• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Chesapeake PVP Thread!? Where Have You Been?!

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well figured since no one talks about Chessy's pvp anymore; I'd get it started!!

After quite a few general chat messages over the last 24 hours that a harrower was going to be popped between 9-10pm; a Harry was finally popped tonight around 9-930pm. It popped destard; and to our surprise (and 8 people) no one raided. A few scouts; but nothing nonetheless..

After the harrower; the Minax alliance said they were unaware at first; and they were getting grouped up as it dropped. Many others claimed we "lied" and "don't even want to fight". This annoyed me to the point that I popped another harry. This time INTENT on getting a fight. It popped @ lvl 2 deceit.

Being the silly guild we are; we fielded lvl 1's back hallway; making Minax think that the harry was behind us. After a few people from eachside were dropped; they realized it was on lvl 2; and we rushed down below. After some tussles and fights; UHOH was victorious. After this; Minax said they didn't have the numbers to compete; and wouldn't be coming back.

Now at this point; we decided that some of the newer guys and different callers needed some practice calling out and learning what to do with tents and such at a harrower. The rest of us sorta jus went AFK and/or started working deceit. After about an hour or so of unsuccessful tentacle killing; SL managed to sneak in on us unexpectingly and took out about 2/3rds of our troops. We ran out; and regrouped. We then rushed in; and took back the harrower. Finally; intent on finishing the harry; we killed it.

Good fights to all. Hope to see more. :thumbup1:

*high fives pvpers*

~Pics curtiousy of Blessed~

***Also; A bonus pic from the D*T/MVP first harrower a few days ago***
(I wasn't there for this one)

C

Chronic Apathy

With a total of maybe 5 Min (With me really it was 4.5) players we just didn't have the peeps to raid a much larger fortified group. The problem is when ya way out number everyone else there isn't a point.

After the first one was over things were so quiet I went to another shard and missed the second one.

Thanks for popping Harrys. Glad ya got a fight for the second one. I would of loved to come and die a few times.

V

Vortimer

There is always a point to at least try to fight.... even when outnumbered.

There has been many times when a much smaller group has taken out 2 or even 3 times their numbers. No greater feeling of accomplishment then to do that.

The key is teamwork and not all playing archers lol.

N

Nastia Cross

There is always a point to at least try to fight.... even when outnumbered.

There has been many times when a much smaller group has taken out 2 or even 3 times their numbers. No greater feeling of accomplishment then to do that.

The key is teamwork and not all playing archers lol.
I remember one time we raided a Harrower and it was only like 4-5 of us (this was like at least a year ago) and Nox was callin for us (southern drawl and all). The harry was in Wrong of all places and at first most of us didn't think we could do it (that hallway is a nightmare if you don't know what you're doing). But Nox wouldn't let us give up. We dropped in with demons and in wraith and dropped double our numbers THEN ran down to the lower level and killed the other people that were hitting the Harry. FUN TIMES.

Moral of this story is never give up. Its only gold and pts that you lose when you die. You gain more respect if you suit back up and try again. Sheesh how do you learn otherwise? Best fights I've had are the ones where we're fighting for hours on end regardless of stat or lack of potions. I've also learned the most from those fights.

L

longshanks

FY had 2 guys on. so ...

It is summer.

I thought uhoh guys were sorta pounding there chests needlessly as noone comes to fight because... noones on.

while were on this, isn't conner sl yet he plays with uhoh. if im wrong im sorry but looks like your o.k. allying with different factions to zerg

*shrugs*

i'm not trying to be a .... it was just an observation.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FY had 2 guys on. so ...

It is summer.

I thought uhoh guys were sorta pounding there chests needlessly as noone comes to fight because... noones on.

while were on this, isn't conner sl yet he plays with uhoh. if im wrong im sorry but looks like your o.k. allying with different factions to zerg

*shrugs*

Just to fix notify; that is a player in our guild. He doesnt have a chessy char; so he uses his bros account; which happens to be in SL. That's all that is.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really play actively atm, nor have I ever really played Chessy much....but LD is horrid. I'm just going to assume their alliance is horrible too.

This thread looked like it needed help in the pvp **** talk department, So I figured I'd step up.

Looks like a fun little fight though.

V

Vortimer

Wow Minax sure does roll deep. Doing Tera Keep with like 30+ plus people and almost get stomped by us with less than half your numbers. Thank SL for coming from behind and sammiching us.

Oh yaa any pics??

A

A Bad Player

FY had 2 guys on. so ...

It is summer.

*shrugs*

He's also OmniSlayer in one of the above pics aka tb.

A

A Bad Player

I don't really play actively atm, nor have I ever really played Chessy much....but LD is horrid. I'm just going to assume their alliance is horrible too.

This thread looked like it needed help in the pvp **** talk department, So I figured I'd step up.

Looks like a fun little fight though.
I don't remember your guild on Legends doing anything but sitting in a house until they had serious advantage. Hell, when Nystul and I first got there I think the two of us won about three spawns in a row against both you and X. Your entire guilds kept falling for the same silly tricks and just dropped over and over.

And yes, your guild sits in their house on Chessy as well. MY HOW THINGS CHANGE.

I

IRS

I don't remember your guild on Legends doing anything but sitting in a house until they had serious advantage. Hell, when Nystul and I first got there I think the two of us won about three spawns in a row against both you and X. Your entire guilds kept falling for the same silly tricks and just dropped over and over.

And yes, your guild sits in their house on Chessy as well. MY HOW THINGS CHANGE.
I dont remember when we had a gate house on legends to fight from.. As for chessy, memory fades me but when was the last time LD fighting somewhere that uhoh (sp?) wasnt? To be honest I havent seen LD anywhere when uhoh hasnt been holding their hand. So either my memory is that bad or your full of ****.

A

A Bad Player

I dont remember when we had a gate house on legends to fight from.. As for chessy, memory fades me but when was the last time LD fighting somewhere that uhoh (sp?) wasnt? To be honest I havent seen LD anywhere when uhoh hasnt been holding their hand. So either my memory is that bad or your full of ****.
Really? So when OF was allied to the X zerg you didn't have the house directly west of the gate you'd sit in? The answer is yes.

When you switched and allied with BNAF and the other minax guild you didn't sit in the other two houses a screen west of the gate? The answer is yes.

Now that OF is on Chessy, they basically chill in the house by west guards. I don't think there is anyone who would say they've made the slightest impact at any fight.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? So when OF was allied to the X zerg you didn't have the house directly west of the gate you'd sit in? The answer is yes.

When you switched and allied with BNAF and the other minax guild you didn't sit in the other two houses a screen west of the gate? The answer is yes.

Now that OF is on Chessy, they basically chill in the house by west guards. I don't think there is anyone who would say they've made the slightest impact at any fight.
Lets see...No ones ever seen me house hide, because I just don't do it. If the fights to much I'll just recall out, not fight from a house. DJ never house hides, and he'll voice his opinions about house hiding to anyone in the guild if he finds them doing it. Then you have Eris, who also never house hides due to the cheese factor it creates.

So, the three people kinda in charge of the guild who don't house hide...yet the guild does?

Also when !OF! was allied to ^X^ that was two years ago. Back before ^X^ had a ton of numbers. After about a three month alliance we dropped them like a two ton hooker.

Hopefully in two weeks real life slows down a little for me and I can log in to see this so called "house hiding". Don't worry though, we'll be sure to put LD back in their place once a few more of us core members log in again. Although, from what I've heard the active !OF! members are already spanking LD around on legends non stop...rolleyes: A few more of us might be over kill.

I wonder how long it will take for pug to disband LD again when we return...

I

IRS

No OF doesnt fight from houses Im sorry.. as for OF on chessy, all OF isnt on chessy, if we all were then we'd be flying that tag. Some of us have a char over here and do play yes. We really arent aiming to have an "impact" like LD has no "impact", more like a shard to log into pvp when we're bored. Definetly one of the more exciting shards. If we were all to make necro mages and set up wither grinders in all the choke points, Im sure you would consider that making an impact, but most of us see it as boring.

L

longshanks

ill pick this discussion up here, so we keep the pvp thread active.

dont you faction guys think the current situation a bit silly?

ur all allied up to try to zerg yet its not like fel locked down. jeez last nite she guild was getting it's despise grove on.

the other nite uhoh pops a harry and a global chat whine fest ensues about who's not coming cause u have too many people.

today fy were fighting in the keep and 3 diff faction guys roll in and attack us. no faction guy attacked each other :/

just seems a bit lame right now.

are u guys all *****s for the gear? seems so. also seems like noone wants to go into stat so if y'all don't run 12 deep u don't run :/

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
too respond, first off none of us care about the faction gear. Without factions there is nothing to fight over! all you blues are just like cockroaches u kill one they scatter regroup and come back. There is no declared winner because u have nothing to lose when u die.. u just find a res point and go back. In faction fights there is this thing called stat loss, once ur whole team is in it, the fight has been lost and there is a clear victor. Plus u can't hide in guards if u are orange. Although u can have opposing faction members call guards when u heal a red in guard zone lol :X that suxxxx. In terra it was two factions, SL and MIN. And the SL members are in MIN they just have archers in SL still for some reason. UHOH had the numbers advantage! They talked a lot of trash how this was there shard and no one can compete. Well its hard to compete with 5 against 10+ now on any given day one of us has a cuple more then the other but it is still basically even. Of course a bunch of them lately have been crying about the zerg when they initially were the zerg and laughed at us when we called zerg. a bit hypocritical if you ask me. FY has plenty of numbers when u all get active again and some pretty good pvpers, draken for one. So why dont u make it interesting and join Com. Then we would have four active factions if CIA would show up more often. U cant be afraid of stat loss that bad. Make it interesting :)

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is Stat loss,!! Blues used to be the way fights were, You either kill all of the enemies or you take the risk of them coming back. That was the good ol days, Mostly everyone joined factions because 1) So much easier to build a suit 2) Faction arties.. Duhhhh..... 3) Its always nice to get the feeling you can reduce someones skills by 33% I could go on and on and on, But you catch my gist Have a nice day!

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm arent u a lil young to know what it was like before factions came out? what were you like 7 when they first were introduced :p and yes it was a bunch of blue fights, but back then there was nothing to fight over.. it was primarily bucs den and just constant warfare with no real goal in mind.

L

longshanks

too respond, first off none of us care about the faction gear. Without factions there is nothing to fight over! all you blues are just like cockroaches u kill one they scatter regroup and come back. There is no declared winner because u have nothing to lose when u die.. u just find a res point and go back. In faction fights there is this thing called stat loss, once ur whole team is in it, the fight has been lost and there is a clear victor. Plus u can't hide in guards if u are orange. Although u can have opposing faction members call guards when u heal a red in guard zone lol :X that suxxxx. In terra it was two factions, SL and MIN. And the SL members are in MIN they just have archers in SL still for some reason. UHOH had the numbers advantage! They talked a lot of trash how this was there shard and no one can compete. Well its hard to compete with 5 against 10+ now on any given day one of us has a cuple more then the other but it is still basically even. Of course a bunch of them lately have been crying about the zerg when they initially were the zerg and laughed at us when we called zerg. a bit hypocritical if you ask me. FY has plenty of numbers when u all get active again and some pretty good pvpers, draken for one. So why dont u make it interesting and join Com. Then we would have four active factions if CIA would show up more often. U cant be afraid of stat loss that bad. Make it interesting :)
Well put. Summer's over and we should start picking up player wise. not many of us played in August. Took vacations and Saratoga was open.

I'll kick it around with the council and see what kind of interest exists. We do run with cia somewhat so maybe we beef there numbers. well put reply by the way.

L

longshanks

Whats the latest on chessy pvp. saw some new guys from sl last nite at cod and fought them there and than again at serps hold, one guy named turtle who was good and another two teflon don and rumpledieeasy who werent so goood.

also see this guy named pixsolatedtears who is beating the bejesus out of everyone.

i see 5 act house hiding at yew so new guild leader same guild i guess.

booger boy and his diminishing crew chained to guardzone.

oh and 999939393939393939 members in the Dt oath mvp crew.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats the latest on chessy pvp. saw some new guys from sl last nite at cod and fought them there and than again at serps hold, one guy named turtle who was good and another two teflon don and rumpledieeasy who werent so goood.

also see this guy named pixsolatedtears who is beating the bejesus out of everyone.

i see 5 act house hiding at yew so new guild leader same guild i guess.

booger boy and his diminishing crew chained to guardzone.

oh and 999939393939393939 members in the Dt oath mvp crew.
You got it right bud. No one seems to be on when we get our more than 4 people on after 9-10pm. And we generally don't fight at the gate unless everyone feels like dexxer/ninja fighting. And no one else except UHOH seems to post on these boards; so not much to say :p

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP has died off a bit everywhere it seems..

P.S. Deacon is overweight.

L

longshanks

glad you didn't float away lynk.

i follow the agricultural markets and noticed the flooding going on in your great state.

FY is working to be more active. Seems like we getting more of the regulars on now that summers done...

i missed the oaks fight last nite as i was watching jets/miami and yankee/bosox, drinking beers and chillin...

