• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Characters are bugged, can't join factions

G

I have tried paging a Gamemaster but they say they can not assist with this issue. When our guild joined factions last week I had 2 characters in the guild. When the guild joined, both characters got kicked because I had characters already in factions on those accounts. Three days later those accounts exited. But today I try to join and it won't let me open any faction stones. I have determined it is the characters who are bugged because other characters on the same accounts/shard can open faction stones.

Thus, can anyone confirm that this issue can be solved by a GM? I am going to attempt joining by putting them into a guild and joining that guild. But if that fails then I won't even be able to participate in the factions stuff I started

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

I have tried paging a Gamemaster but they say they can not assist with this issue. When our guild joined factions last week I had 2 characters in the guild. When the guild joined, both characters got kicked because I had characters already in factions on those accounts. Three days later those accounts exited. But today I try to join and it won't let me open any faction stones. I have determined it is the characters who are bugged because other characters on the same accounts/shard can open faction stones.

Thus, can anyone confirm that this issue can be solved by a GM? I am going to attempt joining by putting them into a guild and joining that guild. But if that fails then I won't even be able to participate in the factions stuff I started

[/ QUOTE ]

JC, it sounds like you have two accounts with characters on Atlantic that were in your guild and when your guild joined factions, all the characters in the guild on both accounts got kicked out of the guild and presumably started the "faction exit process."

The faction exit process currently takes seven days. What message do you get when you have the characters that got pitched out of the guild and factions say, "What is my faction term status?" Also, can any of those characters walk into a faction base? If they can, then I'm guessing that the system still thinks they are in factions and you may just need to wait a few more days before they are actually all out of factions and you can try once again to join factions.

I'm also curious about your statement that three days after your guild joined factions, the accounts in question exited. Were all of the characters in the guild on those two accounts still showing on the guild roster for the first three days or something? If yes, were you able to use them for factions activities in that time, e.g., go in the base, steal or hold sigils, etc.? Is anyone else in your guild having similar issues? Are characters in the guild able to steal and hold sigils?

Oftentimes you can tell that the faction exit process is in effect on a character because the character can't receive a sigil from another character...the character trying to pass along the sigil gets a message something like, "Strong magics prevent you from doing that." If the character in question didn't actually do anything to leave factions, sometimes the "problem" can be traced back to the fact that the guild leader started the exit process and the whole guild is being kicked out of factions.

G

Both characters are in the same state.

They are not in factions, they don't have faction titles, they can't enter bases, etc.

They were auto-removed from the guild over a week ago so even if they were silently quitting factions, it would be done by now.

G

It is fixed. Simply by starting a guild on the bugged character and relogging, I got a message saying my guild was no longer in factions. I could now open faction stones to join.