• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Change of Heart

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The bloodshed the night in Trinsic haunted my dreams, the last memory of the night was stepping through the Dragon lady's moongate, then stepping into a world of Gargoyles. Having a warm bed and food to eat had been great and these people were good people, so many refugees hover around the Guild Hall of the Dragon Clan and they feed and help them all. I have been offered to stay but something is drawing me back to Britannia, like a calling to right some wrongs and defend the poor. The built up aggression Mixed with my anger deepened on the thoughts of Britannia, more of the chaos I had come back to in Trinsic. Being away for almost a year much had changed in the city of Paladins the people I thought I knew did not remember me nor did they seem the same. The last few weeks trying to wrap my mind around what had transpired that night of bloodshed, only made me more confused. Hearing the commotion close to the docks I had stumbled into a riot, women screaming for their lives and I defending the Gypsy I had thought I knew from a man attacking her turned into her attacking me after I had helped her. Who was right and who was wrong more importantly what was good and what was evil. Stepping back now hearing the tales of how the new Governor had fed the starving and sheltered the homeless, then again hearing how the Holy fist had slain Faeryl or was it Fae. Everything is so confusing. All I know is when the time comes I go back to Britannia I will go back with a hardship against the rich and I will try to help the poor. First cleansing the poison from drinking the last year from my body and restoring my strength I will find time to become familiar myself again with my war fork . I dare not speak of my feelings to this clan of Dragon Folk they seem not the kind to go against the laws of the land, and perhaps now is a fine time to find a Hooded Cloak or a Mask !

~Jaxx

((OCC please note this is an Alt not Jaden ))

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Opening the chest at the end of my bunk at DragonStone, there it lay inside the chest a dull pile of dark gray awaiting what it was bought to do. Reaching for the shroud I secure the door In the Hall and try the garment on. Going to the mirror I make sure as my face would be covered and not noticed. Staring back at me is a faceless person, the shadows of the hood covering my head blank out where my face would be. Smiling in the shadows of what covers my appearance my mission shall begin. Jerking the shroud back off and stuffing it inside my pack I begin my way down the stairs from Dragon Hall, not noticing coming up the stairs is the young Dragon Mistress herself. Looking up at me she nods and asks " going to check on the refugees again?" as I am sure I looked dumb-founded I stutter at the words beginning to come out of my mouth, " Well I think I will go check out Skara since you recommend the place so highly " knowing I more then likely do not sound so convincing I wave and keep onward down the steps. I can feel her staring into my back I am certain she must suspect I am lying. Reaching the Moongate just a short distance from DragonStone Hall its destination is set and not to Skara but to Trinsic. Merely coming back to wander the streets and try to figure out what has happened to this lovely city, peace and order has crumbled away and so much chaos now and hostility. Reaching the steps of the new shelter I can hear voices from inside, and adults talking to children. Entering the building , trying not to bring attention to myself I find a dark corner with a chair, here iI listen to what all the commotion is all about. A mere child appearing to possibly be orphaned defending what from a childs mind must seem the better way of life. As the adults allow an uncontrollable young girl child beat on the Ladd with not one adult standing up to separate them. Only mocking the Boy the adults try to force their way of thinking upon the poor lad. Pretty plain to see the young boy has been taught not to hit girls and they continue to mock him. I am not sure how much longer I can stand to sit here and not say a word. As the girl starts to antagonize the boy again with poking at him I shove my chair aside and move closer to the situation. " Control the girl child !!" coming out more as a demand then a statement. Silence fills the room, oh boi now I have done it I am sure they are wondering who the heck I am at this point. Sitting close to the middle of the room I try my best to remain silent. As they claim to allow him to rule the city and mock him for his spouts of how he will do so, uneducated in how a city is ran he trys his best to tell them how he will run the city, as I myself know a child can not run a city and uncertain of who can or will the next election, all I know is things must change and the homeless and poor must be fed.

