• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Champ Spawn Remastered....

Gunsmoke

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So after 10+ years since powerscrolls where introduced in the game from champ spawns how come the champ spawns have been untouched as far as changing the skill to complete a champ spawn. Dont get me wrong i love soloing the champ spawn and racking in the 120s but at the same time champ spawn where designed to hard. Also with all new items in the game to make your into a beast so that u can basically increase the time to complete it faster. So the main question is why has the spawns not been remastered to todays uo gameplay?

I can remember when champ spawns where introduced and taking 1 hr+ to complete a Rat spawn because the level of the spawns where equal to items/equipment at that time.

Thoughts/comments.....

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So after 10+ years since powerscrolls where introduced in the game from champ spawns how come the champ spawns have been untouched as far as changing the skill to complete a champ spawn. Dont get me wrong i love soloing the champ spawn and racking in the 120s but at the same time champ spawn where designed to hard. Also with all new items in the game to make your into a beast so that u can basically increase the time to complete it faster. So the main question is why has the spawns not been remastered to todays uo gameplay?

I can remember when champ spawns where introduced and taking 1 hr+ to complete a Rat spawn because the level of the spawns where equal to items/equipment at that time.

Thoughts/comments.....
Because they added lots of new /harder content elsewhere. Champs aren't broken so please don't tinker with them!

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Several powerscroll scrolls are alreaday 20m -40m, what would happend if champ spawns were made harder / non-soloable?
Prices would sky-rocket, people would resort to 10/15s and the winners is the ones with already fllled 120 scrolled chars.
Over time some powerscrolls would be rare on shards as none bother with champ spawn, thus dies the only working pvp system we have. (well its a PK - AntiPK system rather than a pvp system)

atm the champ system is surprisingly well balanced. One can defend a champ and defend against raiders also, if the spawn/boss were harder/too hard there wouldnet be this double benefit.

what isnt working is the 105/110/115 PS, as all run to scrollbind them into 120s.
Newer player struggle to find PS less than 120s for reasonable prices.

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just my opinion here. I am glad it's easy for you but as for me it is hard content as I don't have good gear or millions and billions to buy it. I really hope it doesn't change. I am actually still working on getting a char together to even attempt a champ run myself.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They did make champion spawns harder about ten years ago or so. Or at least the bosses...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thoughts/comments.....
Khaldun is still open. Go spend an hour there.

Or go to bedlam and solo that.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Thoughts/comments.....
You want a tough Fel spawn for PS? Go to Turtle spawn in Fel, and let us know how long it takes you to do, document it, and prove it of how long it took you to solo, and post the results here..:devil:

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I agree that champ spawns were harder before the changes to the games itemization focus. That change really changed the value of power scrolls. Power scrolls, especially with pet changes, are still very valuable — but they’re no longer the only way to really boost your character. Now we have a lot of different boosts via items, reworked and additional skills. I think champ spawns are largely fine the way they are, with maybe adding a boost to the drops if anything. They’re not hard, but especially for a solo or pair of players, you’re often a juicy target for players. How many have been killed/run off after working the spawn to get the champion with nearly nothing to show for it?

I think the risk/reward is already good. I’ve done a lot of spawns in my time and only ever gotten 2 +20 Margery scrolls. The cost of scrolls in high demand would only go up further and probably frustrate more people than it helped. I think if anything, they should add more challenging bosses in new encounters.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There have already been a couple of changes recently.
First, more spawn. If I recall, people said it added about ten minutes to the time to solo.
Second, renaming a champ to "The Piper."