:thumbup1:

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think factions ruined a lot of pvp. Let me ask this, why is it that no one was ever rolling factions before the new arties were around? It was a broken system... well it is still broken... so I see no point to join it now. I know of only a few true faction players, ones who have rolled around orange for years. Stat loss sucks but why would you want to cut the fighting to just one round? Go into stat and then thats it... you win for 20 mins..I mean I play in stat loss most of the time anyways but from what i have seen few others do. Plus you can pull templates and suits off that shouldn't be possible, example of bushido ninja with a stick.

idk i like to fight non stop and it gets really old that I always have to fight 5+ people all the time, usually at the yew gate where the bloos/bloo ojs team up and gank what ever is red/grey. Yet 1 v 1 the guy runs away from me unless they are a tamer. I play almost all reds so i sure as hell am not hiding in guard zone. Nah i think anyone who is saying they arn't into faction for the arties is lying out their ass cause otherwise they would've been faction the entire time playing uo. I agree that some fights blow when you have to constantly put people down, but if you arn't there for the fight why are you there? It is just another way for people to be able to hang out in trammel and still be a "badass pvper". Faction also serves very little purpose in assisting a guild of young pvpers, and a few extra artifacts mean nothing to anyone who has gold. Stealing sigils means nothing as well as a colored horse. Pre artifact additions I doubt that 95% of the people playing faction would have ever joined it. Yet now because of the benefits of artifacts that are stronger then normal ones everyone has jumped onboard

The winner of a fight is based on determination, team work and leaving with the prize, as in scrolls/skull/ what ever the **** else u can fight for. You sonoma guys should know what i'm talking about, i've seen 3 or 4 waka clean out 10+ people in despise. I don't know what's going on now over there but there was a time that waka was the ****, I've seen it for myself, a handful of waka vs a bunch of whoever and the handful won threw determination, teamwork and well coordinated attacks, and most likely gimps.. lol (this was a few years ago when tactics was not needed for specials, and there was no need for med if the suit was good)

I'm not even playing right now but thats my thoughts on factions and why uo pvp is awesome but horrible at the same time.

But tell me im wrong :D i don't care I am playing diablo2 again awaiting diablo3 which will most likely kill this game for good. Shame too uo has an amazing mage system.

L

longshanks

take a look at the sonoma boards bro. waka it seems has run all the scam and cop guys off.

guess thats why they here in that abortion of an alliance.

L

longshanks

hi antsy,

well, that's good news.

FY's numbers remain off at the moment. The bulk of our main pvp group is really not active at the moment. Others are cracking out on the beta expansion.

We do check spawns regularly and will raid if we see you. If we get steamrolled so be it.

Usually it's Sadist being the main instigator of mayhem :thumbup1:

Lets have fun.

I

I C Y U LOVE S C A M

take a look at the sonoma boards bro. waka it seems has run all the scam and cop guys off.

guess thats why they here in that abortion of an alliance.
The reason scam left is because waka was not playing when we had numbers... Thanks for the chuckles though :☼)

L

longshanks

icm and myself came up on sonoma before we transferred all our chars to chessy. We still like to observe the sonoma shard from afar however and we still have some friends who play there.

just trying to keep this thread active as it seems only lox and myself post on it.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
icm and myself came up on sonoma before we transferred all our chars to chessy. We still like to observe the sonoma shard from afar however and we still have some friends who play there.

just trying to keep this thread active as it seems only lox and myself post on it.
I know :( Maybe nobody likes us!!

But as far as I seen; bubbles&cruz's guild split from the alliance; and everyone from that guild I havent seen on.

Theres a few random people from random shards in other factions; but not much. The MVP guys sit at the gate when they have 5+ on; and thats about it. We check spawns a lot; and not many people do em (Unless they do it when we aren't on) at allllll. MVP NEVER does spawns. They are pro-gate and anti-spawn I guess. :(

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I helped built a super gaming rig for one of the core members in scam (scam leader). And since he figured out he can play wow on max settings on direct x 10 with 2 monitors he deemed that playing UO is a waste of his PC/time so he took many scam members away to play wow (and then he made the vent a wow-oriented vent and many members lost their usernames).

When scam had a reasonable crew COP battle leaders quit UO, and the entire waka went hiding (and they are well known for playing stealth-doggie-run-the-****-away-after-I-dismount-you archers). COP isnt a functional guild without their battle leaders and wakas never ever fight unless they absolutely outnumber you.

And it's pretty ******** fighting wakas because they ALL are hiding/stealthing/smokebombers and they never fight you heads up as they know it will end up bad for them. I have countless screenshots owning each and every single waka members 1v1 post on sonoma forum, feel free and check them out.

COP went inactive after losing their battle leaders (they only got 3 people worth mentioning and they ALL played dismount all kill tamer archers).

Scam leader who is also the vent and automap owner quit to play wow and removed most none wow playing members. And many returning members lost their ways to keep in touch (and we dont share icqs unless absolutely needed to, vent is our main communication)

For almost 6 months when scam had close number to wakas about 2 scam to own 3 waka odds (waka has always been more zerggier than scam) waka went in hiding and played pure stealthers nearly exclusively. So we started sending characters all around the world.

