• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Change to pet attack with message "That cannot be seen" demonstrating problems

R

Revenant2

A change was made recently where, when you do "all kill" and target a monster (or presumably a person), the pet sometimes does not follow through with the attack and instead you see a message over the pet's head which says "That cannot be seen". If I had to guess, I'd say that maybe it's related to an intended fix for pets not teleporting into people's houses.

It's causing problems in getting pets to attack where there's uneven terrain. I just did a T2a spawn at Damwin and the lumpy ground in that area seemed to interfere with having the pet succesfully attack. There was a rat mage standing a few tiles away from me and my superdragon, and I gave the "all kill" command repeatedly, but the dragon would not go onto target and instead gave that message. I stepped closer and closer to it (with dragon following) giving the command at each step, and the dragon finally went on target when we were standing 1 tile away from the rat mage.

There were other incidents throughout the spawn like this, where my dragon was unable to go onto the target I wanted it to (yet that intended target was mana dumping on me) and I had to flee the area to survive.

Please make this work better because otherwise it's gonna get tamers killed, including possibly in PVP. I'll record a video if it helps get across how goofy this is. In both PVP and PVM, if someone or something can be standing in what one expects to be "the open" and is able to cast spells or shoot arrows at me, it's critical that my tamer be able to target them succesfully with "all kill" and have it work similarly.

I believe I've seen symptoms of this thing before. In Destard (with its uneven terrain in spots), pets using melee attacks (such as Hiryus and Cu Sidnes) that are trying to kill almost-dead, fleeing monsters sometimes go crazy instead. The pet darts back and forth, unable to pathfind succesfully to the monster. It's been my impression for a while now that lumpy terrain like is seen in Destard and parts of T2a can mess up pets' line-of-sight to their intended target.

On the flip side, I've seen where at least in the past, monsters could teleport directly through a windowless wall into a private house. I saw this when I owned a house where Reapers that spawned nearby used to do it if someone was standing close enough to a wall. That house teleportation deal was definitely a problem that was best gotten rid of. But all things considered, this new thing may be worse than the old house teleportation thing. This new thing will affect my tamer much more often than any house-teleporting thing every did.

So yeah - - - pleeeeez make this work better and like, if you reverted that change until the pet line-of-sight over lumpy terrain was working better, I wouldn't complain. Video will probably be coming if peeps don't seem to get what it's like when this happens.

G

GirlPower

Hmm probably did happen for the house problems. But I'm pretty sure if a pet is used on people, thats pvm not a pvp issue.

R

Revenant2

It would seem likely to be the same behavior for monsters and people, or else the teleporting-into-houses thing itself wouldn't be addressed by it. People are always the pet's intended target with the whole house-teleporting deal.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe this fix is simply to let tamers know why their pet hasn't attacked a mob it can't see. I haven't been hunting since the change, but I've always used "pet name kill" macros for my pets alongside the "all kill" for situations where LOS is an issue. That ensures the pet will attack, and allows much better control of a situation if you have multiple pets.

For example, in blood dungeon, the blood ele spawning by the imps. If you said all kill while the ele was behind that square in the middle of the room, it did nothing. If you said "dragon kill" the pet would path find round the obstacle. If we now get an appropriate message, that's a useful addition.

If you're just hunting with 1 greater dragon, set the macro to dragon kill etc and your targeting problems should vanish.

Wenchy

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting observation, Wenchkin. I'll definitely test it out tonight. I've seen that message about not being able to see the target when I've ordered dragons I have just tamed in Destard to kill using the "all kill" command. I kind of assumed that the line of sight problems cropped up when the terrain was beautified for KR. It seemed to create some new dips and holes in the ground in 2D, some of which are not all that obvious.

I generally don't bother giving names to critters I'm taming for gains, but do try to have separate macros for "kill" and "stay" commands for two different pets. (I need to add a "stop" command and keep forgetting.) I just change the names in the macros if I take out a different pet or pets than I used the last time. I also have the generic "all kill" macro for fresh tames and for summoned critters. Having the separate macros with the pet names is definitely helpful when you take out two pets at once and want them to be acting independently of each other.

