• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CCC Vendors & Library has a NEW Look!

• Thread starter Coldshadow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coldshadow

CCC Vendorhouse & Library

We have been meaning to get pics up of the new design of the house for quite some time now but rl life seems to get in the way a lot. (go figure)

With so many questions about the house being asked recently, we thought maybe this would be the time to get it posted.

There are open spaces left for vendors as we now do allow other players to place vendors here. Before vendorspace was limited to guildmembers only. That is also the main reason for redoing the structure. This design will allow more vendors to be placed than it had before.

First off, YES, the library is open to the public. I think there were questions because the library now has doors. This was due only to the fact that CC had to be able to lock it during the redecorating process.

The books are arranged a bit different than before persuant to the request of people who use it. We try to make it as easy as possible to find the runes you are looking for.

There are also books located on the outside of the library that are mainly books for quick recalls to such places as any of the dungeons, cities, and T-maps. This includes both Tram and Fel varieties.

Books on the right side on the steps, will be changed periodically as new quests develope. At the moment, there are books that have runes to all of the turn-in locations for the Spring Cleaning. Also there are books telling what can be turned in and how many points you will recieve for each.

A messanger is also located near the entrance and will give you information if you speak the words "info" to her. This will also change with any new developes that would be of interest to players of the shard.

Vendor rental is free and anyone may stop by and inquire about placing a vendor with any CCC member.

Thank You to all of Origin for your contined patronage!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Come see the good buys at the CCC vendor house. the vendors are always stocked or just come by an chat.

L

Lord Drakelord

Thanks for the library, found a rune I was looking for when I read Poo was hanging around.

C

Crystal Canyon

Thanks for the library, found a rune I was looking for when I read Poo was hanging around.
Your very welcome Sir.

I did read about this "Poo" being around and it scares me silly! LOL Ive been secretly watching for him myself. I have checked and rechecked every lockdown in the house and all seems well but...you never know do you? Hehehe

Please feel welcome to drop by Origin anytime. This shard is full of great people. And if you need a vendorspot when your here just give a shout.

BTW...your sig is awesome!

L

Lord Drakelord

Your very welcome Sir.

I did read about this "Poo" being around and it scares me silly! LOL Ive been secretly watching for him myself. I have checked and rechecked every lockdown in the house and all seems well but...you never know do you? Hehehe

Please feel welcome to drop by Origin anytime. This shard is full of great people. And if you need a vendorspot when your here just give a shout.

Thanks! A young lass made it for me on the old 'forum'. I will be sure to yell for a vendor when next I am around here.

C

Crystal Canyon

We all missed Crystal yesterday, I hope she got some rest.
Rest you say? Believe me when I say, "rest" is coming back to UO!

Yes, I was away all day yesterday, due to the fact that I had to take my 6 year old nephew to the airport so he could return to his home in Oregon.

This trip started out with me and my sister (niether of us knowing the way to Kansas City Airport) and a 6 year old and a 9 year old...both boys. FUN!

At 6 in the morning we were printing off maps from Yahoo trying to decide how would be the best way to go, not realizing that because of the recent flooding in this state, there would be "countless" Detours that was not showing on these maps. We were to learn though...the hard way!

The maps showed we were to travel 150 miles to the airport...HA! After about 250 miles, 300 times of hearing from my sister say "Seth, quit kicking my seat", 6 pitstops for the bathroom in some really weird places, 2 McDonald stops, one for breakfast and one because one boy threw the others breakfast out the window, and at least 3 backtracks because we got lost...we finally arrived at the airport. (Oh yeah, and we ran over 1 poor squirrel!) :sad4:

What a relief it was to see all the planes! Well, it was until I realized that we had had to park in the "north 40 of Timbucktoo" and that we were going to have to walk that far to the gate with 2 boys that had been belted into the back of a sportscar for the last 3 hours and my sister who had a walking cast on her foot and moved at a pace of wounded mongbat.

We finally made it inside, said "no" 200 times as we passed all the gifts shops on the way to his gate, said our goodbyes, cried, and finally waved to Seth as the plane took off.

Finally, a bit relieved that we made it, but sad to see him go, we started our long (very slow) walk back to the car, when Bubbie spots a Burger King inside the airport and insists that his insides have shriveled up to the size of a marble and he just couldnt continue without food.

Yes, you guessed it, we went in, paid 8 bucks a piece for burgers. Anything at his point to keep him quiet and hope he went to sleep on the way home. (I kept my 8 dollar burger to bring it home and have it bronzed as a keepsake of our trip).

So, to tell you the truth..."Rest" is coming back to UO this morning to vendors needing to be filled, monsters needing to be slain, and boards needing to be read!

Im glad to be back! Rest is awesome!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And a fun time was had by all.....NOT!
I feel for you. But you got there (sorry the squirrel didn't)and returned safely plus you got your party to the plane on time. Despite the hardships, I call it a successfull trip.

C

Crystal Canyon

And a fun time was had by all.....NOT!
I feel for you. But you got there (sorry the squirrel didn't)and returned safely plus you got your party to the plane on time. Despite the hardships, I call it a successfull trip.

Yes it was successful, but he highlight of the trip I think was actually running over the poor squirrel!

Sad as it was, and being a Uo addict, the first thing I said when we hit it was, "oh crap, bet we lost alot of Karma on that one!". My sister not knowing anything about Uo, looks at me real seriously and says "ReallY? You think we did?"

Do you know how hard it was to keep the car on the road? (and she tells ME blonde jokes! pfft!) :coco:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Your very welcome Sir.

is there anything freakier in life then popping into a thread and all of a sudden seeing a conversation about yourself.

ITS FREAKY!

I have checked and rechecked every lockdown in the house and all seems well
i was allready at your house, and i pee'd in the flowers, the cats preg-o and i short sheeted your bed.

actually i was the guy outfront last night screaming bloody murder about haveing to pay 8k for a Butchers War Cleaver.
i was slumped up against the pillar there on the back side faking a heart attack after seeing that price, 2 passerby's where fanning me with their shields and calling for a stretcher bearer to take me to the healers hut.

C

Crystal Canyon

is there anything freakier in life then popping into a thread and all of a sudden seeing a conversation about yourself.

ITS FREAKY!

i was allready at your house, and i pee'd in the flowers, the cats preg-o and i short sheeted your bed.

actually i was the guy outfront last night screaming bloody murder about haveing to pay 8k for a Butchers War Cleaver.
i was slumped up against the pillar there on the back side faking a heart attack after seeing that price, 2 passerby's where fanning me with their shields and calling for a stretcher bearer to take me to the healers hut.
Wow, all of that was pretty gross Id say but feel free not to shop here. No hard feeling at all. Im sure you will be better servered elsewhere, but thanks for stopping by!:D

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I bought a butchers war cleaver at CCC yesterday too. yeah 8k maybe a bit high but made it up Hunting leather in despise 2 fold and selling recall scrolls.

F

Flora Green

There are places right in Luna selling Butchers War Cleavers for 1-3 k. Shop around? I think I paid 1500gp for mine.

C

Crystal Canyon

There are places right in Luna selling Butchers War Cleavers for 1-3 k. Shop around? I think I paid 1500gp for mine.
This is true. Ever sinse this new "gripe" hit he boards, I saw that one vendor dropped thiers from 5k to 1k. Had to laugh, looks like all you have to do is go grief someone on the boards and boom! you can get what you want. I think its an excellent idea!

Now I want to agree with Poo... I think everyone , sinse this IS a test shard so to speak, should go ahead and do as he asks and put everything on thier vendors at vendor Pricing! Yes! I want to be able to buy some of those Hats of the Magi for 48 gold pieces!

I mean why would anyone want to price items for the amount of gold they have in them or what the vendor charges to put hem on? I guess I had never looked at it quite that way.

