• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

char transfers to siege is it time

• Thread starter Arnie QuickPalm
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No xfers.

Only way I'd even say maybe is if the characters skills were lowered to when ROT hit and make em retrain it :p And you may as well not have transfered there in the first place haha

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reread what you quoted. I said A reason, not THE reason nor THE NUMBER ONE reason. A REASON. But, nice try anyway.
This is what I quoted:

What you call making up I call pointing out. To each his own of course. And feel free to add any points you think I might have missed. Or, just continue the rah rah to get people to come and the insults to keep people away. Sounds like its working perfectly for you. As I said, there is a reason why Siege has a population problem and that reason is easy to find just by reading the posts of Siege players.
Yes, you said, "a reason." You also said that reason could be found by reading the posts of Siege players in this thread. You were referring to the attitudes of Siege players in this thread. "A reason" and "that reason" are talking about the attitudes of Siege players.

I said it was "the number one reason" because that's the reason you quote when you justify why Siege has a small population. You didn't say, "one of the reasons."

It might have just been one of those slip-ups. If it was then this all doesn't really matter. But what I quoted was correct.

D

D'Amavir

This is what I quoted:

Yes, you said, "a reason." You also said that reason could be found by reading the posts of Siege players in this thread. You were referring to the attitudes of Siege players in this thread. "A reason" and "that reason" are talking about the attitudes of Siege players.
Correct, I said A REASON. THAT REASON. Not THE ONLY REASON nor THE NUMBER ONE REASON. A grape is on the table. That grape is red. Does that mean that all grapes are red or that all grapes are on that table? No, it means A GRAPE is and THAT grape is. If you actually read the posts you quote you would have noticed that I also mentioned another reason. Again, that other reason isn't the ONLY reason,but A reason.

I said it was "the number one reason" because that's the reason you quote when you justify why Siege has a small population. You didn't say, "one of the reasons."
I said A. I did not say ALL. Nor did I say NUMBER ONE. But, like I said, feel free to make up whatever you want. I don't mind. I think its pretty funny actually.

It might have just been one of those slip-ups. If it was then this all doesn't really matter. But what I quoted was correct.
Yes, what you quoted was in fact correct. However, what you said about that quote is not. If you don't know the difference between A and THE then there is not much more you need to say, now is there? But, you will try to say something anyway.

Example +5.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, if you read the threads on this board, you get attitude from siege players anytime someone questions the shard or points out any of its flaws.
I perosnally only give "attitude" when someone comes into a siege thread, and states thieir personal opinions about a shard are not thier opinions, but rather the shards inherent "flaws", and then suggest that if someone who doesn't agree that the things they dont like are flaws, then they are clearly just trying to trick people into playing the shard with vile deceptions! But thats just me.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But, I am glad that you were able to provide someone with examples of bad attitudes from Siege players on these boards. It saved me from having to copy all of the examples and paste them here as someone that apparently wasn't able to read the threads themselves wanted me to do.
I'm not sure what you mean by "bad attitude" unless you're referring to this:

Look at the attitudes that Siege players have about people on other shards. Who wants to play a game with people like that? On top of all the other flaws, the players there are just too much to deal with. No wonder its dead there.
If you don't see a specific attitude from Siege players on this thread and many others then I don't know how showing the posts to you again would help.
Besides, people move to crappy neighborhoods all the time. They are still crappy neighborhoods though. Crappy neighbors and all.
What I am speaking about, and this is a common bad habit I seem to have, is about the attitude that most Siege players have.
If someone is blind, showing them a book won't make them see.
Big difference between the two but don't worry if you don't get it. I really didn't expect you to.
If you are, then you're exactly right.

