• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cc targeting after patch

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else notice the "attack nearest mobile/hostile" not working the same as before the patch? It's like the targeting has a super spongy trigger. I'll mash dat button and it wont....take... I've actually died a few times taking down mobs that I had zero problems with before the patch.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the macro set up?
Khaldun specifically. Mine works when I am alone but if anyone else walks by or brings mobs near me it does random things. Targeting something many tiles away from me while I am surrounded and just standing there.

And I think they did mention targeting in the patch. :brokenlink:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same result. Nearest is sometimes fairest. Didn't change when pressed again.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before the patch, it went like this for nearest hostile.

*hits button*

No hostiles on screen.

Really? What about the one that is standing right next to me, trying to kill me?

Three mashes later, it would bring up the bar.

Or, it'd bring up the bar of the seriously threatening wraith just visible on the edge of my screen whilst completely ignoring the butcher standing right next to me.

I haven't noticed a change in this since the patch. I mean, sometimes it works. But when it fails, it's timing is absolutely impeccably bloody awful!

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never played an MMO with such poor excuse for a targeting system. I tried and tried to make the UO system work when they came out with it. I had all the problems and more mentioned above. I just simply stopped even trying to use it. Take all the fancy new art, new items, etc - just give me basic functionality that every other MMO I have played has that actually works. Khaldun is a such a frustrating experience for me due to this.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Doesn't matter what client you are in it just plain doesn't work... even the EC. And the EC bar system is a serious source of issues... with not updating and all sorts of other problems... '

I gave up playing a sampire because I was always missing or I'd stop hitting altogether and just be standing there dying because the targeting system is targeting something that's almost 1/2 way or more across the screen while there are 6 things standing there ganking me... and it's supposed to be targeting the "closest" ...

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've only noticed since this last patching. I constantly get the "no hostiles on screen" or the "no mobiles on screen". I tried changing from attack nearest hostile to attack nearest mobile, hoping it would be better.....nein, still suxxors. I'll sit there and whack my buddon 10x with the "no hostiles" crap going up my screen, then finally it will hit one of the 4 or 6 things on me.
The old targeting wasn't perfect, but it was easily playable, imo. This crap going on now makes me not want to play my sampire.

@uomakerofcodesguy please fix dis, please.