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only thing I've noticed about Champ Spawns came after the implementation of the Pet Revamp... where when you did champ spawns before if you got a 120 scroll 6 of 10 times it was for wrestling... AFTER the pet revamp it went to 1/20... and now you get 6 of 10 Macing 120's ...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, they revamped Champs not too long ago. Bosses got harder when they added the rare drops in, or at about that time at any rate. Then more recently they "tweaked" them to decrease the number of mobs spawning at a time to "decrease lag" or something.. imo that just made it more of a grind.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, they revamped Champs not too long ago. Bosses got harder when they added the rare drops in, or at about that time at any rate. Then more recently they "tweaked" them to decrease the number of mobs spawning at a time to "decrease lag" or something.. imo that just made it more of a grind.
Ya the hardest part about coon is actually rounding up all the mobs, not fighting them.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the best improvement would not be to change the spawn itself but to simply increase the chances of getting 120s, maybe even make 1-2 of them guaranteed 120s much like the Khaldun spawn did.

I think this would not only drive PS prices down in time but may also make non PvPers more interested to do champs themsleves.

I do a lot of champs myself and have no problems getting scrolls but it can be really disheartening when you complete, for example, 3+ champs and out of 36+ scrolls none are 120. That can put a lot of players off repeating spawns.

Only those with a lot of time and patience will fill up scroll binders, most players generally will not.

As a side note and I know this would upset many 'Traders' I would have no problem in seeing all PS shard bound. Admittedly this would probably hit Atlantic hardest as 99.9% of their scrolls come from other shards! ;)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Thoughts/comments.....

What I would like to see is removing the 'protection' requirement and instead give 6 scrolls for doing the low level spawn per points and then give 6 for hitting the champ. So if you swoop in and 'steal' the champ then you can only get up to 6 without doing enough low level spawn.

The whole 'protection' system is dead. People just have second accounts logged in to get the protection scrolls and keep justice up by mercy killing a defenseless red.
The days of 20 people running around champ spawns and fighting is pretty much dead on most shards.

If you solo the whole spawn you can get all 12.

If you don't change protection - at least then make it so that pinks and whites don't drop your justice. Its just stupid to protect people with max justice and by the time the champ is up you've lost it because of low level scrolls from the spawn. Thats got to be one of the worst designs i've ever seen. What if a red doesn't raid you and you kill them to get your justice back up you can't get all the protection scrolls in a single spawn? Anyways - get rid of protection - it does not work as planned.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a side note and I know this would upset many 'Traders' I would have no problem in seeing all PS shard bound. Admittedly this would probably hit Atlantic hardest as 99.9% of their scrolls come from other shards! [bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)];)[/bcolor]
The problem with this is that it would favor 14 year vets like me where I can shard sheild my characters over to other shards and buy/swallow cheap scrolls. I did it for my tamer for his level 3 taming primer. Best price was 25m on GL. I xfered over to another shard and bought it for 10m, swallowed and transfered back the next day.

You won't be able to stop this but you are right you will stop people from xfering their stuff to ATL to sell. But then maybe it will drive people away from Atlantic with even higher prices and over to lower priced shards. Which would benefit everyone to have more even population.

Right now you have other shards propping up Atlantic by bringing in good to supply the economy. There is a trade imbalance in the simplest terms.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ya the hardest part about coon is actually rounding up all the mobs, not fighting them.
OMG!!! OOHH NOoooooo! You said a bad word! LOLOLOL....Aaaaaaaaaaggghhhhh...:)
What they did is craziness, and paranoia etc etc etc..I like the old name better.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
craziness, and paranoia
but the four letter word was a lot faster to type than "the Vermin Spawn in Fel Dungeon Despise"

Okay, I'm way off topic now, and it's time to think of another idea for the other thread that doesn't involve goblin knees, hot air balloons, magic carpets, or pet dye tubs.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You want a tough Fel spawn for PS? Go to Turtle spawn in Fel, and let us know how long it takes you to do, document it, and prove it of how long it took you to solo, and post the results here..:devil:
I will do so when I resub. I am taking yet another month off from the game right now.
Usually, it takes between one hour and one hour and 20 minutes to do it, depending on how many times you die to those flame elemental things and how many candles the altar started with.
For the boss, I have a second account there with a bard running peace masteries and with justice for the extra drops. This makes the boss fight a wee bit less annoying, but it is doable to do it without the bard, just takes longer.
It takes longer than normal champ spawns, but it is quite fun and the egg was a good drop. Not any more since the pet revamp.
Still fun to do if you are bored and wants a wee bit more of a challenge.