S

Sammie

I experienced this same problem in Destard at the champ spawn area last night. I don't think it is intended, and the "fix" suggested by the above poster doesn't work. It is incredibly frustrating and I died a number of times because of it. If the monster can see to attack my cu, my Cu is in its LOS, and therefore the monster should be in my Cu's LOS and should have no problem walking to it...but right now that is definitely not the case.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tested it in Blood dungeon and I'm not getting any message when the pet is beside me and I tell it to attack the ele when it's not in LOS. I'm managing to get the mare to kill using the name command, with no problems.

I'm wondering if the message is coming up because of uneven terrain, while LOS issues caused by a wall etc aren't getting a message. Which IMO they should. If my pet is standing beside me after a kill command, it would help if the message came up to explain why.

Pet command kill should always work, if it doesn't, I'd recommend you take a screenshot of a location where it's faulty, so the devs can see exactly what terrain is causing the command and explain that the pet name command isn't working either.

Now, it's possible that someone has changed it so even pet name command won't work, which is bad. While pets shouldn't be able to attack something they clearly can't see, and all kill shouldn't work as well as an individual pet command, if a pet can pathfind to it and you can cast on it, then "freddy kill" ought to work.

It's a pity this change hasn't been documented so we know what should be in place and actually test it.

Wenchy

R

Revenant2

In the 2d client at least, I can't give "petname kill" commands anyway because all of my pets names have spaces in them and the pets don't recognize name-specific commands when the names are like that. And in 2d you can't put the spaces back into the names once you've removed them. I'm not set to really test or even do this if it worked.

R

Revenant2

I just tested it in Blood dungeon and I'm not getting any message when the pet is beside me and I tell it to attack the ele when it's not in LOS. I'm managing to get the mare to kill using the name command, with no problems.

I'm wondering if the message is coming up because of uneven terrain, while LOS issues caused by a wall etc aren't getting a message. Which IMO they should. If my pet is standing beside me after a kill command, it would help if the message came up to explain why.

Pet command kill should always work, if it doesn't, I'd recommend you take a screenshot of a location where it's faulty, so the devs can see exactly what terrain is causing the command and explain that the pet name command isn't working either.

Now, it's possible that someone has changed it so even pet name command won't work, which is bad. While pets shouldn't be able to attack something they clearly can't see, and all kill shouldn't work as well as an individual pet command, if a pet can pathfind to it and you can cast on it, then "freddy kill" ought to work.

It's a pity this change hasn't been documented so we know what should be in place and actually test it.

Wenchy

Lumpy ground terrain did it to me. Go out to the area around the Damwin champ spawn altar and look at the ground there, that or look at Destard level 1, maybe a bit toward the east of center.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try and do a bit of testing in T2A tomorrow to see if I can reproduce what you're seeing. I certainly wasn't getting any messages in blood dungeon, but that just supports the theory that it's uneven terrain getting the message and not solid obstacles.

For testing you could always use the context menu kill command, I managed that with my new dread mare and it was working fine. Not something I'd want to do for normal hunting, but enough for a 1 off test.

All my pets are 1 named with 1 word names... really wish we could get a fix so multi word names worked. Such a stupid system :(

Wenchy

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I experienced this all last night in the T2A areas. It is definitely a change from the publish. It happened in several areas where I have often gone to before and have never experienced this in the past.

A change was made recently where, when you do "all kill" and target a monster (or presumably a person), the pet sometimes does not follow through with the attack and instead you see a message over the pet's head which says "That cannot be seen".

R

Revenant2

What I might do for the heck of it actually is take some screenshots next time I get out into areas where it happens. Video isn't really necessary and screenshots are probably better documentation anyway, since they show the monster positions at the precise moment the problem occurs.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had it occur a couple of times in Shame, just south of the entrance to the mage building on the beach with the poison eles (level 3?). Couldn't get pet to attack a poison ele, even using "[pet name] kill" command instead of an "all kill" command. There were also some spots along the beach where I got the message when I ordered my hiryu to attack a kracken or sea serpent; other spots worked fine. Didn't have a chance to get any screen shots of where my pet and the monster were, though. Will try tonight.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I experienced this same problem in Destard at the champ spawn area last night. I don't think it is intended, and the "fix" suggested by the above poster doesn't work. It is incredibly frustrating and I died a number of times because of it. If the monster can see to attack my cu, my Cu is in its LOS, and therefore the monster should be in my Cu's LOS and should have no problem walking to it...but right now that is definitely not the case.

Actually it is an old tamer trick but it does only work with one word names.

Saying "Terminator Kill" will effectively bypass LOS, but "a greater dragon kill" won't do the Job". The same rule applies to controllable summons (demons, elementals, ...).

M

Marcus Blackwell

Ive had this happen to me while hunting the Sphynx in T2A and also in Ish hunting centuars in the Serpentine pass when my Cu Sidhe is standing on the other side of the bandstand/platform when I say all kill. Also on another note seems to be having trouble having my Cu sidhe attack golems in Juka City.. ran across a paragon golem and tried to have my Cu attack it but got the messege your animal will not attack that creature.

R

Revenant2

Also on another note seems to be having trouble having my Cu sidhe attack golems in Juka City.. ran across a paragon golem and tried to have my Cu attack it but got the messege your animal will not attack that creature.
It may be the case that pets are deliberately set up to refuse to attack machines (Golems, exodus minions). A possible thematic justification for that is that the pet is supposed to see such things as objects, not something it would expect to be able to attack and fight with. Pets would also not be expected to attack like... water troughs, for example, so yeah.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saying "Terminator Kill" will effectively bypass LOS, but "a greater dragon kill" won't do the Job". The same rule applies to controllable summons (demons, elementals, ...).
Anakena, using the pet name instead of "all" in the kill command isn't helping. Seems like something has changed, i.e., perhaps pets will no longer pathfind their way to a target under certain conditions.

Looks like we need to have more tamers and mages check out more spots and variations of commands for pets and summons to see what works and what doesn't, and get lots of screen shots in both the 2D and KR clients showing relative positions of pets and monsters when they get the "target cannot be seen" message. It might also be worthwhile to have mages check and see if their EVs or blade spirits are having problems finding targets in areas where they previously didn't have problems.

Can we perhaps get a mod to sticky this thread or another one for that purpose?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive had this happen to me while hunting the Sphynx in T2A and also in Ish hunting centuars in the Serpentine pass when my Cu Sidhe is standing on the other side of the bandstand/platform when I say all kill. Also on another note seems to be having trouble having my Cu sidhe attack golems in Juka City.. ran across a paragon golem and tried to have my Cu attack it but got the messege your animal will not attack that creature.
Marcus, you can't order a pet to kill a golem and certain other "mechanical" monsters. (I think juggernauts and perhaps betrayers get the same reaction from pets.) All you can do is order pet to guard you and wait until the pet senses that the mechanical monster is a threat. Invizzing yourself usually does the trick.

If you have done the solen quest for getting powder and as a result are friended to the solen colony, you'll run into the same issue when doing the ambitious solen queen quest to get bags of sending. Pets of characters friended to the colony will not attack the solen queens. You have to wait for the pet to attack on its own volition.

S

Sammie

Actually it is an old tamer trick but it does only work with one word names.

Right, I have my pets commands indivdually macroed and usually that does work. I simply meant in this situation it isn't making a difference :(.

I was in the champ spawn area of destard, and I've gone here many times before with no such problem. That area is very uneven, so I agree with other posters that the terrain seems to be causing the issue.

L

Lord Drakelord

I went to test this in the upper level of Despise, and found that I could have a lizman beating the crap out of me, and I am spamming 'all kill' and my pet standing just a few feet off and I saw that message 'That cannot be seen' Now come on, my pet is just a few feet off, same room and it cannot see the monster attacking me, surely a dragon who's height must be well over 12 feet or more could see further then I on a horse?

R

Revenant2

It looks like bunches of people are seeing this problem. Here's some screenshots for the heck of it. Click each image for the full sized screenshot.

And actually, something else nasty that I didn't get a screenshot of. At City of the Dead, a Ratman Archer spawned on top of the building and was shooting arrows down at me. My dragon gave the "That cannot be seen" error message when I told it to all kill. However, the mage standing next to me was able to cast spells on it.

Please don't leave it this way!!!!!!!

R

Revenant2

I hope we hear something about this one :/ it sucks.

It happens many times during the course of a single t2a champ spawn (im pretty active in the management of my pet while spawning). Really now, I think I'd take the problematic teleportation back, if given the choice :/.

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another example of something being changed and no mention of it.
This was reported right after the publish and no acknowledgment from Jeremy, FoF, or anyone.

