlantic shard. I've come and gone over the years.

I don't think we're supposed to discuss our actual age on the forums but let's just say that my grandson is seriously into something called "Toontown". :)

I'm surprised that you can't run the EC on anything. I ran it on my old computer and didn't have any problems and I'm running it now on my 5 year-old machine and a laptop, both with no problems. I hope you get it figured out so you can see the difference. The only thing I use the old client for is loading vendors. Otherwise, all your stuff is in one pile to people using the old client.

Don't go balistic. That could be ugly.
:stretcher:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Startle's probably never bothered to check the EC forum to see all the settings to set to minimum/turn off to run on an older machine.

I've not done it recently, but about a year or so ago, to do a trade between accounts, I got the EC running fine on a P4 1400 with 512 GB RDRAM that I bought in August 2000 (only upgrades have been the memory, HDD, adding a 128 MB video card, and upgrading the ME to XP - and all those upgrades predated KR, let alone SA).

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I use the old client for is loading vendors. Otherwise, all your stuff is in one pile to people using the old client.
You can toggle "Legacy Containers" on and off in the EC client if you have Pinco's UI installed.