• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes to BOS Suck

G

when it comes to t hunters we are getting shaft here, this bites now. Now will have to empty the chest and get a packer to come carry off regs, gold etc.. when before was using the BOS to send to the bank.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO, in relation to treasure hunters, the only TH template this should be a problem for is the tamer T-Hunter (a lesser extent for mages - see below).

As for the rest of us, we can ride a Giant Beetle to the dig, and unload everything into 2 packs - the junk pack and the keep pack. At the end of the chest, put the packs in the beetle, go to new haven, drop the junk on the ground, and pull the rest of the stuff out of the beetle for whatever you kept it for (regs, gold, etc.) You can keep from overloading yourself by putting the gold into the beetle after every fight, and it's unlikely that anything short of a level 6 (with its skinnable Ancient Wyrms) will produce enough loot and skins to make the beetle have fatigue issues when mounted.

A Tamer will be using pets to fight, so it gives them less options. Mages will have one less EV or elemental, but still have their other abilities (suggest not getting the beetle until after the spawn is dead - most spawn under that of level 6 maps can be dealt with using one summons and direct damage spells). Bard/TH and warrior/TH shouldn't have any issues at all (so long as they have a bonded beetle), and a necro/TH won't even need the beetle, as they can summon a horde minion to carry the loot (as long as they can gate, or can have someone throw a gate to them).

G

Drake Lord this is really easy....
Pull the gold out of the chest and off the guardians...recall home or bank drop and recall back to chest.

Then start looting...take what you want to keep in your pack...throw garbage on the ground...when you are full recall out and unload and come back.

I can unload a lvl 6 chest...loot all the spawn....I take all gold regs..scrolls decent items...in two trips...and I am a tamer treasure hunter that has to use regs to get around.

As I said it really isn't that big of a deal. They have done it to make it less cost effective for scripters to use Bags of sending.

Having to recall in and out 2-3 times max isn't really that big of a deal.

A

absimiliard

<blockquote><hr>

...throw garbage on the ground...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you? And what have you done with Timberwolf????

I can't believe you said this.

Lindisfarne (THB-SP)
-sigless wonder

G

ROFLMAO...I still throw it in a corpse if convienent....but with the new server sweeps every 20 mins or so...my last concern lately is crap items from chest on the ground.

I would rather they just stop putting crap items in the chests! Our chests need some serious lovin!

My point was...I am indifferent to the bos changes...it just means you recall instead of sending through bag.

G

Problem I have with this is I use a rune library, so I will have to mark a rune for every dig just to recall back and forth to drop loot. Sound more like work for me. Sure in the hell cannot carry the library around me, got enough books in my pack as it is. It sure would be more fun if they put the BOS back as it was and go fix things that are broke and leave us normal players alone!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing I did a long time ago, from not having hiding or magery on my TH, was to put together a rune book of the 16 islands that have T-maps, far enough from the major concentrations of maps to be reasonably safe from leftover spawn, but close enough to be useful.

That book allows me to recall away, the way others hide, without crossing server lines in most cases. It gives you a place to pop in and out from most of the maps that might require unloading. For all the other cases of islands, I carry a boat.

If you're doing primarily the higher (level 4-6) maps, you'll always be on an Island. Take a boat, put the first half your loot into the ship's hold, then use the SHIP KEY as your means of getting back from the bank.

If you're doing lower levels (level 1-3), you should be able to fit 2-4 maps' (at level 3) loot on yourself, several times that for the lower level maps. For those, it's safe and economical to ride a Giant Beetle. Take one greater strength potion with you. Get to know the typical weight of a chest for each level* - if it's gonna be close, use the potion to get out, after the map is done. If it's too close, don't dig until you offload, and go back to the spot when empty.

And, yes, you can dig a T-map while mounted. You just can't use hiding skill while mounted.

*Maps have certain set contents by level - a specific amount of gold, gems, scrolls and regs. These will add up to within a range of 1-2 points per pile of regs, so that, for example, all first level map chests have 27 stones of the first 3, 15-18** stone of regs, then the weight of 6 items.

**theoretically 12-18 (4 to 6 stone per pile), but the range is 40-60 per pile, and one would have to have EXACTLY 40 for the pile to weigh 4 stones. So, it's near certain each reg pile will weigh 5-6 stones (41-50 = 5 stone, 51-60 = 6 stones). The highest chests will have 2 "piles" of some regs, that stack as one pile when the chest is generated, for space, as there are only 13 regs, and the number of reg piles is 3*level.

Hmm...

I think I'll do a post on the relative average loot weights now....

G

<blockquote><hr>

And, yes, you can dig a T-map while mounted. You just can't use hiding skill while mounted.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm I use the hide skill while mounted all the time!

G

as far as carrying around a rune library....that is a little melodramatic....all you have to do is carry around a single blank rune....and reuse it at the start of each dig!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's right - it's STEALTH I can't do mounted. Then again, I only got one stealther, and he's a crate thief working up to eventual Doom trips.

G

Now stealthing mounted...that would be sweet!

at 120 you can move pretty fast stealthed....you can run while stealthed to I believe....with the ninja skill and animal form.