:sad4:
This problem is STILL happening!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tonight while standing in guarded mode next to my pet, "That target (the Sphynx) can not be seen" only 6 tiles away! Yet, my guildmate could peace and cast spells on it from the exact same spot. This is definitely a nerf to tamers. I too would love to know if this was intended, or unintentional collateral damage from recent changes. Oh, a hot fix would be really nice!

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This bug may have been a fix for a work-around letting you attack targets not in the pet's line of sight. That issue has been fixed by this. What was happening was normally when you tell your pet to kill something your pet needs to see it. But players were telling pets to following a target and then giving the command to attack when it could be seen. This no longer works, it tells you the pet cannot see the target to follow it.

But somehow they messed up the attacking command in the process.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTallFC

If this is a line of sight issue, why not adjust the players line of sight + on the z-axis? Just shift the viewpoint + z on everything not static to adjust for line of sight errors in terrain.

This could potentially cure the pet issue and perhaps (big maybe) all line of sight issues that current plague T2A.

Out of curiosity, how much time has passed that T2A has been plagued with this? I seem to remember a time when LoS was not such an issue, but I cannot be sure as it has been FOOKed as far back as these braincells want to venture!

R

Revenant2

This bug may have been a fix for a work-around letting you attack targets not in the pet's line of sight. That issue has been fixed by this. What was happening was normally when you tell your pet to kill something your pet needs to see it. But players were telling pets to following a target and then giving the command to attack when it could be seen. This no longer works, it tells you the pet cannot see the target to follow it.

But somehow they messed up the attacking command in the process.
Additionally. I think that before, pets/monsters didn't do a real, complete LOS check before initiating an attack on something. This would include a monster that just decided it was time to attack you (or teleport on top of you) as well as a pet that's been commanded to attack.

Pets (and monsters) seem to have always used some part of this mechanism when they try to chase down monsters, and in certain terrain situations it's just not worked properly for as long as I have seen it. I saw this in Destard a year ago, on the bumpy ground there, when my archer's Lesser Hiryu would already be fighting some monster. When the monster would be almost dead and try to flee, on the kind of ground terrain that exists in Destard, there was chance that the Lesser would seem to become confused and unable to pathfind to the fleeing monster. It would dart back and forth in these circumstances, sort of panic-like. Back then though, the initial attack didn't rely on it doing that check first, so the problem had much less impact.

I don't think it's so much the command that's been messed with, but all monster attacks probably do this check, and the check doesn't work properly.

I kinda dread the idea of PVPing with my pets like this. The day I see "That cannot be seen" in PVP is gonna be over the top. I'll say it again, the teleporting reapers and the possibility of pets going into someone's house during house fighting wasn't all that bad compared to this (COMMENT HERE: HOUSE FIGHTING TAKES 2 TO TANGO! ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS UNFLAG AND LEAVE! IF PEEPS DIDNT DO IDIOTIC STUFF WITH THEIR HOUSE DESIGN MAYBE PETS WOULDNT GET IN SO MUCH?!).

Aite capslock off, sorry bout that but I'd wanted to say that for a while.

BTW I've never told my superdragin to follow someone into a house, but he's killed people who were in their houses several times. I felt like the old behavior wasn't all that bad, it seemed like it just needed a tweak or something involving private house boundries (not THIS!!! ugh!).

One of the first times I had my super out, some archer was in his house, on the second floor, and he walked up to what amounted to a wide-open door on the second level and took a shot at my superdragon. My 900+ hp superdragon belched a fire breath back and dropped him. With this new code, I bet that could not happen, which is just wrong, if someone can shoot my pet then the pet needs to be able to target back.

R

Revenant2

Would it be possible for someone who works for UO to comment or something? People are like, trying to spawn and fight with pets and stuff, and we can't target stuff right. Youall will make it work right again, right??????

heh

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've recieved the "That cannot be seen" message while trying to target bulls in Delucia for taming. It's kind of annoying to find the correct tile only to have the bull wander off immediately to another weird spot. :p

Just thought I would add this in that it seems to be affecting other things other than just fighting with your pets, although that's enough on it's own to merit some Dev attention. *nods*

M

Mulch

Broken terrain is not something new.
Britain sewers are broken for ages now.

Might be time again to program a working method for line of sight again?

