• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changing what music plays and when

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems pretty easy digging through the UO folders to change what music plays and when in game, but I'm afraid of messing it up.

tl;dr how do I loop BattleOnStones for my combat music instead of the normal music, Gargoyles and such? =D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For me, the big issue is that the Britain music won't stop when you leave town, unless you go to one of the few places where the local music overrides it (or use "stop music" on a music box or harpsichord). I'm sick and tired of the song - and I'm a GOVERNOR of Britain!!!!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me, the big issue is that the Britain music won't stop when you leave town, unless you go to one of the few places where the local music overrides it (or use "stop music" on a music box or harpsichord). I'm sick and tired of the song - and I'm a GOVERNOR of Britain!!!!
Ohhh the irony! UO loves to passively annoy people doesn't it!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think, and dont quote me, that you can just change the music files in your system files. Id have to look, but I am currently not at my PC to do such.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you can change the config.txt, but it often seems to revert back to normal after a day or update. But when I have time, maybe i'll try changing the music files themselves and see if that permanently works. I like most music on UO, but I really dislike the war mode music and quickly get tired of the dungeon theme, especially since it never stops playing unless you go to one of the few places that overrides it.

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say it's probably against the Ts and Cs to modify any of the files, even the mp3s.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is not against the ToS/RoC to change the music files. In fact, Pinco's redid the music several years back and included a lot more. (I still hate the GoT song he included, though I swapped it out a few weeks ago)

You can rename your own MP3s and put them in the music directory all you want.

koris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't find config.txt. I am play with the Enhanced Client. In classic, I can just delete the songs i do not like in the music folder. With enhanced there is no music folder. Hoping someone has an idea. I tried to install Pinco's but when i run the uipatcher in admin...it loads some files ( inclusing custom music) but the game still plays its default.
Any help would be appreciated.

Adrahil

Adventurer
Try living in the house right next to a Ranger Hut outside Skara Brae. Every time I go to the first floor I get that god awful city music playing.