Now, Khaldun was just a mess and not worth revisiting at all.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Considering how messed up some things have been by a 'revamp' it might be best to leave things well alone....:(
My feelings, exactly.
If they "revamp" it, all champ spawns will end up being like the one they made for Khaldun and ain't no one have time to do that for a meagre chance of getting a 120 scroll.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem with this is that it would favor 14 year vets like me where I can shard sheild my characters over to other shards and buy/swallow cheap scrolls. I did it for my tamer for his level 3 taming primer. Best price was 25m on GL. I xfered over to another shard and bought it for 10m, swallowed and transfered back the next day.

You won't be able to stop this but you are right you will stop people from xfering their stuff to ATL to sell. But then maybe it will drive people away from Atlantic with even higher prices and over to lower priced shards. Which would benefit everyone to have more even population.

Right now you have other shards propping up Atlantic by bringing in good to supply the economy. There is a trade imbalance in the simplest terms.
^^^^This 100%

On a side note picked up a lvl 3 taming primer for 9mil the other day. Shard bound will only cause more animosity towards those with SS.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG!!! OOHH NOoooooo! You said a bad word! LOLOLOL....Aaaaaaaaaaggghhhhh...:)
What they did is craziness, and paranoia etc etc etc..I like the old name better.
Once pointed out they had no choice but to change it. Sorry if you can't grasp that concept.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Champ spawns are the best part of the game in my opinion. Don't make any changes to how they function. I've been building characters and suits/weapons for various spawns for years. I get a little more powerful each time, but each spawn is still a challenge whether in a group or solo. And I like the unpredictability of the possible raid. Makes you stay on your toes.

What I would like to see are additional champ spawns added. The Devs should add an elemental spawn. And then there are dungeons with little foot traffic that are worthy spots to add additional spawns. I like the latest addition in Khaldun, but agree the duration could be scaled back so it is on par with the dragon turtle, primeval lich or abyssal infernal. As it stands now, it takes too long to complete even with a group.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fel Champ spawns are there to fight over (yes pvp) therefore they shouldn't be too difficult, just somewhat time consuming. Which they are.
They just made a change with them last year that added more spawn resulting in it taking longer to complete.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What they DO need to do is bring the champ bosses loot in line with all the other bosses and higher end content. The loot they have now is just silly.
I've gotten legendaries off them before. I don't think it's that bad l.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, let me summarize:

- Dont change the spawns and champs we got so far
- Add modern loot to their corpses
- Add more champs (like elementals) to rather dead places
- Let better artifacts drop (gauntlets of anger? LOL)

Agreed?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soon as they add "modern loot" they also add their ideas of "modern boss mechanics" :popcorn:

They also need to keep the only selling point ToL has: Top loot from shadowguard.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Once pointed out they had no choice but to change it. Sorry if you can't grasp that concept.
Yrp..Sarcasm thats all..Its just funny how things change. The grasping is all there, and a lot more that should not be said. But thats a different story. Not to derail the post.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could do something cool to spawns that are dungeon spawns like destard, deceit, dispise, ect. and make them similar to prime evil lich. Make it so each has a level has "DIFFERENT" deco "UNIQUE" to that dungeon level that may be looted. new types of graphics would be nice

They could create a trade in system like a treasure drop similar to Blackthorns dungeon as well. for all dungeons collectivelly or seperate to each dungeon

I think they should do something that would benifit being a "red" at spawns as well. Reds can hit the champ and they cant be under protection either. with the VVV system in place, it does not seem that there is any benifit of being red at all.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think they should do something that would benifit being a "red" at spawns as well.
That would defeat the purpose, being red always meant you forfeit your rights to certain things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying, I played red for many, many years, the appeal wore off as the shards populations subsided.

There is no real point in being 'red' anymore, the whole 'prestige' of being red died many years ago.

That said, I very much agree with making other spawns similar to Primeval Lich, very surprised it was a one off as it works well and gives you a reason to keep coming back other than PS.