• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champ Spawn template?

• Thread starter Dr. Taylor
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dr. Taylor

I see such great information here, maybe someone would critic my template.

I want this char for champ spawn only.

115 magery
110 SS
109 Necro
110 eval
100 med
104 SW
100 inscription

G

GFY

Have you actually played this template or are you looking for suggestions?

This is a good offensive template but your defenses are weak. With out resist spells you'll be paralyzed and poisoned by large groups of casting monsters beyond level 2 in most champ areas. Without wrestling or a mage weapon large groups of even low level spawn will interrupt your spells making it difficult to survive.

You have a good grouping of skills for possibly 2 different templates here. You could go with a necromage and/or a spellweaver.

Necro
SS
Magery
Eval
Med
Resist

This is a very good template for a necro/mage. Use a mage weapon for defense and take all your skills as high as you have scrolls for.

Magery
Eval
Med
Resist
Wrestle
Spellweaving

This is a good champ template for champs as well, As it has the heavier hitting SW spells for finishing off the champ.

D

Dr. Taylor

Thank you your help. Yes I have played this char and yes you are right I do get hit with spells. I have just added the Spellweaving and have not used it yet, so will have to learn the right time to use the spells. I think the second template you suggested will be what I go with. Thanks.

G

GFY

The some of the biggest things to remember for any mage is;

cast spells that target the weakest resist of what your fighting.

use slayer spellbooks whenever possible.

de-buff your opponent to make your spells more effective.

for spellweavers use word of death near the end of a fight for most damage potential.

D

Dr. Taylor

I do have the slayer books.

(de-buff your opponent to make your spells more effective.) Not sure how that works.

Is Word of Death the most important spell to use for a spellweaver?

Thank you again.

G

GFY

(de-buff your opponent to make your spells more effective.) Not sure how that works.

Thank you again.
de-buffs are spells that lower your opponents resist or abilities. Curse lowers your opponents resist, slow lowers their dex, weakness lowers strength, corpse skin lowers fire resist... etc. This will make your spells more effective. A good combo for a necro/mage is corpse skin, explosion, flame strike.

Word of Death is the weaving spell that does the most damage vs a weakened opponent. There are many other spells that will suit you very well when used properly. Word of death used vs a new opponent doesn't do much damage compared to using it against an opponent that is down 3/4 of it's health.

5% Luck

My provoke discord mage does very well at champ on three facets

120 provoke
120 discord
120 music
120 mage
100 eval
100 med
100 scribe/resist/focus <---- depends on my mood more that any real static reality. Mostly scribe/resist!

While lvl 1-2 are pretty slow solo. Even downright impossible, this char can summons a champ from lvl 3 solo in under 12 mins solo. The rest of the group takes their post as defenders as lvl 3 spawns upon us.

(note)
I have a post on the bard forum describing my items and how i produced so many SP named I found a new gm skill.

S

Salty Pete

My provoke discord mage does very well at champ on three facets

120 provoke
120 discord
120 music
120 mage
100 eval
100 med
100 scribe/resist/focus <---- depends on my mood more that any real static reality. Mostly scribe/resist!

While lvl 1-2 are pretty slow solo. Even downright impossible, this char can summons a champ from lvl 3 solo in under 12 mins solo. The rest of the group takes their post as defenders as lvl 3 spawns upon us.

(note)
I have a post on the bard forum describing my items and how i produced so many SP named I found a new gm skill.

Wow.... It might be interesting to make a chiv/mage/bard. Holy Light and summons for the lvl 1-2 and provoke/discord summons for the rest.

5% Luck

With EQ working 100% at 120 mage it is fair. I do understand where you going with the 4/6 HL.

The main thing is on a bard char I am very low on pvp skills. I have been red on this guy before and get a count or two every time i get raided but in any prolonged battle this guy gets dead.

That said If i dropped the discord/provoke and went ahead with a more pvp oriented template I wouldnt be able to knock out the lvl 4 spawn quite so fast. Evs on a pair of provoked dragons or poison eles tera advengers spamming an area spell is very fast work at that lvl. For a Coon spawn though Silvers and archers dont have sop many HP to contend with soooo...

S

Splup

You should add Resist to temp. Casting mobs keep manadraining/vampiring a lot.

B

Boogieman

Curse lowers your opponents resist, slow lowers their dex, weakness lowers strength, corpse skin lowers fire resist...
Pardon me, but I feel it necessary to clarify this:
Curse does nothing to the target's resists. Curse is a combination of the spells weaken, clumsy and feeblemind. In other words; a general stat reducing spell. It has a good, but time limited, effect on targets with low magic resist, but otherwise it's a bit of a dudd.

R

RichDC

Thank you again.
The most important thing for a weaver is to get an arcane circle the higher the more damage you do(earlier you can WOD)

i play a sw tamer and id say the spell yo will mostly use will be

Thunderstorm (nice low mana cost area spell for low level spawns)
Gift of renewal (with a 5 circle you gain 12hp every 2 secs may be more)
Attunement (up to 60 points of physical damage absorbed)
Natures Fury(these lil bad boys work faster than an ev!!! just remember they do 100% poison dmg)
Gift of Life(ESSENTIAL NEVER LET THIS FALL!!!)
Word Of Death (With a 5 circle you can begin to wod at about 20k hp left if 0 or 2 at redline)

R

RichDC

Pardon me, but I feel it necessary to clarify this:
Curse does nothing to the target's resists. Curse is a combination of the spells weaken, clumsy and feeblemind. In other words; a general stat reducing spell. It has a good, but time limited, effect on targets with low magic resist, but otherwise it's a bit of a dudd.
Actually i need to clarify this further curse does lower resistance by 10 in all elemental resistances.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually i need to clarify this further curse does lower resistance by 10 in all elemental resistances.
its true but we can clarify this one more.. it doesnt lower resists by 10 it lowers the cap by 10.. as well as dex/int/str by a % (magery / 10+1)..

so if your all 70s, you become all 60s.. but if your suit is less then 60s already your not effected...

C

Chaosy

its true but we can clarify this one more.. it doesnt lower resists by 10 it lowers the cap by 10.. as well as dex/int/str by a % (magery / 10+1)..

so if your all 70s, you become all 60s.. but if your suit is less then 60s already your not effected...
I hope nobody plans on fighting in Fel with a suit of less than 60s. :(