• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake Mage Tournament!

Should Inscription be added to the dueling template?

• Yes! Allow Scribe!

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No! I don't feel like working it!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, with all the trash talking and unfair dueling that has happened on Chesapeake lately, I will be organizing a MAGE DUELING TOURNAMENT!

The requirements will be as follows:

Pure Mage Template:
Magery
Evaluating Intelligence
Meditation
Resisting Spells
Focus

(All duelers will be given a lantern so weapon skills are irrelevant)
These are the ONLY skills allowed to be used!
Poisoning, Inscription, Necromancy, and Spirit Speak are expressly prohibited!

Entrance Fee will be 5 Million Gold. Money will be collected prior to the beginning of the duels. Prizes will be determined based on the number of entrants. (Most likely 1st place will receive 50-100 million). Brackets will be posted the day before the event.

Planned date is Friday, June 5th @ 11pm. Place will be announced!

"Raiding" of this event by any guild will not be tolerated! Any guild that raids will have any/all members that are participating disqualified and entrance fee will not be reimbursed! This WILL be a respectful dueling tournament! Trash talking is allowed and encouraged, but unruly guilds will NOT be tolerated!

Please post in this thread if interested or ICQ @ 326459451

P.S. This tournament will take place in a dragon-free zone. =P

KIND OF FINAL LIST:
AZRIA (Character: ?)
GiveItATry (Character: ?)
Murm (Character: ?)
Blue Turtle (Character: ?)
Icewalker (Character: PhybeR OptiK)
Paris (Character: GRIMLOCK)
No One (Character: ?)
Junglist (Character: ?)
EnderSai (Character: ?)
Feith (Character: ?)

RESULTS:

N

Nastia Cross

10mil is kinda steep for beginners. Any thoughts about possibly having a lower bracket?

D

Dragonchilde

If I had ten million gold to throw around, I wouldn't need to win 50 million.

O

onthefifty

imho its supposed to be steep, hopefully to ward off any shenanigans.

here's hoping those who claim to be all that will show up and honor a fair spirit of competition. i'm not all that but would love to watch.

good luck. hope it goes well.

A

AZRIA

Suggestions :

1) Lower entrance fee. You will have a larger outcome.

2) Allow Inscribe, if not you will have duels that last hours due to high HP.

3) Sign me up.

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will consider lowering the entrance fee. The reason I was not allowing inscribe is because not all people have it worked up, so pure mage vs scribe mage would be at a disadvantage. The only way I will allow scribe is if EVERYONE has it.

V

Vortimer

Inscription is not hard to work up.... Buy like 30k each reg and goto town.

Easily done in time for the tourney

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have added a poll to this thread! Please vote whether or not you would like scribe to be allowed on the template or not! I will allow the majority vote to win! Poll will end Sunday and I will post the result!

Also, I will lower the fee to 5 Million Gold. If people are having trouble posting that amount, please contact me via ICQ and I will see what else I can do! (Including finding someone who will back you!)

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Maybe im being stupid right now but how are you going to know if someone has Scribe?

I mean sure you can have them show skills on Myuo but they can soulstone it in right before the match.

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe im being stupid right now but how are you going to know if someone has Scribe?

I mean sure you can have them show skills on Myuo but they can soulstone it in right before the match.
All they have to do is lightning me once, I'll know immediately!

EnderSai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well luckily, 1. I have inscribe on a stone so that will be no problem, and inscribe is def. needed in a pure mage typeo tourny. 2. need to start playn more/dueln more to get up to par as i use to be once before. 3. I will be taking some cash money from yall ! haha Just gotta play more often im on like half hour every other day rofl.

10m is really steep tho for an entrance fee, consider lowering that and consider using some of your own resources as an incentive prize. If you plan on just accumulating entrance fee money and takin some for yourself thats a joke, use what u have for something like this, and perhaps in the future if you have a bigger turn out ratio : money, take profit for yourself.

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Entrance fee has already been lowered to 5 million. Also, I plan on keeping no money for myself, all entrance fees go into the pot and prizes will be awarded accordingly. My current idea is:

(Percent of total fees collected)
1st place: 50%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 10%

So, if we get 16 people for example, winner would get 40mil, 2nd place = 20mil, etc...

EnderSai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like that, good idea. If not cash, but prolly the best to do, maybe a nice mage weapon.armor.or a novelty item?

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wish i had a nice suit/wep/something to throw in, but i'm actually a pretty poor mofo in UO. I have a bad runic addiction....and no luck!

V

Vortimer

Maybe we could get the shard EM to help out with a reward of some kind.

Something that doesnt have mods like a robe or shoes that says something.

Would be cool

M

Mr Moosestache

I'll make some shoes for the winner. I am an amazing tailor. Yes, I've been playing the Hell out of some UFC. You should get on, I made a HW today I'm working up.

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have the contact info for the EM, I'll send him a PM or an email. Would be pretty cool if we could get a sash, shoes, or robe made for it!

