• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chessy factions are DEAD :'(

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I mean seriously dead.

I was curious, being a new-ish (3 yrs) player and never really paying much attention to Factions before, so when the changes came out I thought I'd join. Well, my ninja is now in TB... but where is everyone else? All the sigils are owned by Minax. I don't have a clue how to get them back all by myself (if there were even a chance of it!) and I don't really want to stir up any trouble with my non-GM'd character.

On the stratics factions page for Chessy it seems like there is one tiny guild or maybe just a group of random people playing in TB... there's no leader, and it appears that no one is even eligible to be one! Everyone else is Minax or SL and even then it's one small guild each! I guess it's to be expected since Factions = Fel and Fel="evil", yadda yadda, but I'm still a little annoyed by this. I had hoped that chessy factions would at least have something going on once in a while... but this is absurd.

Does anyone else even PLAY chessy? And if so, are you involved in Factions? Why/Why not? Which faction? And do you think we'll ever get enough people to make it worthwhile?

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i play chesapeake, the X guild which im in all have characters in minax and we control the towns, the pwni guild have characters in shadow lords so they fight us sometimes and steal the sigils, u can only steal the sigils once every 3 days and then have to hold it in your base for 10 consecutive hours without it being taken in order for your faction to capture the town, once u own a town u can make people sheriff if you are the commanding lord to put guards, or make people finance minister to put faction vendors, and you build your faction town up with silver by setting the prices of town goods and such, its complicated but easy to get used to, but being in true brits by yourself i don't think u can get our sigils heh we have a good defense and people that will do something about it but good luck :)

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well obv. factions haven't been too alive for quite a while, Cardell, but I hadn't expected things to get so bad that one faction controlled everything while the other 3 were putting up almost no competition (and in TB, none at all apparently...). :p I guess I'd better start training and kick some people into shape for factions on my side then!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out the post of Faction 101. Tina posted alot of information on that one to help out.

T

TexasBlack

rolleyes: Well I don't think factions are dead really. I play on Siege and I can tell ya first hand they are active here. Minus the COM which is empty at the moment something about the city being missing and all time will fix that. Luna is a big battle ground for us right now. You might remember the A Day in the Life thread Jeremiah posted some time ago before the crash. That happened here and well there ya have it. As for whipping your shard into shape you can do it good luck.:shots: