• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Certain Areas cause my computer to go to pot.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using the enhanced client, there are certain runes or areas that when I enter I am going to lose my computer and have to cold boot.

Today I found when I go to Spirituality Ilshenar through the moongate I get this crash.
My computer makes the sound like it is stuck in a recall and then my screen goes black as it loses its feed...and my computer stays on until I cold reboot it.
When I reboot I see no events in any windows log (save for the computer restarting)
Now if I log on to the enhanced client again with the same character I will begin logging in and boom happens again.
I end up having to log in with my classic client and moving my character.

I have also found this happens when I recall to Minoc Stables Fel and the Tokuno champ and the Royal City in front of the bank. This does not happen on any other recalls or gates. It is only (so far these) certain area.

Now I know my computer is a little below grade (some would say extremely low grade) but it plays the enhanced client fine in all other areas. So why is it just these areas...

Windows Vista 32 bit with 1 gig of ram. (I know I got to upgrade that)
GeForce 9600 GT with 512 MB Dedicated Video Memory.

I know what everyone is going to say is just throw more ram at it, but if that is the case I guess I will just play on the classic client and really miss stuff like right clicking to loot...having 6 different easily macroed weapon-equips...all the hot bars etc.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmm thats weird it may be linked to the bug that when gating or recalling at the same time someone is draging something ! not sure if that was fixed! I would file bug report

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
oh and check to make sure that video card is compatible with the client I know there are some that are not

just looked here is what i found not sure if its still up to date!

#

* The following cards are not supported:
o Geforce™ FX Series
o Geforce4™ MX Series
o GeForce™ PCX 5900
o GeForce™ 6200 Series
o Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000
o ATI® Radeon™ X300 Series
o ATI® Radeon™ X1300 LE HyperMemory-32