• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] chat window..

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is no option to keep the chat window from fading away over time.

there is a huge memory leak. after a few minutes of running, it is using over 1GiB of ram.. witch after a few halts the whole system and causes huge lag and i have to kill the program..

the on screen font, not the journal or chat font, seems to be smoothed or something, its very hard to read.

so far its a good try but not as stable as the kr client is on my system.

W

Wolfways

I find that the text above the character is really hard to read. Personally i'd prefer chat bubbles with white text on a dark background.

O

Old Man of UO

I find that the text above the character is really hard to read. Personally i'd prefer chat bubbles with white text on a dark background.
YECH! I'd hate that if that were the only option... too much like WOW or one of the others. Better would be to give us the option to change the overhead chat text so we could choose our own style.

OH... I'd like the option to turn off the overhead chat altogether. I think it was Ash that made a mod for KR that you can automatically squelch users who spam or repeat speech. I use the chat window and would prefer to not have the overhead text at all.

W

Wolfways

I like chat bubbles because i can immediately see who said what while looking at the game window instead of watching the chat window.
Nothing wrong with copying from other games if the idea is good. Everyone does it anyway :p
But of course i'd like an "ignore" feature too.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/a and /g or just left click the orange icon below the chat window to change chat channels.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the /a /g ....

Your saying that I can change the chat channel and just start typing and it will go to that channel?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, so choose your channel, then space and keep typing

/a I'm in alliance chat

/g I'm in guild chat

/s I'm talking

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not found a way to do this:

is there a way to maintain the character's overhead speech color in the journal? everyone's text shows up as the same color in journal, just so much easier to identify by individual color

W

wee papa smurf

Yeah hopefully they will fix it so the text is a bit easier to read :thumbsup: