• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Charbydis? I hardly started cooking dis! Thursday 28th March - 8pm UK Time

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What dis? It's dat!

The rare High Seas lobster; after 651 fishing quests, I now have another set of 5 bait to add to the pile, and so we can go add more bodies to his dead list! As always, where he will appear isn't certain, so just be in General Chat on Europa at 8pm UK time on Thursday.

There is unlikely to be any loot for you; the 3 I've done previously only the caster got any of the rare armour. You never know, you may be lucky, the loot table of Charybdis hasn't been explored much (see the fishing quest google document for why) but expect not to be. Just come for the fun!

Melee characters can fight the tentacles, but you'll need ranged to be able to tag the target itself. Donations of wood and cloth to repair my ship afterwards are appreciated. Bring your own cannon firing equipment if you want to try, but he immobilises and then moves to the prow usually so you can only ever bring one to bear occasionally.

And hope to see you all there!

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We came... we saw... we crabbed!

But only just; you'll see at the start that the Pinco UI placed the marker slightly off the target location, so I wasted a bait... fortunately I was watching for bubbles, and manually located it from where we were. Afterwards, me fine crew managed to overwhelm the nautical naughty; and we discovered interestingly he doesn't submerge if he can't push the boat any further. You could possibly lock him in place by having a second boat behind you? Or will he move all of them... something to try next time!

Last edited:

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Absolutely spectacular video, watched it at max resolution also fullscreen and i felt to stand on that Brit ship trowing arrows , still ! Great fun and nice event you done for us Nemo ! ( Well, for those who were abord , Yarrrrr ! )

Thanks, once again .

Morgana