• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CHEATING ON ORIGIN RIGHT NOW??

• Thread starter imported_Loquacious Wrath
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Loquacious Wrath

Well is it at least preparation for cheating? I see someone placing naked players (except for bacinets), over 15, all over this Luna plot. I believe they are probably temp accounts and they will be logging out soon, only to log in when barrel scripts are to be run along with their placing scripts. Someone controlling them is speaking in Japanese. Anyone else agree or have a different assement?

I'll post a pic

G

The fire will stay up til next publish, they wasting their time.

I

Notice the names are "junk" names and how many are being placed. They will try to place barrels and fill them faster than we can remove.

G

Ummm, I hate to break your heart, and I could be incorrect, but Hokotu (of the hokotu bascinet! (yes?)) is an RP'er to my knowledge.

I

If they all invis, and set the script to run when the ground is empty, I don't see how they are wasting time?

G

What good will any of that do them when the debris is going to be smoldering for a month or two?

I

Hmmm

*thinks about it again while watching these guys set up*

I don't understand why 2 months or 2 years matters to a script designed to execute when certain variables are met. And since when did roleplayers not ever cheat?

G

Isn't what they're doing kind of a "trying to rob the same bank twice" type of scenario?

A scriptor's house gets blown up with the debris to hang around to next publish, so a group of people are REALLY going to sit there and script THAT LONG?

Why didn't they just name the throw away characters "Ban Me" and be done with it.

Apparently a fix to placement scripting is in the works to so we'll see how that ends up.

B

Budweiser KDL

How about the fact that EA has just destroyed the house's on every shard that where owned by one person, deleted all items in this persons 100 + accounts and deleted all skills and items on each char across all shards....The house's where all in Luna I assume.. we had two burn on Napa tonight. They all looked the same on every shard...matching colors on vendors to show what they where selling.....you know that certian person who always had a ton of resources on all their vendors.....

I

So is it completely implausable that the person who just got "burned" is determined to get these plots back, even if it means going to extremes?

There is one char set to the west of the plot to place, all the others are set to drop barrels once the ground is vacant for .01 seconds time.

Now they are starting to time/log out. Or go invis until they are needed. Temp accounts last for a certain amount of time. When that time expires, they will simply complete this "set up" again, right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So is it completely implausable that the person who just got "burned" is determined to get these plots back, even if it means going to extremes?

There is one char set to the west of the plot to place, all the others are set to drop barrels once the ground is vacant for .01 seconds time.

Now they are starting to time/log out. Or go invis until they are needed. Temp accounts last for a certain amount of time. When that time expires, they will simply complete this "set up" again, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the house of common notes, or read the thread regarding the destruction of the houses, you will note that Draconi made the statement that the flame and rubble will remain until after one of the next upcoming patches, but before they are removed a change will be made to prevent people from scripting houses.

S

stevensnr6

Wow, so innovation on the part of the UO team. Amusing. Might be too late, who knows. Dropping a 813 MB patch on KR users was brilliant though...so I'd say it balances out to no net gain.

Peace.

I

I read it, but I am not going to believe it 100% until I hear several different people posting on these boards that they got one. If these scipters believed it, do you think they would be wasting their time like they supposedly are right now?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I read it, but I am not going to believe it 100% until I hear several different people posting on these boards that they got one. If these scipters believed it, do you think they would be wasting their time like they supposedly are right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

If they got what? You're not making any sense.

The patch Draconi is refering to hasn't occured yet, and will not occur until after this weeks patch for the Valentine's Day content.

You showed evidence of one possible scripter speaking in japanese, its just a thought but perhaps they dont read stratics or the hoc? Perhaps they dont speak english, and this evenings info isnt available in Asia?

I

imported_athos_uo

<blockquote><hr>

Well is it at least preparation for cheating? I see someone placing naked players (except for bacinets), over 15, all over this Luna plot. I believe they are probably temp accounts and they will be logging out soon, only to log in when barrel scripts are to be run along with their placing scripts. Someone controlling them is speaking in Japanese. Anyone else agree or have a different assement?

I'll post a pic

[/ QUOTE ]

...HAHA, they are Japanese Hokotsu, who read my reports and went to see the burnt houses. We are also looking forward to the same action to the scripters on Japanese shards!

G

Hokuto was my home, long ago.
I had the fastest connection to that server and didn't realize that it was a Japanese shard. Some of my best UO memories were made with friends, both American and Japanese, on Hokuto! ^^

L

LAH Architect

Yes, I smiled when I read about the basinets. It's a distinct Hokuto shard trait. Like Shadowclan Orcs wearing Orc Helms, Bobs and Freds in their fugly robes.

It would seem more like some roleplayers rejoicing and celebrating by invading the shard. I would guess a scripter placer wouldnt bother doing something unnecessary by wearing basinets to draw unnecessary attention.

Also dun forget about xshard traders collecting their V-Day Gifts (Active first on Origin) and hanging out to have fun.

I

Snapped a pic right before the last account timed-out. The scam is they make temp accounts, position themselves, drink lesser poison to die and turn into ghosts, and in other cases just stand around until they time out. Very suspicious.

G

Ummm, dont they have medication for paranoia?? You have just had MANY people tell you who they are, and that the likelihood of them being "cheaters" is very slim, and you just persist in your witch hunt. Go see the good Dr now ...

I

imported_ElRay

lol youve got to be joking right?

if not IBTL due to extreme paranoia and wierdo-ness

G

I'm sure Draconi realises how badly temp accounts are misused for placing at IDOCs

Let's just hope this translates to a comprehensive fix for script placers, that includes restricting the temps from placing. Otherwise we'll need more dynamite...

Wenchy