• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake Fair Grounds Underway!!

M

Merik

They started construction on the fairgrounds tonight.
WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

J

Jamie Madrox

This will be m first fair since my return, what kind of goodies can I expect?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Click the fiarground link at the bottom of my signature. Thats the design going up. Im sure Em Vladimere and Em Dudley will have GREAT things in store for everyone. They are our shard EMS and really good ones at that :)

:danceb:

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Gareth, that is an awesome design. I am going to try one on Siege. How did you get the basic landscape for your fairgrounds? Did you take screenshots and piece it together? Are you using InsideUO?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I did it screen shot by screen shot. Pieced it all together in Paint and used inside UO. Wildstar did a design and actually walked the spaces to get it exact for hers. I just did my best to line it up. Just doing the map took about 5 hours. The design was about 20+ hours. If you want I can send you the design file and you can just go over it with the grass tiles then design your own. I am checking my 5 billion pictures to see if I have just the grass area mapped.

Also thank you for the compliment. I hope everyone enjoys it. I sat with Messana from like 11am to 1am and she let me help pick colors and add the little details. She is wonderful and fun. The main tent is a blaze tent. Very bright but I loved the blaze look when she let us pick it. She wouldn't let us do a HOT PINK lol.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the offer Gareth! I would love to take up your offer, however, my fellow Siegers are asking for the fairgrounds to be anywhere BUT Luna (we were given that option by... someone. I can't remember who said it). Although the area around the bagball arena is great, it looks like the Siege Design Team (we are joking about several of us taking on the challenge) will be looking into other areas for our Fairgrounds.

S

Sebrina

It's a great design and where else would they put it!?

Though we missed doing the Spring "Moonglow Festival" this year, talk to us about setting up the "Autumn Fest" at this location in a few months. Talk now to get it set up... I have lots of ideas, and I know others do too.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well on Siege, the Fair Grounds if the grounds does not have to be placed in Luna, then there are lots of possibilities or at least on lands wherever it isn't crowded with players homes. There are more open spaces on Siege than just a Luna *bagball* area, we can hope, for some other better spot with some of our emptier areas on Siege.