D

D'Amavir

I perosnally only give "attitude" when someone comes into a siege thread, and states thieir personal opinions about a shard are not thier opinions, but rather the shards inherent "flaws", and then suggest that if someone who doesn't agree that the things they dont like are flaws, then they are clearly just trying to trick people into playing the shard with vile deceptions! But thats just me.
What some people see as flaws others see as benefits. That's a given. I think its perfectly fine for Siege players to beg people to play on Siege on Siege based threads. Just like I think that its perfectly fine for someone to state their opinions of Siege on those same threads. Unlike some people, I think that everyone should have a right to express their opinion. Guess some would say that's a flaw. But, to me, its a strength.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
:sleep2:

Good attempt at getting this thread locked. Or at least getting a lot of posts deleted. Hopefully starting with your 'but you meant this even though you said something different' stalk-fest. But, you knew that.
I do not like back seat mods. *folds arms*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Agree, the Siege ruleset build the community. Char transfer or to easy skill gain will give us to many "spoiled kids", mean players who do not grow up with a feeling of being a part of the community.

On normal shards, we still see alot of hate between red and blue. On Siege, it's not the color but the actions that matter.

We do have alot of thieves but I can't remember when I last saw someone cry about the thieves.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nay, nay & thrice nay to transfers to OR from Siege.

With the utmost respect, I say that only those with little to no experience of Siege could ever propose such a thing.

Perhaps make a newbie on Siege and experience the shard before making suggestions for it?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think one of the reasons Siege still has a viable economy is that the no transfer policy has completely insulated us from the massive x-sharding of both legitimately, and illegally obtained gold & resources.

There are certainly cheaters operating on Siege, but at least we don't have to deal with large scale dumping/shuffling of massive amounts of gold, resources, and items that other shards have experienced.

I would say definitely "no" to opening up transfers to Siege if any gold/items were allowed as part of the transfer process.

-Skylark

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No to transfers. Part of what builds the community is going through training and learning your way around the shard. After a week on Siege, I dropped my houses on Atlantic and Cats and have never looked back.

You want to come to Siege, do it like everyone else did. If you think you shouldn't have to go through it, then just stay where you are.

K

Kratos Aurion

Nay to transfers to/from Siege. For many obvious reasons previously stated in the thread.

1) It has its own stabalized economy
2) It has its own dedicated community
3) It has preserved shard history

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a vet UO player I would have to say NO to chr. transfers to and from Siege even if times I may wish I *could* transfer one of my chrs. OFF Siege because I love that chr. and IF I opted never to play Siege again I would miss that chr.

I would miss her because..........as a VET UO player I made her from scratch there primarily as a challenge unto myself.......whom never had a defenseless pure crafter character built anywhere........not even on Chesapeake after trammel. I NEVER made such a chr. never wanting nor having the guts to make a pure crafter chr. at all even on Ches. always used to defending myself as whatever characters I had made anywhere pre trammel they all could defend themselves or kill those trying to pk my chr. warriors or mage warriors all of them primarily.
Then trammel came then insurance came..........and as I vet UO player I wanted CHALLENGES again..make a chr. from the dust from scratch and then make said chr. in an all feluccan ruleset WITH ROT, with no transfers...she would be defenseless, helpless broke newbie............would she even survive, would 'I' survive even trying this experiment to accept the challenges to make a newbie in some fel only ruleset like Siege, like UO used to be all felucca...then make it even more challenging for myself...make a chr. EVERYONE could exterminate and still enjoy playing that chr., enjoy that experience of learning new skills, only all crafter ones thus making her *cannonfodder* so to speak, in a rougher fel ruleset SIEGE and still ENJOY being there, maybe make some few new friends or find a guild or even become.......liked by some of those folks on that shard, as a non pvper non pker type ...or have the humor and mood that kinda fits ......that shard of cranky old vets ........yet I too was a VET UO player.

I did not want to transfer a chr. to Siege...I still would not..nor would I believe in it...because part of what does make Siege unique different is...more so it is a vet shard UO players that been playing maybe for years as I had looking for a challenge to MAKE something of themselves as a purely new newbie chr. there with it's pluses minuses and flaws..........and say....to their own self... I win UO ! HAHA :)

I still say NO to chr. transfers ..because part of the fun ...yes fun..is making that new character entering a brand new *society* like you are some immigrant newb and one day, not only do you have all your skills maxed out sitting in your own 18 x 18 and ya laugh at the times ya got killed pkd yet remember someone that exterminated you at the get go also became ...a new friend on that shard. THAT too is what Siege is also about..........you entering as a new chr., as a newborn vulnerable template or newbie, an Immigrant of sorts despite your years of UO experience you are new again........and seeing if your chr. and you playing that chr. can *survive* or *make it* or become done as a template whatever template ya selected to begin there .............starting all NEW !!

Xfering chrs. over TO Siege would negate that *vet* UO looking for challenge to start all over somewhere ie Siege and decide .......yeh I kinda like this it IS different.........pros and cons alike ya find ya may just get sucked in to stick around on that shard with new friends and new enemies and your newbie chr. is all done and ya love that chr...as much as the very first one you made ............... in uo ever, on some other shard. My most beloved chr. ON Chesapeake is the Queen Zen one...the very first chr. I made ever in UO back in 98...........I made a *Miranda* on Siege 4 yrs plus ago as a..........pure crafter...I LOVE that chr. as much.....as the very first one I made back in the day as a warrrior on ches. so to I love the pure crafter templated chr I made on Siege...newbies both, different years of time, on two different shards..........but each came of age on both shards in due time..one on Siege one 10 yrs ago prior, on Chessie.......... I love both those orig. newbies I made due to the extreme challenges both faced as new chrs. first borns, becoming whom that chr. was to become where they were *born*..ie the making of a *pixel life* somewhere, each different templates different shards yet both born in fel only rulesets.

That creating a new pixel chr. from scratch to become done, somewhere where they were born, too is part of UO creating a *life* for our newbie chrs somewhere on a shard.........xfers to siege would negate that vet challenge to try to start *from scratch* ON Siege........to become whatever they had hoped for their chr. to become ON Siege. Building the chr. elsewhere and transfering them over to Siege after they are done..negates their *growing up* on the turf they are to be matured upon...Siege. They really should *grow up become skilled and trained facing the challenges of the shard where they plan to.......live as a chr.

So that is a no to xfers..just my humble vet uo player opinion.

:)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe there is so much debate over a thing that has just slightly better chance of becoming a reality than say all the exploiting getting fixed in Ultima Online by end of this coming weekend.

R

RoycroftLS

I can't believe there is so much debate over a thing that has just slightly better chance of becoming a reality than say all the exploiting getting fixed in Ultima Online by end of this coming weekend.
If the discussion doesn't dissolve into a troll-filled insult fest (that's a BIG "if" nowadays), what harm is there in discussing future possibilities in the game?

Yes, some of the specific changes that are discussed are unreasonable or not implementable. But I would hope the resulting discussion would at least let the devs get some idea of the mindset of the players, and give them a better idea of those areas of the game that need (or don't need) improving.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they(prodo players) cant help it, playing a prodo shard they pretty much have everything handed to them with out the risk of losing anything. that's why they want a char transfer to SP. well sorry, no way is char transfer gonna happen on sp. u come here and u work ur way up like the rest of us! like i said before, we made it easier for new players to make a char here by fixing rot. stop being lazy, alot of players are here on sp making a new char and GP.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh what the hell,

By the time Krystal gets done with them, they won't have any stuff left anyway.

B

Black magick

You also gain admirers!
Keep up the comics and I will keep my pack stocked with things you might want.
Like hell you do, every time i snoop you your pack is empty or full of blessed crap! O and I have an idea for siege transfers! You can transfer your char to siege, naked, nothing in the bank, and all your skills get dropped to 0 then you can choose 100 skill points to put in. Nothing higher than 50 ^^