• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Challenge to our platinum members!

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, there are commision vendors now, they use house storage, and take like 5% once an item sells. Better option if play on a smaller shard.
oohh i was wondering what these were and how people were keeping high priced items on their vendors for weeks....

Elessar

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
On LS, the "of ice" items that dropped during the Deceit event were consistently selling for 1-3 million. We told new (or poor) players to go there and hunt. You could stick close to the entrance, avoid the paragons, and pick up some drops even with newer characters without max skills.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic, Baja, and possibly some other shards, the Luna bowyer is currently buying feathers for some twenty gold pieces per feather. A youngster with a knife and some determination can make a liveable wage farming turkeys for as long as the feather deficit remains in place.

Ning

Journeyman
I haven't looked into selling just the feathers but did farm a ton of them to make arrows. In Fel with a harvesters blade you can get thousands of them in no time. A player of lower skill can also roam around Ilsh looking for the gypsy camps to buy arrows and bolts at the base price and roll them over for a substantial profit.

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't looked into selling just the feathers but did farm a ton of them to make arrows. In Fel with a harvesters blade you can get thousands of them in no time. A player of lower skill can also roam around Ilsh looking for the gypsy camps to buy arrows and bolts at the base price and roll them over for a substantial profit.
Don't send the children to Felucca! What's the matter with you?!

Ning

Journeyman
Well I suppose on a populated shard that isn't the best idea, yeah. They might actually run into trouble. I forget that I play on a ghost town shard the chances of encountering problematic types are virtually nil.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Update to this thread.... Yukio Glass Earrings. This is something that most people can do at least a few times a day (even the newest of players can complete it with help from others killing mobs) and is 100% RNG for the reward so you could get the earrings one time and would be an instant come up. 100m+ and you can take that money to build a suit or reinvest in buying/selling. With some dedication and a little luck someone could make quite a bit off this new item.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My very first money making effort was raiding the left behind dragon corpses in Destard. Lots of folks training their pets there ignored the loot so I would grab everything I could and sell it to the NPC's. Bought my first 100% LRC suit that way. Did I make a plat in the first month. No, but it did put me on the path to success and the gold was easy.

*Tips his hat and reviews his old ledgers for more ideas*
HAHA I did this as well but I used my weapon & cut corpse up for leather & used a giant blue beetle ... some tamers was nice & partied me so i could loot corpses faster. Then I would bank the leather & sell it at brit bank .. On Sundays Catch a LLTS gate to their craft day and ask them to tame a beetle for you. im sure they will tame any new person a blue beetle. just remember maybe ask for 2 put one in stables to be bonding ( feed it meat then say stable & target it) in a RL week take out beetle and feed it meat again & will be bonded

mgetter

Visitor
Update to this thread.... Yukio Glass Earrings. This is something that most people can do at least a few times a day (even the newest of players can complete it with help from others killing mobs) and is 100% RNG for the reward so you could get the earrings one time and would be an instant come up. 100m+ and you can take that money to build a suit or reinvest in buying/selling. With some dedication and a little luck someone could make quite a bit off this new item.
Most I've ever had in the game was 15 mil. Joined a guild that told me about these earrings and I was lucky enough to farm a pair. Sold them for 165 mill. Game changer for me! Going to treat my self to 120 swords and 120 tactics.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most I've ever had in the game was 15 mil. Joined a guild that told me about these earrings and I was lucky enough to farm a pair. Sold them for 165 mill. Game changer for me! Going to treat my self to 120 swords and 120 tactics.
There's that!!
There's also gold to be made in the buy / sell game as well. I suspect the earrings will continue to drop as the event goes on but once it's over they will start going up again. It takes time and patience to wait out the cycles but these could be good investments.

Great gold to be made in the merchant life. I'll give a couple of examples

Watch for upcoming changes in game mechanics that will impact market value of certain items.
1. When they announced pets would be able to eat power scrolls. Long before the pub went active I bought tons of 120 Wrestling scrolls when people were giving them away for 50-100k a pop. That turned into a multi plat maker.
2. After they announced Vet reward items will be deleted at all idocs I made a little over a plat investment buying them up off VS. This one is taking some time as the global stock is slowly but steadily declining while inversely the price trends are clearly going up.
3. Who went and bought pumpkin helms when they announce transmog potions for head slots? I was late to that one but still managed to pick up a few.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
3. Who went and bought pumpkin helms when they announce transmog potions for head slots? I was late to that one but still managed to pick up a few.
I tried this... I went out and bought a few top hats / bride head pieces thinking I could turn those around for a nice profit.... that did not work out so well for me. lol

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried this... I went out and bought a few top hats / bride head pieces thinking I could turn those around for a nice profit.... that did not work out so well for me. lol
Thought about those but shied away because they're still available. Sorry I hope it wasn't to big of a loss for ya