Again stepping through a gate my life takes on a new tumble, finding myself in the midst of no where I wander till I find a Moongate and mark my destination again to Trinsic, I need to speak with the people not the Holy fist but the normal citizens of Trinsic. I need to find out for myself how they feel. as I step through the Moongate of Trinsic near by I can see a camp fire. As I walk closer I walk closer to the jungle and the sounds of the jungle leave goose bumps upon my arms. I can see several men sitting around the fire, one poking at the fire with a stick. They look up and see me approach, as the one with the stick waves the stick in the air at me saying " You come on over and sit a spell...we were just discussing the rich around this place. What is your opinion of that?" Uncertain if I will have to defend my statement , I can feel the war fork hanging on my back and know the practice lately may have to pay off here and now, clearing my throat " Well I believe they can not control their children and that they are arrogant and snobby, and should find it in their decency to pull more coin from their pockets to feed and home the poor" looking at the group I await what will happen next. As they all look at each other then back to me they all seem to be grinning.......and here's where it shall begin ........................

~Jaxx

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The little sassy young lady of DragonStone often kept a smile on my face as I watched the tiny thing bark orders to the burly Guards of DragonStone, each towered over her and could smash her easily. Not one seemed to be bothered much by her orders they would just smile and begin the tasks she would give them. daytimes I helped as much as I could here but when darkness fell my trips to visit the men I had met that night at the camp site were several times a week. I suppose one could call them brigands or maybe even vigilante's I just called them my *clears my throat* friends, not a true friend in that sense just more of acquaintance type friends. This night plans were to go and look for a Fae Girl Named Serendipity she has put out word and has a job for us. So off to a land I had never travelled before near a Necromancer city and a Dead lake.

Waiting in a small tavern near the docks of the lake they call Gravewater Lake, my patience grows thin waiting for the Fae to close shop and meet us here. The drinks went down well, it had been some time since my last drink and the room seemed to get hazy. Trying to focus on the opening door and who was walking through it. Very small framed girl all bubbly and seeming to be to innocent to be around the likes of these brigand friends but they seemed to know each other as I remained quiet and listened. The conversation drew on and the drinks seemed to make it hard to keep up with what was being said. Then the whole room was spinning and I was out......

~Jaxx

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Coming to aware of the broiling eruption about to come from her stomach, Jaxx comes to, with the Vomitt forcing its way out her mouth barely making it to hang her head off the side of the couch she was passed out on. Seeing the mess land on the stone floor her thoughts became aware that this was not where she had passed out the evening before. Knowing all to well the hang over feeling from over drinking but usually always waking up in a stable or the corner of the bar she had over indulged at. This was new surroundings she had never seen before, just where was she and how did she get here. Hearing the door to the room open Jaxx could see the little pixie pop her head around the corner of the door, smiling and just as bubbly and happy as the night before. " well good morning" as the pixie glanced at the pile of vomit on the floor "seems you had a rough night" as the pixie slightly giggles. " Where am I?" Jaxx managed to say as her stomach was about to explode once more. Quickly throwing a newspaper on the floor under my head the pixie saved the mess from hitting the floor. " Well it seems you are friends with a few of my friends, Charlie brought you here. You are at the Harbor Village at Gravewater Lake you seemed to have drown your spirits at the pub here , The Dragons End. *as the pixie giggles* not named because of we end dragons but more like because here we end up with many as the masters drink a bit. My name is Serendipity what is your name?" " My name is Jaxx !" as Jaxx wiped her mouth and tried to sit up. " Careful there you might get a lil dizzy raising up sooo....." as the pixie watched Jaxx bend her head to the floor to spew more vomit onto the papers.

As Jaxx later began to wear off the hang over and the nausea, the pixie had given her the tour of the place and had explained somewhat why she had called for Jaxx' brigand friends to meet her here. The pixie was like a Robin Hood, except for she was to small and delicate to lead a band of outlaws. She had learned of the X Governor of Trinsic and how he had helped the poor. Agreeing with his stance in that she had followed secretly his moves, she could not become public for the simple reason she was magical and believed in magic. However what he had done for the people was amazing. " So you see I live near a brigand camp and I live in a land set aside from Britannia. I want to help the poor" With the Tavern so close the Brigands spend a lot of coin here and with my insights they seem to find out when transfers of gold and treasures are being transferred from city to city and I am rewarded for that information. I use what I get to help feed the poor" Trade deals should become more often, they always seem to around election time so I drew my friends here for a meeting about Tax Collecting" *as the pixie smiled and giggled* " So what is your stance on this matter?"

~Jaxx