• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Chat window omits chat messages.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is very annoying. For every text wrap, the chat window omits one line at the bottom of the chat window.

I.e.:

Let's assume, the chat window's height allows to display 9 lines of text. Now if the window's width is big enough and no text wrapping occurs, following text would be ok:

Target what you wish to honor.
You prepare to strike quickly.
Your skill in Bushido has increased by 0.1%. It is now 92.1%.
You attack with lightning precision.
You gain in Pefection as you precisely strike your opponent.
Your skill in Bushido has increased by 0.1%. It is now 92.2%.
You gain in Pefection as you precisely strike your opponent.
Now if you decrease the width, so that the lines with precision & skill gains have to wrap, the following will occur:

Target what you wish to honor.
Your skill in Bushido has increased by
0.1%. It is now 92.1%.
You gain in Pefection as you precisely
strike your opponent.

0.1%. It is now 92.2%.
strike your opponent.
Thw chat window still would try to display the same 9 lines. Unfortunately only the bold text is visible. The other 4 lines at the bottom of the screen are NOT visible.

The correct display should look like this:

strike your opponent.
0.1%. It is now 92.2%.
strike your opponent.
This bug gets extremely annoying, if people are writing long sentences. Is there probably a workaround, I can try?

I already wrote a bug report. Hope that gets fixed soon.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed.

Just tried it without the timestamp and that bug isn't occuring.

Nonetheless a fix would be appropriate.

W

Whinemaker

Not exactly a nice catch... just that I bitched about the same problem in an earlier post.

But yeah it'd be great if they fixed it.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The good thing is, when you turn on timestamp, even the older messages get stamped. Therefore I always have it turned off now and if I want to know the time I switch it on. A little bit annoying but better than nothing...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I posted about this and submitted bug reports months ago, but I didn't realize exactly what was going on. I didn't realize it was a text wrapping issue. Maybe I can "fix" the problem for now by widening my chat window. How wide does it have to be to fix the issue? Or does it have to be as wide as the maximum string length, which would probably be wider than my screen?

edit: Did some testing and answered my own question. It isn't possible to make the chat window wide enough to account for the full length of the line. This needs to be fixed.