• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chessy's New Magincia Auction House Basic Info

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello Chessians and Visitors! After a little over 5 years of auctions, we have decided to advertise a little. This post is a basic run down of all things auction.

Location: We are located on Trammel's New Magincia. Auction Coordinates.png
Auction House.png

The Auction is held on the 3rd Floor. Walk up these steps to the 2nd floor. Auction Steps.png Once there step on the portal. Auction Portal.png (Please excuse the mess; it is owned by a goblin!)

Dates and Times: Auctions are held on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month. They begin at 9pm EST. Susan (the women in purple in the pics) or Zoogi (a walking booger) will be there an hour ahead to accept late submissions.

Submissions: In the past, we have accepted items up until the auction start time. A few were even let in during auction. Starting at the April 28th auction, no items will be taken for the current auction once it has started. If you are late, you can drop off your items in the 1st floor mailboxes for the next auction. As of this post original posting, we will still take items the hour before. If the listing go over well, we will ask all items be submitted in time to post. I will post here if that happens and the changes it will cause.

There is a limit of 5 lots person. Please place each lot in a separate bag along with a book containing your name, item name, and a starting bid. (If you wish, the price can be open to the floor.) If there are special instructions, please include those. (Such as PLEASE DON"T EAT MY PRIMER!)
We do not charge a fee to sell the items. What it sells for is what you get. Once the auction is over, Zoogi will add up the totals and I will pay out. Any unsold items will be returned at this time also. If you are not there at the end, I (Susan) will call out for you later in gen chat. I will be either at the auction house or on the Brit Spell Weaving Circle. Only the character whose name was written in the book will receive gold and unsold items.

Bidding: Auction Floor.png Most lots will be placed and locked down on the yellow tables. If it a lot has variety of items, it will be placed in the bone container that is behind the red dragon statue. You will be able to see but not remove the items. Lots in this category are done after the table lots. Stand by the bar with the green and red pitchers to see inside. The only real bidding amount rule is no phone numbers! (I'm looking at you 8.675309 mil Bidder!! lol) If this changes, notice will be given. Once you have successfully won a lot, please open a window with me to pay. You can come to the marble bar or just single click me from your stool and open trade window. Only Chessy gold is accepted at this time.

Future Changes: If in the future the rules change, you will be given ample notice and they will posted in this thread and added to this original post. I am looking into adding a lotto in the near future. Hopefully for the May auctions but with end of year school activities and out of state family coming to visit, I may not be ready til after real life settles down again.

Cancellations: Real life cannot be stopped and sometimes a cancellation or move to another date may be necessary. Notice will be given as far in advance as possible. Events like your mother - in law showing up for a visit at 5pm in the afternoon on auction day, may cause it to be cancelled abruptly. I apologize again and in advance for the future!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope to see you at the auction.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please let me know of anything that needs to be added to the above post. I have the auction list ready to type up and post but since it now a quarter to 4 in the morning; I will make that post once all kids are off to school.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Cancellations: Real life cannot be stopped and sometimes a cancellation or move to another date may be necessary. Notice will be given as far in advance as possible. Events like your mother - in law showing up for a visit at 5pm in the afternoon on auction day, may cause it to be cancelled abruptly.

this sounds like a "very Specific" example given Marge ...

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do you sleep?
I got 2 and a half hours! :gee: o.0

Cancellations: Real life cannot be stopped and sometimes a cancellation or move to another date may be necessary. Notice will be given as far in advance as possible. Events like your mother - in law showing up for a visit at 5pm in the afternoon on auction day, may cause it to be cancelled abruptly.

this sounds like a "very Specific" example given Marge ...
:thumbup: