• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes Update

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All,

I wanted to let you know that we are reading your feedback and we are in the process of making changes to the following:

1. Boat Control - you have to grant access to anyone to control your boat, they can not just take control.
2. Boat Access - you will be granting access to the cannons etc on your boat to the people you invite.
3. Sea Market Crowd Control - Since we are seeing such a traffic jam here we are assuming the same thing will happen on production shards, so we are putting in a 20 minute parking time, if you boat is still there after 20 minutes it will be teleported a short distance from the market.
4. Making the three boats unique. Below is a chart of how the different boats will be different.

Orc Boat

Cannons 7
Turn Delay 2
Drift Speed 1
Durability 100K
Cannon Damage 150%
Hold Size 14K stones

Gargoyle Boat

Cannons 7
Turn Delay 1
Drift Speed 1
Durability 140K
Cannon Damage 100%
Hold Size 12K stones

Tokuno Boat

Cannons 5
Turn Delay 3
Drift Speed 2
Durability 100K
Cannon Damage 100%
Hold Size 16K stones

Thank you everyone! And special thanks to everyone that helped with all the screenshots the other day!

Mesanna

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great changes, Fantastic solution to the Market traffic!

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possible to limit the number of specific cannon types a ship can have? Being able to have only 1 or 2 heavy cannons on a Tokuno ship could help offset it being faster.

C

Cal_Mythic

Hey Crysta we thought about that but there are limitations right now on changing the number of weapon pads on the boats.

We did discuss it but for right now they weapon pad numbers are fixed.

-c

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nono.. not the number of cannons, the number of a certain type. Like.. Tokuno can only have 3 light cannons and 2 heavy rather than all heavy like now

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree there Crysta that is an interesting idea.

Also ..... what about the hold of the ship? Does that get the same treatment or is everyone granted access allowed in my hold?

And you didn't mention anything about the other thought on customizing the Pilot.

Also no mention of the stacking issue with fish... will this be fixed?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to the ship/steering access changes. You didn't mention the hold, so that still needs to be addressed.

You need to add an open boarding option so we can move a mass of people easily. Having to grant access for each person during an event is going to be a pain in the ass...

Good for the sea market access change too, hopefully boats won't wind up stacking 'on top' of eachother.

You must make the fish stackable before launch. There is no logical reason they shouldn't. You know that we want EVERYTHING that can stack TO stack when released. (Since your retroactive stacking fixes are abysmal, do it now.)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't feel that the greater turn delay and lower durability on the Tokuno boat offsets the better straight line speed? It makes it less maneuverable in a fight situation?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is Turn Delay? Which number is faster, 1, 2 or 3?

Whats is Drift Speed? Which number is faster, 1 or 2?

What are numbers for legacy boats and rowboats?

M

MsMel68

Fish need to not only stack but the same fish all need to be turned the same way. My hold is full of fish (item wise) because we have so many new fish turned both ways. I did find out that the cups of bait can be added together to help with storage but when you have mibs and fish there isnt enough room. I love that the holds are holding 12000+ stones but items are a problem

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to the ship/steering access changes. You didn't mention the hold, so that still needs to be addressed.

You need to add an open boarding option so we can move a mass of people easily. Having to grant access for each person during an event is going to be a pain in the ass...

Good for the sea market access change too, hopefully boats won't wind up stacking 'on top' of eachother.

You must make the fish stackable before launch. There is no logical reason they shouldn't. You know that we want EVERYTHING that can stack TO stack when released. (Since your retroactive stacking fixes are abysmal, do it now.)

That is my mistake, depending on the rank you are giving that will determine what you have access to including the hold. We are already addressing the option to just have "open house" on your ship if you desire so anyone can board.

Mesanna

Disenchanted

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changes look good, a couple of questions:

Will t-maps be updated with the recommendations?

Will the frost dragon and cold drake be tamable?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is my mistake, depending on the rank you are giving that will determine what you have access to including the hold. We are already addressing the option to just have "open house" on your ship if you desire so anyone can board.

Mesanna

Will anyone being able to board mean that they can also access your hold? I do think you need to treat the deck and the hold as two seperate accesses on this one. Also, are you going to change the 'you've accepted my party so I have access to your whole ship, hold included' thing? Is it possible to add an 'eject from boat' or 'ban from boat' thing, as we can with houses?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Mesanna
nice :) i like the rank thing to

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mesanna

Thank you Mesanna!

I still say you need a promotion... :thumbup1:

G

Gowron

What about features to allow sailing between facets that otherwise support boat travel?

There should be no reason not to be able to sail between Tram, Fel, T2A, and Tokuno. In fact, that should be among the premeir features.

N

Nastia Cross

What about features to allow sailing between facets that otherwise support boat travel?

There should be no reason not to be able to sail between Tram, Fel, T2A, and Tokuno. In fact, that should be among the premeir features.
/signed.

K

Kiminality

Does "drift speed" just account for the sideway motions, or is it a general speed increase?

The Fast and the Furious: Tokuno Drift?