I guess I need to just overlook the fact that it takes 1 gems plus 18 ingots to make a butchers war cleaver. Cheapest gems I found today were 2500k each and ingots were about 10 each, so another 1800. Cool, Ill just go buy those up, cost me about 4300 to make and Ill sel them for 1k! Woot! And if I do an entire vendor full, lets see, I can lose about 3k per x 125 tems...hmmm...375,000! Wow, awesome...and all on one vendor! Oh I just thought, I paid about 3 mil for recipe so I can just add that to the lose also.

Or wait..I could go get the ingredience myself couldnt I? Then, I could sell those gems for about 800 gold each (instead of 2500 each) and the ingots for about 10 each. Opps but I still have to pay the vendor. Well Id better cut those gems down to about 500 each or Im going to go in the hole.

Now, with all the "griping" , I guess if anyone wants to sell me those gems for 500 each instead of 2500, Ill buy them all and put those cleavers on the vendor for 1k each. Whatcha think...got any sellers here?

By the way, everything has different prices, you can always find bargains. I bought a crap load of plants last night for 100 each...decorating for the halloween thingy, very cool price! Going after more!

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gather the raw materials for a lot of the items I sell myself (wood, ingots, gems, etc.) so I charge according to several things. One being demand. If the demand is low, I sell for less and hope to break even so that the person looking for a straw chair can find one.

However, if I buy the raw materials and craft an item, I do as Crystal above mentioned. I take the cost of the item into account and time, then sell a few on the vendor at a time. I've also in the past traded items, or had a friend or two that would get the items I needed that they didn't and we'd sell/trade items for a very reasonable price to one another.

F

Flora Green

In all fairness I purchased my BWC some time ago and before the NPC price change. I couldn't believe the 1k prices when I did a search for them after reading this thread. I do the same as you and Latobian, Crystal. If I purchase materials from others it's a no brainer to sell a little bit higher. If I thought my plants would still sell I would raise them slightly (not too much- couple hundred gp on the plain plants). While gardening isn't hard it IS time consuming. Multiple characters with multiple bags of plants, kegs have to be made, crossing to get mutants, keeping track of what I've crossed, etc. I do love it though. :)

C

Crystal Canyon

In all fairness I purchased my BWC some time ago and before the NPC price change. I couldn't believe the 1k prices when I did a search for them after reading this thread. I do the same as you and Latobian, Crystal. If I purchase materials from others it's a no brainer to sell a little bit higher. If I thought my plants would still sell I would raise them slightly (not too much- couple hundred gp on the plain plants). While gardening isn't hard it IS time consuming. Multiple characters with multiple bags of plants, kegs have to be made, crossing to get mutants, keeping track of what I've crossed, etc. I do love it though. :)
Well not only the time it takes to do plants, which is a massive amount, but they also take quite a bit of potions to get them to grow. That is also a factor in pricing, wheather you make your own potions or you buy them.

Either way...Im glad it is you doing them and not me!:) I detest doing plants! (and they dont like me much either...they like to give me that "dead plant message)

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I don't like plants either, try as i might I have a black thumb when trying to grow plants. Hunting the news seeds may be fun. Maybe I will give mine to someone or drop them in the bank?

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sad to see a few vendors this shard compete against each other why not work together?? origin is a special group of peeps, why compete when not needed??

there are like 4 vendors houses this shard that are stocked work together dont compete so u can play more!

Come by the CCC vendor house, there have been some new vendors added. :) Check all the new plants.

C

Crystal Canyon

sad to see a few vendors this shard compete against each other why not work together?? origin is a special group of peeps, why compete when not needed??

there are like 4 vendors houses this shard that are stocked work together dont compete so u can play more!
No offence at all Wanderer, we were not trying to compete with anyone. I think Gunner was simply saying that we have the new plants in stock now, and that he has added a couple of new vendors we did not have before.

In fact, I wish this entire thread had been removed as said it would be and that ALL people would follow the rules of advertising as they are supposed to. But, im sure that will never happen here.

Per Ghost's Orders:

I have created a new Vendor Houses Thread in the Trade Forum specifically for Origin Vendor houses. Please use the thread for advertising your vendor houses. We will be removing all Vendor Advertisements posted in the Origin forums.

This will give us an easy reference to all the vendor houses people decide to post. We will do our best to remove any old out-of-stock vendors as we are made aware of them. So PM me if you see any old vendors which have remained out of stock for awhile, I will check on them and remove them as necessary.

Thank you,
Ghost
Our thread was started way before he gave those orders, and I did go to where he asked that ALL advertising be placed, and put info about our establishment there.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=96794

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no offence taked i get my repairs at your place every day!!!!!!!!!! just tied seeing u guys compete who post on top rather, see an event and idea or least a group hunt over hey my vendor has plants!!!!!

after a week month or two of that drama gets old this shard posting is lame, all should be ashamed !!!! ghost tried with an event i showed up!!!!!!!

No offence at all Wanderer, we were not trying to compete with anyone. I think Gunner was simply saying that we have the new plants in stock now, and that he has added a couple of new vendors we did not have before.

In fact, I wish this entire thread had been removed as said it would be and that ALL people would follow the rules of advertising as they are supposed to. But, im sure that will never happen here.

Per Ghost's Orders:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=96794

C

Crystal Canyon

no offence taked i get my repairs at your place every day!!!!!!!!!! just tied seeing u guys compete who post on top rather, see an event and idea or least a group hunt over hey my vendor has plants!!!!!

after a week month or two of that drama gets old this shard posting is lame, all should be ashamed !!!! ghost tried with an event i showed up!!!!!!!
Yes, I know you do buy repairs there...thank you for your patronage.:)

But, let me assure you, Gunners post was not to up the post over anyones. I cant image from he posted that you find "drama" in what he said or did.

I find it hard to believe that you would post such to us. We did as we were told to do immediately after GW posted the new rules.

If you dont want us to post about our new items just simply say so, but we have been asked several times for the last two weeks about when we would get more plants on the vendor and we just did this last weekend.

If this is a simple attempt to get our post locked so be it.

I shall have him remove his post.

Edit: I should have said ASK him to remove it. Sorry Gunner.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sorry not trying to lock was trying impart an idea

offer some thing over out posting each other

or get together and make a grouping each can sell x things so dont compete both happy

and co sponsor events, or just go war with each other fight in luna LOL!!!!!!!

Yes, I know you do buy repairs there...thank you for your patronage.:)

But, let me assure you, Gunners post was not to up the post over anyones. I cant image from he posted that you find "drama" in what he said or did.

I find it hard to believe that you would post such to us. We did as we were told to do immediately after GW posted the new rules.

If you dont want us to post about our new items just simply say so, but we have been asked several times for the last two weeks about when we would get more plants on the vendor and we just did this last weekend.

If this is a simple attempt to get our post locked so be it.

I shall have him remove his post.

C

Crystal Canyon

sorry not trying to lock was trying impart an idea

offer some thing over out posting each other

or get together and make a grouping each can sell x things so dont compete both happy

and co sponsor events, or just go war with each other fight in luna LOL!!!!!!!
I dont understand why you think there should any type of fight at all.:) Seriously.

Several advertising of vendors and or vendorhouses have been made since our post was put up and the new rules were installed. Our post has hit the bottom several times, with these ads posting over ours...we never complained nor simply posted anything to raise it.

I still find it a bit strange that you would post your disagreements about advertising to us when we were the only ones that did follow the new rules. What about those that didnt and run our post down...thiers didnt bother you?

And just for information, we are in alliance with one of the other large vendorhouses and what we do is to keep our prices as close as possible to each other to avoid any real type of competition. But to tell anyone, "hey im selling this item so you cant, is not even possible."

Besides, alot of our items go to restock other vendors anyway, so it would only hurt those who do buy from us to restock.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I closed this thread and will close any other Vendor house threads on the first page. Please If you have any updates to the Advertisements make them on the West Coast Trade Forums, were the other advertisement is posted. Thanks for the understanding.

Oriana

Status
Not open for further replies.