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this part is definately new . pets cant attack monsters that are in even a shallow dip in terrain . yet somehow the same monsters have no problem attacking me is just not right.

the whole thing about pets not targeting something in a house , yet they can target just fine from inside the house also is not right.

weve had a problem with ressing pets on lumpy terrain for a while now but this targeting thing is recent . its all over the champ spawn locations . damwin cod tortice terra . all over . i even get it in destard and despise.

i took the dragon to blood dungon to hunt balrons . as long as they stayed on the flat floor there wasnt an issue . but if they got one step up on the dias they couldnt be targeted. even one step around the corner of the dias they got the targeting message (cannot be seen) . so its not just t2a . it is more prevalent in t2a because of the abundance of lumpy terain there , but its happening all over whenever theres the slightest change in axis.

something should be done to iether reverse this change or improve the targeting abilities of pet ai. weve had the same problem in destard when a wild dragon is near death and flees . if it flies the pet ai goes nuts trying to get to it.
its right frieking there , just one step "up" , so my pets go completely insane and run halfway across the map seeking higher terrain . which of course is too far away to target, but they think its wise to do so anyway.

Edit = this new line of sight thing seems to be in referance to me. "I" cannot see it from one locatinon , but if i move enough eventually the pet will target.

H

HeathBar

I was doing a champ at Marble this weekend and had the same issue. My dragon stood around like an idiot while I told it to "all kill" a rat only a few tiles away. The rat was about 2 tiles higher then me and my dragon, but still I got the message "that target cannot be seen".

Ridiculous.

S

Sarphus

I think the best way to fix this issue is to fix LoS in T2A. T2A has had LoS problems for a VERY long time. Spells like Chain Lightning and Meteor shower have serious problems there because they use the same LoS code that pets apparently do.

I think this problem should be fixed for pets, but the devs shouldn't stop there... they should fix the problem for all systems in the game that have LoS issues with bumpy terrain.

R

Revenant2

Bump.

Darn it

I do a lot of stuff in T2a and every time I go out now, I have this screwup happen. People who don't do stuff on lumpy terrain aren't as affected as those of us who do. Some of the people I talk to in-game don't even realize there's a problem because they don't get out enough.

How about you put the line of sight attack code back the way it was, and just put some extra crap into the house code that causes the pets of unaccessed people to be auto-ejected, like players are when they gate into a house?

That would solve the bigger part of what you meant to fix! And smart-ass archers and mages in their deliberately-designed "house fighting" houses who walk up to openings in the walls and shoot stuff out of their houses would still get shot back by the offended pet, and things would make sense again.

And yeah it's interesting that if someone gates into their private house in fel, you can run through the gate and basically insert your big, nasty old pet right in their face, and the pet stays in while you poof out under the house sign. I wonder if the 'all kill' command will work from out there eh?

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also seems to be a problem with the follow command from the context menu? If you use the menu and follow in someone else's house, you get some message like "I dont think I should follow that person"....

P

packrat

This is getting to be a great big pain in the arzzz... I was 2 tiles away from a creature and I was getting the message "that can not be seen" or whatever it says. That stuff gets very aggravating when you are fighter something that does massive area damage.

G

GirlPower

I kinda dread the idea of PVPing with my pets like this.
Its ok you dont have to dread it cus thats pvm not pvp =) None of this would have happened if so many people didn't try to attack players with their SD's. How about this, make it so super dragons cannot be used to attack players, and forget the whole LOS issue all together and go back to normal.
Many ppl love UO for the open pvp that you cant really find on other games. Now that people are using these overpowered, almost unkillable, 50 - 100 dmg firebreath, shooting around corners, can be peaced for seconds only,using weap specials, mage spells etc monsters to pvp with -soooooooo many people are leaving the game because the one thing it had over the other games is shot. Super dragons SHOULD NOT be able to be used for pvp. Im not a tamer basher, don't care if every other pet in the game is used for it.

G

Gwendar-SP

I stood on my doorstep, an orge right in front of me and my blue beetle beside me. All kill - "target cannot be seen".

S

Sarphus

Yeah, it's kinda annoying.

I hope the devs fix it by fixing the LoS code rather than adjusting the LoS code for tamers only. These same LoS bugs have been VERY annoying for mages who use spells like chain lightning and meteor swarm for years.

R

Revenant2

Yeah, it's kinda annoying.

I hope the devs fix it by fixing the LoS code rather than adjusting the LoS code for tamers only. These same LoS bugs have been VERY annoying for mages who use spells like chain lightning and meteor swarm for years.
I hope they say something about this specific problem soon? Surely they take it seriously?

If something can shoot at my pets and my pet is unable to shoot back, it's broken, and that's that. And no I don't care if the shooter is in someone's house. If someone can shoot OUT of a house, or OFF of a roof, then pets need to be able to cast on them. This stuff's important to keep right and making sense.

If people want 100% secure houses in fel, they can skip all this house-fighting house construction retardation and build real houses instead of making wide open holes in the wall. People who build house-fighting houses get no pity from me when an archer or a pet sends something nasty their way.

Only thing was, monsters could actually teleport into secure houses before. If this whole problem had only been related to house-fighting ******-houses, I woulda have suggested not fixing a DARN thing. But yeah. Whatever this 'that cannot be seen' stuff is, it's really messed up relative to the terrain. And in any case, nothing should cause pets to be unable to target someone in a 'private' house if that person can attack outwards.

Plz give some feedback. It's crummy to just not hear anything and think that maybe someone, somewhere thinks it's ok just the way it is.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still no word ? come on devs. this realy is annoying .
can't SOMETHING be done ?

i feel the agrivation from casters and such but for a tamer this is our main attack ... and its getting us killed . commands that used to work now dont . the targets we're not allowed to hit have no problem hitting us.

how can there be no line of sight for me yet the very same monster has no problem seeing me ?

were talking about very slight differences in terrain here . one step up or down at times .

i could understand not seeing something around a corner or something but this is freequently in an open field , just one step offset for cryin out loud.

given the fact that the monsters can target us in the same situation i have to believe this is unintentional . PLEASE look into it.

i can live with the new housefighting rules i suppose as long as the pets funtion fine for pvm , but they dont . we've voiced our disaproval . weve told you "hey , ya messed up , its not working" ... and we get resounding silence.

this is quite frustrating.

D

Deb

There has been a lot of "Resounding Silence" lately in regards to this
and other issues. Hopefully, it is because the team is working on
something "Awesome" and will soon break thier silence.
Even Jeremy has been awfully quiet lately.
:confused:

Which is so unlike them, alot of posting was going on before Stratics
crashed and burned.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the 2 tiles away "Target Can Not Be Seen" message is getting a little annoying as all :mad:

R

Revenant2

Yes the 2 tiles away "Target Can Not Be Seen" message is getting a little annoying as all :mad:
I got it in Despise Fel the other day while trying to work 4th level. My pets couldn't manage to walk onto the west bridge to pursue a Silver Serpent there. I had to walk up there and put myself a few tiles away from it to get my pets onto the target.

And then right after, my pets couldn't attack some other monster. My pet had deliberately been placed into "passive" mode and I directed it to attack my desired target. The monster walked up to my pet and started beating on it, and as this was happening, my "All Kill" command was giving me that stupid message. To get the pet to engage the target, I had to switch it out of passive mode with "All guard me" and have the AI presume it was defending itself.

.......... Here's to hoping there's an end to this nonsense soon.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And then right after, my pets couldn't attack some other monster. My pet had deliberately been placed into "passive" mode and I directed it to attack my desired target. The monster walked up to my pet and started beating on it, and as this was happening, my "All Kill" command was giving me that stupid message. To get the pet to engage the target, I had to switch it out of passive mode with "All guard me" and have the AI presume it was defending itself.
I had to do the same thing in Shame to get my pet to kill kraken and sea serpents if they were close to the shoreline. If they were further out, it seemed as if my pet could "see" them and start casting spells on them.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Proof is in the Pic as one would say
(Ps this was on a flame strike that I HAD been hitting him with)

R

Revenant2

This garbage got my tamer killed several times while I was trying to PVP in T2a!

He stands there with his pet unable to engage people and then the people mana dump and he dies. How useless!

Something else happened too. A monster was melee attacking him, and his pet was giving the "That cannot be seen" error when I tried to put the pet on the monster. The monster was right next to him, freakin hitting him, on nasty, uneven T2a terrain, and the pet couldn't take the command to target it.

BLEH!!!!!!!!!!

!!!