L

Lord_Deimos

If you have the contact info for the EM, I'll send him a PM or an email. Would be pretty cool if we could get a sash, shoes, or robe made for it!
Not going to happen... EM Items arent given out anymore, nor are they allowed to.

You MIGHT tho get the EM to make like a statue or something and put it in the rewards hall or w/e

T

truss

i am down and i will probably get no one in also. is there a list of guys who are interested yet? when is the gold due? since your talking 1st to 4th are you going to make a losers bracket? i think the matches should be random. get like a lucky dealer and like the numbers nearest duel. just a thought.

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Money is due the day before the tournament (Due June 4th). You can just ICQ me (326459451) and meet up with me somewhere. Also (being a computer engineering major) I have written a random generator that I can put all the names into and have it spit out brackets. I will post a final list of contestants on June 4th along with the brackets.

NOTICE:
INSCRIPTION WILL BE ALLOWED!!

(Due to popular vote)

D

Dragonchilde

Not going to happen... EM Items arent given out anymore, nor are they allowed to.

You MIGHT tho get the EM to make like a statue or something and put it in the rewards hall or w/e
Yeah, this. There's no way that Dudley or Vladimere is going to give away items. They rarely even give items at their own events... don't even bother asking to give items at a player-run event. so many people would be screaming favoritism it wouldn't be funny. :) EMs aren't even allowed to accept donations from players to give at their events!

Morpheus Mardox

UO Chesapeake News Manager
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This should be a great event! Some death I get to stay alive for! I hope everyone comes in all seriousness to do this right and find a true champ!

R

RichDC

Its Quite a Simple way to provide an item of novalty for the winner and also allow the EM's to place it in a reward hall.

As its a mage tourney, either, Craft a Wizards hat or Quater Sfaff...Then engrave it. Make 2 of these give one to the winner and one to the EM.

Have the Engraving something like,

XXXX Winner of Chesapeake's First bi-monthly(or however long you want to make it) Mage PvP Tourney.

They should do that(lock it down) and then they may sponser the event come the second time round, provided you all show it can be organised properly

Morpheus Mardox

UO Chesapeake News Manager
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately It creates a one of a kind rare "renamed" not engraved item. Thats why they couldnt do such a thing they can make one for the rewards hall though if it becomes an em sponsored event! Perhaps if folks come and act accordingly it will!

R

RichDC

I Think they are beginning to realise how stupid an idea of not giving out EM items is, i think they are starting to come around to the people who actually do the events(not the ones who feel bad because they couldnt be bothered then moan about not getting anything) way of thinking.

A

AZRIA

I Think they are beginning to realise how stupid an idea of not giving out EM items is, i think they are starting to come around to the people who actually do the events(not the ones who feel bad because they couldnt be bothered then moan about not getting anything) way of thinking.
They aren't realizing anything. The reason they don't give anything out is because people turn right around and sell them. It defeats the purpose and unless they find a way to make the items account specific, it will never happen.

R

RichDC

Great lakes em's are beginning to hand things out. Mainly because they dont end up on the market i assume, It appears as if they realise most people do the events for fun and just like a nice little trinket.

Also, as the majority of the items are handed in at the end thinking they are part of the story line, makes me think they realise people are more interestend in the plot than..."Oooohhhh a funny named item, what if thats part of the story?? **** it im gna keep it anyway and sell for millions!!!"

That being said i am enjoying the events without items, also, on oceana the PvP tourney winner was given a robe i believe.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They aren't realizing anything. The reason they don't give anything out is because people turn right around and sell them. It defeats the purpose and unless they find a way to make the items account specific, it will never happen.
They do have the ability to make items no trade/no drop & blessed to a char. I was tlakin to EM Vlad about it. He said it sounded like a good idea, but everything ultimately has to be cleared by GMs regardless of how good or bad an idea is. So sadly, ems can only ASK to do things, not actually do them.

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Main post has been updated with player list and brackets!

Please be at Yew Gate between 10:30-10:50 tonight so that I can gate everyone to the dueling arena! Spectators are allowed. Dragons are not! Please try to leave non-ethy mounts at home so the screen is not as laggy!

REMEMBER: This WILL be a classy tournament! Any guild that attempts to disrupt this tournament will have any/all guild members that are participating DISQUALIFIED and your entrance fee will NOT be refunded!

UOMaddog

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for everyone who turned out for the tournament! Results are posted in the main post!

Due to my own fault of not capping Hit Point Regen, some of the fights lasted WAY longer than expected and we had to resolve it by having them strip naked and duel with regs and 0/0 casting! Also, because of the length and some people going AFK, I decided to refund everyone's entrance fee and I will pay the prize out of pocket (haven't figured out what it's going to be though, most likely a Val Hammer or something). If you have not received your refund yet, please ICQ me (326459451) and we can meet up (that means you: True Blood, GRIMLOCK, and Essence of Nate).

Please stay tuned to the Chesapeake forums as I will be hosting another one in the near future (hopefully next weekend if I am going to be around). The rules will be slightly different, so stay tuned!!!

S

Sir Achilles

Would you be interested in a 5v5 tourny for the next go around? I would like to see the guilds go at it for bragging rights.