• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

character abducted?

P

peanutbutter

went to log into my account tonight and it said i had another character logged in and had to wait to time out. so i went through all my characters until i got to my red archer... i know for a fact that i logged him out at my house earlier today, but when i logged in on him he was in the middle of nowhere sitting on a server line (south-east of the yew crypts). also, he was hidden (and i don't have hiding).

what up with that? anyone ever have that happen before?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend you change your password, pdq, and if possible from another computer. Log in to uo.com and check your account details are as they should be, especially the email address. If there is *any* doubt scan your pc for trojans.

F

Flinnt

I have had that happen before too. Except I logged on a server line in fel t2a. I believe it has something to do with flaws in their buggier-than-hell insta log system. Slipping through their server lines or something. I changed my password just to be safe, but I don't think it was someone hacking your account.

A

Ashlen

And to add to what Petra said

Your email acct that is attached to your UO acct
should be different than the email acct you use for
everything else. Such as signing up for the boards,
paypal, ect.....
Make the email for your UO acct something that is used
for that alone or for Personal things only.

Many times when accts are hacked it through their email
accounts that are used for all those things i mentioned.
When everyone jumps in and says "they had to give
out their user info to someone" when infact someone just
got their email address and hacked away.

Be safe