I still like sonoma (because I started there and ping well) but if you've been to Luna there, you can barely find anything relatively useful (or they are priced insanely because no one else would bother), not just pvp the entire economy is dying. If you paid attention to sonoma forum, Slownoma is shard wide not just PvP and fel.

Oh and PvP actions dying out is world wide, believe it or not (if not it's 1 guild zergging it up), I've seem it all (other than asian servers) :(

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and PvP actions dying out is world wide, believe it or not (if not it's 1 guild zergging it up), I've seem it all (other than asian servers) :(
QFT.. never before now have I been able to solo chain spawns on GL which are otherwise scouted regularly.

L

longshanks

i thought it was just summer but maybe this game is losing numbers.

im traveling this week but last nite a guild mate told me 3 FY did 4 despises in a row at PRIME TIME before 6 MVP came in :/ - and no they didnt call anyone in cause they wanted the scrolls, not the fight.

Maybe I should stop caring so much about this game as I may lose it :/

L

longshanks

you know, i'm just thinking out loud here but if i look at the tram side, say take my vendor for instance business remains good. So from that stand point, I look at chessy and the players are there, just they not going through the red moongates. i've said it before. At the present time what is the allure to going to fel?

theres only 2 good power scrolls now that are worth north of 10 mln gold

a +25 stat is 7 mln.

All drops can be gotten farming the tram spawns, and the tram crowd thinks the harrower drops are ugly.

I know there is a duel arena concept being added soon, but there has to be a better way to bring people over to pvp.

the point is here that there are far more numerous and profitable ways to make gold in trammel at the moment and that just doesn't bode well for fel.

Maybe this is what the dev's want cause they figure it will limit the number of cheats run but from what i see the trammel player is not exactly a saint either.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i thought it was just summer but maybe this game is losing numbers.

im traveling this week but last nite a guild mate told me 3 FY did 4 despises in a row at PRIME TIME before 6 MVP came in :/ - and no they didnt call anyone in cause they wanted the scrolls, not the fight.

Maybe I should stop caring so much about this game as I may lose it :/
To show you how waka/cop went in hiding when we were active. We did 22 despise thru out the entire friday primetime on sonoma. We were doing it around 10 minutes max per spawn. The screenshot was picture of the week on stractics home page in case you didnt see it I can repost it just for you.

Waka and COP only tried to raid us once as they were fully aware of us chaining dsp and we were inviting people to come raid us on general chat none stop.

THAT's why people call it SLOWNOMA. Then we started to go over to all shards with PvP, and it was good for awhile, now PvP is so slow across the globe. :(

L

longshanks

war ultima,

i give you props man. thanks for giving me the lowdown on what u see on your end.

were not upto speed but if your on chessy and u start chaining despise give ashout out and if we got people on well come and give it our best effort. we may die for sure but its all in fun. only thing we ask is if someone on either side drops something i.e. item, suit etc that in the spirit of competiion its returned or at least a mature discussion ensues.

lox runs a solid crew and he adheres to this practice as do we.

anyway. i'm thinking that it would be good if the fel people from uo come together with a welll thought petition to the dev's we can get some changes that foster growth to pvp in this game. in the end this is what i believe we all strive for.

i know some of my best nites pvping in this game came when there are 30-40 guys running around fightning. insane and good times.

thanks for coming to chessy. hope we dont disappoint.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here note gold piles started to decay after about 10 spawn. We did NOT pick up a penny of them. And those are NOT 6 gold piles.

All names doesnt display the whole thing.

Anyways this is what happens with you do 20+ dsp while the entire shard is too scared to try to raid you. There were only 3 of us. Waka came in with 3 people ONCE and failed, and then COP came in with 4 people once and failed, and then Waka/COP teamed up one last try we had to switch from spawner to our PvPer (i played between a WW Sampire and a tamer mage). Zero spawn were lost. When WaCOP (waka and cop teams up a lot to fight us) came in with 7 people on our 3 we had to switch char and called in 1 addition guildie who just logged on. And wiped them and then they never showed up cept for some waka stealthers here and there.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a harry up on chessy a few days ago in Destard. It was TB vs SL vs Min

It was a lot of fun, although I do think the minax faction outnumbered SL and TB combined,lol. Needless to say there was a lot of kills to be had on all sides.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a harry up on chessy a few days ago in Destard. It was TB vs SL vs Min

It was a lot of fun, although I do think the minax faction outnumbered SL and TB combined,lol. Needless to say there was a lot of kills to be had on all sides.
Actually Minax got outnumbered by SL+TB but SL and TB was fighting each other at first and then never really pushed together so minax won.

It was fun tho.